Heroes at Home

Commerce City, glorious American beacon of business and model metropolis for the world, is under the constant threat of supervillains. The police are either too helpless, incompetent, or smart to oppose the dastardly madmen (and madwomen) that would unleash havoc on the lives of the millions of commuters that call the city their home. Are there any heroes that will heed the call and defend Commerce City for free.

This game is run on the Risus system.GM: Deadman
Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Heroes at Home

Post by Deadman » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:35 pm

The strange force acting on Boozehound and Spark vanishes at the other set of heroes launch far far from Earth. As soon as Billiards Boy struck the ground the entire group shot up into the sky, leaving a brief glowing trail of light.

Back in the Quantum Prism room, Space JFK, Doctors Innocent and Progress, the two reporters, and a now very odd fraction of Hotstuff confer on their next course of action.

"That's Dr. Roboto," Dr. Innocent wearily corrects The Butcher, yet again.
Last edited by Deadman on Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Heroes at Home

Post by sempai » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:46 pm

"heh secret secret... he's got a secret" Boozehound begins trying to dance robot style but it looks more like the drunken monkey.

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:08 am

"So this crazy robot scientist is to blame for these attacks," says Lana. "Why would he rob a museum? Is it to show that ancient golden staffs cannot be guarded by incompetent superheroes? Yes, that must be it."

She scribbles down STAFF STOLEN TO SEND MESSAGE: "GET BETTER HEROES COMMERCE CITY."

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:52 am

"Yes, Dr. Innocent. What message DOES this staff-snagging sociopath have to send the city? Could it be that he is compensating for a lack of staves in his personal life? Is his Rod less than Serling?"

The Butcher has lured many a civic personality into a glaring admission of fault - the time he managed to coax a confession from John "Johnny Corruption" Corruption to jaywalking, for instance. Can his civilian life aid him in this endeavor, or will he need to give this ne'er-do-well the Meaty Eyeball again?
Radio Host cliche!

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:44 am

Unknowingly helping the butcher... boozehound continues his annoying song "domo arigato mr robotooo domo... domo... secret secret he has a secret" his dance continues as he grabs kaisers front paws and dances around.
low life cliche! Stacking onto radio host!

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:29 pm

Radio Announcer Cliche plus one lowlife die.

1 + 2 + 3 + 5 + 5 = 16 That'll do nicely.
Dr. Innocent grits his teeth. "Less than Serling?"

He grabs The Butcher's collar. "Listen you. Dr. Roboto has gotten many compliments from women. He is a successful supervillain who has on numerous occasions shown fools all. The Staff of Anubis will give him the power to crush you, and your pathetic city if he chooses. And there is nothing you, or anyone can do to stop him. MUAHAHAHAHAHA!"

"Surely you can stop him," says Space JFK. "You are the foremost expert on Dr. Roboto."

"Um. Yes. I can stop him," says the flustered scientist, calming down. "But it would be very hard since he such a great and powerful supervillain who brings mayhem to an artform. Why, even understanding his plan might be beyond all of you. Especially me, because I am not him."

"Dr. Innocent is right," agrees Dr. Progress. "We have to understand Dr. Roboto's plan. He's clearly using the Staff of Anubis for some nefarious end. If we can find out what the staff can do we'll unlock his goal. I don't know anything about magic though...but I know someone who does! My father's old partner, Mr. Magic."

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:41 pm

"You can stop him though his plan is beyond you? A fascinating conundrum, Dr. Roboto."

The Butcher, eager to avoid getting his shirt torn or stretched, gently removes the hands of his accoster from his person, dusting himself off.

"But Dr. Progress has a point; Mr. Magic's expertise will allow us to easily pinpoint the precise position of this mealy-mouthed mechanist."

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:23 pm

The reporters are writing down the details in a frenzy. This much wild speculation is godsend to someone looking to fill pages.

"Isn't it true that your father and Mr. Magic had an acrimonious split? Would he really be willing to help Progress Labs once again?" asks Miles Mannered.

"Of course," says Dr. Progress, perhaps dimly understanding human nature. "Grudges mean nothing in the face of stopping threats to the public of Commerce City."

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:43 pm

The Spark is hastily composing the chorus of his new song, a song of ridicule about dr. Roboto

"Dr. Roboto thinks he's so great.
But he's only being belligerent.
But he gets lost and he's always late
And then says he is innocent."

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:48 pm

"I am innocent!" protests Dr. Innocent in response to the song.

"Right, that's your name," says Dr. Progress. The doctor turns to the heroes. " I can set up a meeting between you and Mr. Magic. Well, not so much. He won't return my calls. But I can tell you where he is! And then you can go talk to him. I'm sure he'll be hospitable."