To Infinity And Beyond!

Commerce City, glorious American beacon of business and model metropolis for the world, is under the constant threat of supervillains. The police are either too helpless, incompetent, or smart to oppose the dastardly madmen (and madwomen) that would unleash havoc on the lives of the millions of commuters that call the city their home. Are there any heroes that will heed the call and defend Commerce City for free.

This game is run on the Risus system.GM: Deadman
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: To Infinity And Beyond!

Post by Vardaen » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:41 pm

Billiards takes a moment to listen to all of what is said, "I am not a Green Table..." he looks a bit dissapointed at having to say this. "I...well my uncle owned this cue. When he died it came into my posession. I have fought crime and tried to do good with it, but only recently did I realize the true potential of it. My cue became supercharged when it came in contact with a powersouce from an alien spaceship. We've come to ask for help fighting a great evil on earth, and to learn some really cool trick shots while I'm at it." He looks worried, his cape flapping in the wind, "But if you are under assult, I guess that means we'll need to fix things here first."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:09 pm

Quizno nods sagely. "Impressive that you've been able to do what you've done using an uncharged starcue. The Angles must truly be on your side.

Your aid is most welcome, if a surprising twist. Usually the Green Tables and their allies are the ones that arrive to help planets in need. We are the best pool players in the galaxy. Whenever an alien armada invades, a star-eating space god approaches an innocently delicious system, a robotic nano-swarm attacks, we are there to hustle them. To challenge them to a high stakes winner take all game of pool whereupon if we win, they must withdraw in peace. Many a galactic threat has been stopped by cleverly misrepresenting our skill.

But these Forehead warriors aren't falling for our trap. They've discovered our only weakness - not playing pool with us! Instead they just attack with sharp objects."

Amaris
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Amaris » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:32 am

"The Angles? Pool angles are controlling our fates now?" Charade guffaws. "Sorry I spaced out on you Billiards, I didn't want to attack the beast and couldn't come up with any way to save that atrocious story," she continues condescendingly, "who would've thought your pool playing - uh- skill would prove so important?"
7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea.

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:04 am

The drunken Spark starts laughing uncontrollably. At first it seems he's laughing at Charade, but then his laughter continues without focus.

Suddenly frost and snow appear all over his body. He continues laughing, then starts screaming in mortal terror and laughing simultaneously. "AAAAAGH HAHAHA AAAAAAGH HAHAHA!" He starts running away from the group in panic, makes it about ten feet then suddenly clutches his crotch, "Ooph", and falls to the floor in the fetal position. In a drunken ball of pain and hate The Spark again thinks "$&@# planet!", not knowing Dr. Progress is really to blame.

The heroes stare at their prone ally for a few bewildered seconds, then turn back to their conversation.
A few spells were just cast at The Spark on Earth, seemingly with no effect.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:10 pm

Billiards is speaking to the Green Table, "I would know about my equipment, and came to seek the guidance of the Green Tables. I didn't even know about you or the Angles until a few hours ago. I'm just that good at pool you see and..." then the Spark becomes a laughing popcycle. "What in the 9 Balls of Hell is going on?" looking around at the others he appears very worried, "This planet does not like The Spark, we better hurry this along."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:16 pm

The Spark cannot do anything but roll around and scream in pain and anger. Then he stops. "Oh, I will never again travel to another planet. Bloody wretched place." He tries to shoot his energy and cut down a tree in frustration.

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:06 pm

The sobering Boozehound seems actually concerned.

"hey spark man you ok? Charade, can you tell anything about what is happening to him? We do value your skills as much as rear in that costume."

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:20 am

Again, the Spark's powers have no effect. Quizno stares at the drunken lightning man, the drunken drunk, and the insulted Enchantress; blinks then turns back to BB.

"I will take you to our revered and wise leader, No Scratch Slim. Perhaps you can help each other," says Quizno.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:36 am

"Ahhh, yeah, maybe you should. Lets make it quick, I don't like what's happening to The Spark." With cue in hand he points at Boozehound, "Boozehound, grab The Spark, and lets move. Charade, can you help at all?"

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:42 am

Charade hears BB's question but also hears something else:
"Theresa," says a man's voice. "Your friends are in danger."

"Not these friends that are with you now. The ones on Earth," says a woman's voice.

"Not that these aren't in danger. Alien planet and all," says the man.

"You're off-topic dear. We're talking about Mr. Magic," says the woman.