Returning to our story...

Commerce City, glorious American beacon of business and model metropolis for the world, is under the constant threat of supervillains. The police are either too helpless, incompetent, or smart to oppose the dastardly madmen (and madwomen) that would unleash havoc on the lives of the millions of commuters that call the city their home. Are there any heroes that will heed the call and defend Commerce City for free.

This game is run on the Risus system.GM: Deadman
Amaris
Level 10
Level 10

Re: Returning to our story...

Post by Amaris » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:06 pm

Neither Dr. acknowleges the fair superhero. Several uncomfortable minutes go by until she stammers "Space it is... then" weakly.
7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:49 pm

Billiards offers his arm to Charade, "Come close Charade, hold on tight to Billiards Man." He flashes a 'sexy' smile at the woman and offers to pull her in close to him in superhero style.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:19 pm

The Spark grins: "OK, throw everything you have at me. Prism me!" He pulls down the flexible collar of his superhero suit to expose a rather unmuscular and hairy breast.

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:26 am

"Sorry," apologizes Dr. Progress after a delay that seems like weeks. "Space-time can get wonky right before Quantum Divisions."

Boozehound and The Spark bravely risk their place in a universe with semi-logical laws of causality and stride into the center of the room.

Dr. Innocent cackles. "The two heroic fools! My job might get easier. If this kills them then I won't have to-" he pauses and thinks about what he's saying "...not go to their funerals and be very sad. And then my job would be easier because there would be less heroes for me to help. I hope that does not happen."

"Don't worry Dr. Innocent!" says Dr. Progress. "My machine is quite safe! Out of 20 mice we tested it on, 38 were unharmed!" He flips the switch.

*BBAABZZZOWOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS*

A beam of aqua light blasts down and strikes the two overconfident avengers.
Rolling 1d20 to see how well the machine works. 20 is perfection. 1 is abject failure.

Boozehound: 17 Almost no weirdness! What a pity.

The Spark: 4 Sweet.
When the light fades the center of the room is empty. On one side near the wall Boozehound and The Spark stand together. On the other side, Boozehound and The Spark stand together.

The twin pairs feel powerful, almost gravitational force dragging them towards their counterparts! One Boozehound's sneakers squeak on the floor as he's dragged an inch closer.

"Quick Billiards Boy!" shouts the scientist/madman responsible for this division. "Get one set of them outside and leave the planet immediately! Everyone who's going, grab them! Help them separate or they'll recombine!" Wind whips through the room scattering papers as the force grows."

Amaris
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Amaris » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:45 pm

Charade quickly picks The Spark to rescue from recombining with his bad self and reaches out and clenches his bicep tucking it under her arm and she begins pulling him towards the door (while staying as far from the Boozehound as is possible).
7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea.

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:47 pm

the two boozehounds look to charade with drunken interest they both say at the same time

"hey what about me?"
kaiser grabs his boozehounds pants with his teeth pulling him away from the other boozehound attempting to get "handled" by Charade

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:51 am

"Your concern is moving, Dr. Innocent. I wonder if I might beg your assistance in locating Roboguy; your expertise should be more than a match for that Johnny Come-Bad-At-Robotics!"

The Butcher speaks with the words of Senor Fisticuffs in mind; Keep your enemies close, then punch them in the mouth.

As the splitting takes place, he moves to keep the heroes separate; he grabs hold of the Kaiser that will be staying on Earth, reasoning that his tiny dog-body is more likely to be pull toward itself!

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:26 am

Kaiser was not split I believe. The canine crusader is staying on Earth, correct?
With the aid of their comrades one Boozehound and Spark are dragged outside, but even outside the building the attraction grows. They've got to leave the planet ASAP. It's Billiards Boy's cue, no pun intended.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:59 pm

Billiards Boy helps with The Spark as well, he hurries outside. "Come on everyone with me, someone handle Mr.Innocevilnt over there..." he's no idiot he's been listening to the mad doctor. The moment the group reaches the outside he plants the cue on the ground pointing up, "Grab on!" He waits for everyone to be touching him, he then grabs the stick in both hands hoists it up over his head and shouts, "Good Guys Corner Pocket of Space!" He closes his eyes and away they go...
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:47 pm

Boozehound x grabs the pool que, ready to go to space, Boozehound z stays behind with the unsplit kaiser, hoping for charade to shake him down, to the dismay of his other him.

The boozehounds look at each other both tilt their head to the right, put a hand up, and giggle it seems they are of the same mind.

The Boozehound looks to Billards Boy, "you should have split yourself, you would have had your ultimate wingman."