Heroes at Home

Commerce City, glorious American beacon of business and model metropolis for the world, is under the constant threat of supervillains. The police are either too helpless, incompetent, or smart to oppose the dastardly madmen (and madwomen) that would unleash havoc on the lives of the millions of commuters that call the city their home. Are there any heroes that will heed the call and defend Commerce City for free.

This game is run on the Risus system.GM: Deadman
sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Heroes at Home

Post by sempai » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:47 pm

Kaiser Tail wagging darts ahead slightly sniffing the air and around the building.
sniff sniff kaiser examines Lassie owner cliche.

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:05 pm

The Butcher chuckles; Mr. Magic must be quite paranoid if this kind of illusory protection seems necessary! Undaunted, he proceeds to the door and makes to knock.

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:07 pm

The Spark follows, but he is wearing a frown as his powers seem to be lost or are behaving in an erratic way. He stands behind the Butcher and is mumbling curses under his breath.

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:05 pm

The Butcher grabs the gargoyle knocker and slams it hard twice against the door. "_______" "________" it goes in loud silence.

"Silent knocker. Symbolic you see? Meant to tell visitors they aren't wanted," says the door. The Butcher releases the gargoyle instinctively and peers at it.

"Oh sure, look at the gargoyle. That's not cliche at all, having a talking face on the door. I'm the doorknob." The plain brass doorknob wiggles slightly on its own. "And don't expect to find a face on me, bloody foolish nonsense. I don't have one of those keyhole mouths either."

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:27 pm

Boozehound steps back slapping his forehead... he then looks at the last flask he was drinking out of and sniffs at it. He smiles and takes another deep drink.

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:13 am

"We'd assumed we weren't wanted from the facades of illusion," says the Butcher, looking to the doorknob. "But we have need of aid from Mr. Magic, and the fate of the city - possibly even the world - depends on acquiring it. You see our dilemma."

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:54 am

Kaiser sniffs the air. Something smells familiar but he can't tell what exactly.
"Look, I'm a doorknob. Think I personally care if the world is destroyed or not? We don't have a survival instinct. I'm under orders not to let anyone in. Feel free to use the silent knocker as much as you like, or ring the doorbell - it also doesn't work. "

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:36 pm

The Spark ignores the doorknob and pushes at the door.

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:28 pm

Spark pushes at the door with his crackling uncontrollably electric hands. The wood starts to burn and buckle at his touch. He'll be through in moments this way.

"Hey! Intruder! Intruder! HIDEOUS LAUGHTER!" screams the doorknob glowing with a brief pink aura as it casts a defensive spell at the Spark. "CHILL TOUCH! CAUSE FEAR! BIGBY'S SWIFT KICK IN THE NADS!" Nothing seems to happen.

"That's impossible! How can you have 100% spell immunity?!" protests the knob.

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:18 pm

"Yeah" the SPark says, enjoying this more and more. He stands in a heroic pose, arms on his hips and says "Yeah, you know, I am immune to all you can come up with. Now open up, or..." He points his index finger at the knob.