To Infinity And Beyond!

Commerce City, glorious American beacon of business and model metropolis for the world, is under the constant threat of supervillains. The police are either too helpless, incompetent, or smart to oppose the dastardly madmen (and madwomen) that would unleash havoc on the lives of the millions of commuters that call the city their home. Are there any heroes that will heed the call and defend Commerce City for free.

This game is run on the Risus system.GM: Deadman
Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Re: To Infinity And Beyond!

Post by Deadman » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:59 pm

Bravehound 5 + 6 + 5 + 3 = 19
Spark 3 + 4 + 6 + 1 = 14
Billiards Boy 6 + 4 + 2 = 12
The Spark points and sends a bolt of lightning right at Bravehound's chest. The stalwart teetotaler winces, but continues to press forward against the current. Billiards Dude acts quickly as soon as the hands come off, and lassos Spark with his triangle. Bravehound completes the step and chops Spark with a swift blow.

THUNK

The blow frees him from the hypnosis spell. Spark comes to his senses bound, and surrounded by a crowd of angry allies.
"That's the work of Mr. Bright Eyes" explains the voice of Charade's dad. "Nasty demon my old apprentice Mr. Magic summoned to his service. Hypnotic eyes, potent stuff."

"I warned you not to train Mr. Magic. He was always so prideful and headstrong," sighs Mrs. Mightendwell's ghost.

"It was the 1800s. We needed people like him to conquer the west. All those Shaman Shamblers and Kachina Doll Golems had to be dispelled. I thought he'd grow wise with time," replies dad.

"Instead he's consumed by pride in Commerce City. Summoning demons, plotting who knows what, and about to surprise Charade's friends," scolds mom.

"Well, he's no Morgan le Fay," counters dad pointedly.

"Don't you take that tone with me. That wasn't my fault," says mom.

"Just contrasting our two pupils. Mr. Magic, minor supervillainy. Morgan le Fay? Destroyed Arthurian England!"

"And Merlin chewed me out about that, so I don't need to hear it again," snaps Charade's mom.

Great. They're bickering in her head, and there's no psychic bedroom door to close.

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:58 pm

The Spark points to a tree nearby and tries to send of a bolt just to show those guys who the boss is.
Then he smirks: "Thanks, I guess I am allright again. Dunno what happened."

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:12 am

Bravehound streightens his shoulders and winks at charade, "are you ok my musically inclined friend? Those kind of jokes are frankly quite juvenile. "

Amaris
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Amaris » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:55 am

...transport where? Maybe that sandwich company mascot could tell us, he's not very helpful... What is wrong with The Spark now? Maybe once these guys subdue him - if they can - we should tie him up. Protect him and ourselves.... Mr Magic? Morgan Merlin Nimue Caves Love Spell Hypnotize... watch out the guys are getting rough there! ... quite the bolt of lightning there! Mr Magic? Golems Bright eye chewing my head off....
STOP! . .. ... .... ..... ...... I need to break the spell! I could use an asprin as well!
Charade looks pretty useless once healing spell commences, she is pale and reflective-looking. She barely notices The Sparks bizarre change and only looks up at him curiously when he roars "KILL! FRIENDS!" As the rest of the superheroes strive to control his murderous tendencies she retreats lost in thought. As the Spark returns to his "normal" state her distraction ceases and she walks purposefully to him with a confident smile....

Grabbing a stick from the ground she points it at him theatrically and then bends the stick over her knee atempting to break it.
Break/Remove Spell/Curse
Abjuration
Level: Brd 3, Clr 3, Pal 3, Sor/Wiz 2
Components: S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: 10 ft
Target: Creature or item
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless)
Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless)
Remove curse/Break Spell instantaneously removes all curses or spells on an object or a creature. Remove curse does not remove the curse or spell from a cursed shield, weapon, or suit of armor, although the spell typically enables the creature afflicted with any such cursed item to remove and get rid of it.
Remove curse or break spell counters and dispels bestow curse/cast spell.
She winks back at Bravehound, hoping to get a chance to talk again and see if anyone has any pain reliever.
7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:59 am

Billard's triangle tangled around Spark does the trick with the thwak from Bravehound. Once The Spark is back to normal he takes up his triangle, "Alright what in Nine Ball is going on here? Charade you look like you've seen a ghost, and Spark tell me everything is alright without using your powers to incenerate a tree!" Billiards Dude glances at Bravehound, "Do you understand what is happening? I knew splitting was a bad idea."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:12 pm

Bravehound smiles, the shine from his teeth giving a slight sheen as he grins with stalwart posture. "Isn't it obvious? the experiment has had its effects on us. I have seen the error in my ways, and the spark has become unstable." he pats charade on the shoulder, Billiards boy's experience can tell that the touch is the perfect cross of taste and class, with a slight touch of caring and sensuality.

"perhaps our lovely enchantress can fix our confused musical genius??"

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:23 am

The spell doesn't seem to have an effect on Boozehound.
Dad: "Won't do any good. It's a science based curse, not a spell. Maybe the correct spell could fix it, but it could also makes things a lot worse. Like Arthurian England.

Mom: ....

Dad: Oh no, he's attacked them!

Mom: His magic level is really high! He's a five at least. Lovely detailing on his collector card. But I'm afraid it's a simple matter for him to turn them to toads or something equally unpleasant.

Dad: You better get over there. We can help guide you, but the spell needs to be cast by you.

Mom: All you've got to do is cast "Teleport Alongside" on Spark. You know, the simple charm to blink next to a person. But thanks to Spark's condition this will allow interplanetary travel.

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:59 pm

"I'n NOT unstable. At least not MORE unstable than before... I'm fit as a fiddle. Just a bit ummm strange. ... but definitely feeling better." The Spark smiles at the others trying to convince them that nothing is wrong. "Now let's get on with this and ummm save the planet?"

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:44 pm

Bravehound smiles majestically "now your talking like a hero my audio enhanced companion"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:38 pm

Billiards calls out, "Come on people. Get it together. We need to get to the Greentable HQ." He glances at Charade, "Are you alright, you seem distracted. Is there something you need to do or say? Cause if not I'd like to get moving, we didn't come all the way across the galaxy for no reason."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring