Returning to our story...

Commerce City, glorious American beacon of business and model metropolis for the world, is under the constant threat of supervillains. The police are either too helpless, incompetent, or smart to oppose the dastardly madmen (and madwomen) that would unleash havoc on the lives of the millions of commuters that call the city their home. Are there any heroes that will heed the call and defend Commerce City for free.

This game is run on the Risus system.GM: Deadman
JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Re: Returning to our story...

Post by JohnnyWeird » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:33 am

"I think my efforts might be better spent here," comments the Butcher. "No offense, Billiards, but I'm no expert on astronomy."

The Butcher considers briefly what could be done regarding Dr. Roboto. It seems pretty clear that there is some connection between Dr. Innocent and this mechanized menace. But how to prove it, without resorting to tickling? HOW?!
Hero cliche to figure out how to go about revealing the good doctor.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:51 pm

Billiards blinks at the explaination of the machine prism future splitter thing. "Does that mean I could see all possible shots on the table and take only the best one if it is the right one but not the wrong one if I see it before hand and mae reality really awesome and win every game? I'll do it!" He spins his cue stick like a baton and slams it on the ground, "I'll lead the... Away Team, yeah, lets call it the Away Team, half of HOTSTUFF will come with me and maybe that guy over there..." he's pointing at one of the lab techs who is wearing a Red Shirt, "...to help keep us on track and explain this Prism Splitter thing to us along the way."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:08 pm

"Your case might be problematic," says Dr. Progress. "I'd be afraid to split the starcue. If one half got charged with cosmic energy and the other didn't that would leave them unbalanced. The idea is to maintain a level of symmetry so they can merge as one object, two identical waveforms that happen to race along different timelines before turning back to one. The consequences of one of your counterparts becoming radically different could be...well what's the worst that happen right? I'll fire up the QWP. Come on."

He leads everyone through a few doors to a room across the hall. There's a strange dodecahedron shaped room with white panels on the wall. A few computers are set up, but the exact middle of the room is clear. A strange machine points down at that spot from the ceiling. "Stand in the center of the room if you want to be split. You'll have to embark for space immediately though, stay nearby and you'll merge almost instantly."
Choose what you're going to do. You can stay unsplit and pick between Commerce City or Space, or divide and go to both. Each person that goes through the prism will have an individual roll that determines whether it has unexpected side effects for them. Don't worry about a failure doing something as uninteresting as injuring or killing your character. Instead it'd just make their life very weird for a while.

In deciding what to do figure out whether you want to post on both threads that I'll split off, and whether your character would risk it. In either event you'll be reunited and we'll return to one thread before long.

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:29 pm

The Spark has always been fascinated by energy and technology. "I will prism myself. Just hope the thing doesnt break while Im in it."

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:44 am

Holding up his hands, the Butcher steps back.

"In this economy, I've got enough trouble just being ONE of me. Thank you, though, Dr. Progress; I'll be staying here."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:32 pm

The young man with the Starcue considers, "Its probably best if I don't try and split myself, if something happens to the Starcue we could all be trapped in space, or worse. So I'll go to space, but I'm not going to use the prism to split." He is ready however to take those into space right away once the prism splitter whatchamacallit thingy is used. "You are a brave man Spark."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:37 pm

"I know" says the Spark, with a mad grin, showing just a few traces of insanity. "Ok, where do I split up? Let's go!" He gestures at the Docs to shoot their gizmo right at his chest.

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:22 pm

Lana Literation snaps a few photos of the prism room while Dr. Progress starts tapping commands into a computer. A loud humming is emitted from the faceted wall.
So far The Spark and Boozehound are getting split. The Butcher and Billiards Boy are not.

Are Charade and Kaiser getting split as well? And if Kaiser isn't getting split, which Boozehound will he go with?

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:26 am

Kaiser, knowing that even though he cannot stand boozehound, he cannot live without him... however, being an intelligent creature he knows that this could be his chance to live free without his 'master'
kaiser will follow the boozehound that is going to space...

does this mean I'm playing 3 characters now? lol

Amaris
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Amaris » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:55 pm

"I'm going to pass on the... splitting. For now at least." Charade says eyeing the brave dog and The Spark. "I'd like to see something of outer space, how safe is it again?" she asks teetering between the 2 options, less enthusiastic than earlier she sniffs and moves a couple of steps away from Boozehoud.
7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea.