Returning to our story...

Commerce City, glorious American beacon of business and model metropolis for the world, is under the constant threat of supervillains. The police are either too helpless, incompetent, or smart to oppose the dastardly madmen (and madwomen) that would unleash havoc on the lives of the millions of commuters that call the city their home. Are there any heroes that will heed the call and defend Commerce City for free.

This game is run on the Risus system.GM: Deadman
Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Returning to our story...

Post by Deadman » Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:50 pm

Reflective silver letters appear on the Starcue's grip:

'*¬POWER LOW

The message vanishes and is replaced by...

'*¬RETURN TO HQ FOR RECHARGE

'*¬CHECKING GREEN TABLE'S MIND FOR TRANSFER PROTOCOL

'*¬FILE NOT FOUND

'*¬UPLOADING FILE

'‚ª'‚ª'‚ª
The secrets of interstellar travel blast into Billy Scratch's head, maps and star charts, but he's not overwhelmed by it. Space travel is just a matter of figuring out the angles and applying force. It's his specialty.

One rule of physics is that for every action there is an opposite reaction, but it depends on the size of the players. Hit a ball and it'll shoot across a table. But hit a ball that's much bigger than you and most of that force will push you backwards.

And since the Earth is essentially a giant ball, by hitting it with enough force a Green Table can launch themselves into space. All BB has to do is line up his shot so the trajectory is set for Hq, strike the ground with a little cosmic energy, and Billiards Boy and anyone touching him will blast skyward through a wormhole to Hq.
'‚ª'‚ª'‚ª

'*¬UPLOAD COMPLETE

The letters vanish.

"Upload complete? It doesn't look like it did anything," says Miles.

Amaris
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Amaris » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:44 pm

"Holy Shish-ke-bob!" CHarade exclaims, "That is amazing!"
7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:46 pm

Billiards staggers and grabs hold of The Butcher to keep his footing after having the secrets of space travel transfered into his head. "I... I get it!" He touches his stick with a loving caress. "I, I think I can take us to into space, to the Gree Table HQ... maybe they can get energy for your ship JFK." He shakes his head to clear his mind of the cosmic stars floating before his eyes.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:46 pm

The Spark is flabberghasted. He stares at everything with an open mouth, saying nothing until someone prods his chin and so his mouth closes.

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:03 am

Boozehound sighs.

"and I'll i got is this poop eating dog"

He looks at kaiser, who looks back with disgust and a light snarl
why do i put up with you
"he once left something amazing in the yard"

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:02 am

The Butcher moves to steady Billiards Boy, smiling under his mask. "Easy there, B. Seems like you've got a lot on your plate all of a sudden."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:48 am

Billiards looks up at the Butcher with a happy smile, "Thanks Butcher, I didn't expect any of this. Well gee whiz this is a crazy day!" He nods to reassure himself. "So what next?" He looks to The Butcher for the answer, but gazes around at everyone who is HOTSTUFF for a reply.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Amaris
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Amaris » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:38 am

"Well, you can just.... Go. Right?" "Do you need a spacesuit?" "Can you breathe up there - oh and how old are we all going to be when you get back?" Charade asks Billiards and the group in general.
7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:46 pm

"I gather as much, I think I can take someone with me too." Billiards isn't sure, he's holding his stick looking at the glow on it.
Can I get a bit of ooc detail on this power, etc?

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:29 pm

Striking the ground will launch Billiards Boy and anyone touching him (potentially all of Hotstuff) into space. A bubble of oxygen will accompany you through hyperspace, large enough to last the brief trip. Just make sure to do this outside as the ceiling would be unforgiving.
Dr. Innocent cackles. "Brilliant! All of Hotstuff should travel to Hq and recover energy for Space JFK's ship."