Returning to our story...

Commerce City, glorious American beacon of business and model metropolis for the world, is under the constant threat of supervillains. The police are either too helpless, incompetent, or smart to oppose the dastardly madmen (and madwomen) that would unleash havoc on the lives of the millions of commuters that call the city their home. Are there any heroes that will heed the call and defend Commerce City for free.

This game is run on the Risus system.GM: Deadman
JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Re: Returning to our story...

Post by JohnnyWeird » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:25 am

"ALL of HOTSTUFF, doctor? What if Roboticus and his evil minions strike again?"

The Butcher is normally a very trusting person, but something is definitely fishy - or perhaps gamey - about this.

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:37 am

"Dr. Roboto! Dr. Roboto! Dr. Roboto! Can't you numbskulls get that my..." he blinks and pauses before starting again, "...correction is that his name is Dr. Roboto? We have to keep track of who we're fighting here. There's a Mr. Joe Robotion out there somewhere, minding his own business, working perhaps say as a grocer, who would hate to be the target of a superhero attack because of a clerical error. And no, I don't think Dr. Roboto will attack again so you should all leave the city."

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:24 pm

"What makes you so sure that Mr. Robotarm will not strike again?" the Spark asks.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:01 pm

Billiards perhaps catches that slip of the scientist, he has his suspisions, "Its true, Mr. Roboto is not real threat anyhow. Those other villians we captured told us how he's not the mastermind and can't do anything without clearing it first with some other power. That woman also wasn't very complimentary about his...Robotics, lets say. I'm sure this Mr.Roboto is no trouble that a few uniformed cops couldn't handle." He is 'ignoring' Dr.Innocent as he speaks, but is secertly watching him for a reaction.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:34 pm

"Hey! Um, Billiards Boy is right. Dr. Roboto is a keen and cunning mind, and only a fool would underestimate him, and he'd destroy them all for their impertinence. Perhaps...one of you should stay," says Dr. Innocent.

"Let them all go," scoffs Lana. "The repair crews haven't even started on the damage from last time they 'defended' the city."

Space JFK smiles in that Kennedy way. "I don't know what you should do. Space can be quite dangerous and I do not recommend traveling alone. However Dr. Roboto is a clear threat and must be guarded against."

Dr. Progress awkwardly floats a proposition. "I think I might have a solution...I've been dabbling in, well, for theoretical research primarily, a device, it's a machine that can, using the latest models..."

"Out with it!" shouts Miles Mannered in an uncharacteristic burst.

Dr. Progress grins sheepishly. "A Quantum Waveform Prism. You all know about schroedinger's cat? That until you observe an object all of its possible states from parallel realities superimpose?"

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:23 pm

The Spark scratches his head and has a flash of inspiration: "I always thought it is either dead or alive but we just do not know it. I remember. On nightshifts at the power plant, we used to do these experiments with rats and boxes. In the end, we all threw them into the reactor. They ended up dead all the time... So how does your machine work?"

Amaris
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Amaris » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:14 am

"What do dead cats and boxes have anything to do with us anyway?" Charade asks. "We could split up Billiards me and the Spark, while the Butcher and BoozeHound and Killer Kaiser protect Commerce City, good?"
7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea.

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:47 am

"BURRRRRPPP" boozehound returns to life, drool dripping down his cheek from laying on his side.

"Cats? Please tell me your talking about the musical or the strip club" he smiles warmly with a LONG PAUSE

kaiser swats him with his tail attempting to pull the lush out of some dreamland he escaped to.

"I don't like the idea of Mr. Wizardrobotoinnocentevil conducting any types of experiments on me.... I don't want to end up with a second head thank you very much."

He takes two flasks from his belt, preparing for a shot/chaser combo. he thinks, everyone can see his head hurting from the thoughts.

"wait a second... if i had a second head wouldn't that mean i could taste two drinks at the same time?"

he sits drawing a two headed stick man on doodles pad. His tongue bit in his lips.

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:20 am

"Well, it's quite simple," says Dr. Progress in the manner of scientists about to explain the incomprehensible. "All actions that haven't occurred yet are happening in the future, potentially. So there's a timeline where you travel to Hq, and a timeline where you stay in Commerce City. At a certain point you'll decide and then our universe will have only one of those possibilities. The other possibility will branch out and become its own parallel reality. What the Quantum Waveform Prism does is displace an object in space so the two probability waves that would normally split into separate dimensions remain in the same universe, but in different locations. The key is to have zero contact between your two selves so reality is tricked into thinking that it is a different universe in each frame of reference a waveform operates in. Once your two waveforms come close they'll merge back into one, hopefully with the universe none the wiser that you were in two places at the same time. What could go wrong?"
Hotstuff is going to briefly split up again, one half going to space and the other learning more about Dr. Roboto's scheme and the meaning of the stolen Staff of Anubis. If you can't decide which adventure you prefer you can risk Dr. Progress' machine and possibly, rolls permitting, go on both.

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:42 am

"i'll do it!" Boozehound grins. "I mean what could be better than two of me?"