Heroes at Home

Commerce City, glorious American beacon of business and model metropolis for the world, is under the constant threat of supervillains. The police are either too helpless, incompetent, or smart to oppose the dastardly madmen (and madwomen) that would unleash havoc on the lives of the millions of commuters that call the city their home. Are there any heroes that will heed the call and defend Commerce City for free.

This game is run on the Risus system.GM: Deadman
JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Re: Heroes at Home

Post by JohnnyWeird » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:51 pm

The Butcher quirks an eyebrow. Whatever is happening to the Spark's powers, he is clearly getting tougher than he was. Hopefully this will prove as much a boon as he seems to believe it; for himself, the Butcher wouldn't fry the door of a powerful wizard without at least trying the doorbell...

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:09 pm

Drunken Boozehound is inspired by the sparks bravery

"ya open the door, or I'll have my dog mark you as his territory"

He nods to kaiser, and the dog lifts his leg near the door.

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:08 am

"Jeez! You guys really twist my knob. There's no right to privacy these days," says the doorknob. Speaking of no right to privacy, where are the reporters? They've been missing ever since the cornfield.

"All right, stop messing the lacquer. I'll let you in. The Boss won't like this, but if you're getting in anyway he'd probably prefer to keep his door both standing and dry. Don't say I didn't warn you. Wait, I didn't warn you!" The doorknob coughs, which is an impressive feat to see in a doorknob. "I warn you, he's not going to be happy."

The door creaks open in an ominous fashion. An unlit foyer can be seen inside.

As the Spark walks inside his hand crackles and a bolt of energy sets Mr. Magic's doormat on fire.

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:05 pm

The Butcher stamps out the fire, then moves to enter.

"Mr. Magic? Hello?"

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:17 pm

The Spark has grown in self-confidence. He stands there in a mock heroic pose and calls out: "Mr. Magic, show yourself, or..." He really tries to emphasize the "...".

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:02 pm

Boozehound attempts bravery inspired by the spark. ... "Ya! if you dont i'll totally take a crap on your lawn"
low life trait!
Last edited by sempai on Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:39 am

The heroes enter a foyer grand not in size but in interior design. A rich red rug with runes of golden thread covers most of the oak floor. Two stairways on either side lead to the second floor, a hallway between them goes further in the house. A grandfather clock loudly TICK TOCKS by next to the door. Light streams in from windows above the door at the second story level. The hallway is dark, not much more than a few ornamental suits of armor can be seen.

The threats of Boozehound and Spark echo eerily back from the depths of house. Although Boozehound's is more of a genuine need to use a bathroom than threat. Hopefully Mr. Magic has facilities they can use or his rug might receive an unwanted present!

Kaiser sniffs. That smell! What is that familiar yet bizarre smell! Like a man, but with inhuman traits.

"He's not home," says Dr. Innocent nervously, reminding everyone of his presence. "We should go."

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:32 pm

"Perhaps he is in trouble. Let's look for him..." The Spark starts walking around and looks curiously at everything...

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:09 pm

Kaiser follows the familure smell, seeing where it leads him.
doggy nose, examine area, search for where the scent leads, and search for other scents

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:28 am

The heroes venture down the hall, passing by the creepy suits of armor and several equally creepy paintings. kaiser seems intent on a smell at the end.

"We should leave. Now," warns Dr. Innocent but the supers silence him again.

"You should have listened to the doctor, not-so-Hotstuff," says a sly voice that elicits an instant growl from Kaiser. A man steps out from the shadows at the end of the hallway. A tall handsome man with white hair and a pair of shades.

It's the villain that robbed the Megalopolis Museum along with Doodle! "That's right. It's your friend Mr. Bright Eyes."

He takes off his shades, revealing brilliant red orbs of scintillating hypnotic light!
DC is 15.

The Butcher
1 + 5 + 4 + 1 = 11 Failure!

Boozehound
3 + 5 + 3 + 6 = 17 Success!

The Spark
1 + 2 + 4 + 4 = 11 Failure, but it's complicated.
The red light creeps into the minds of the heroes, filling their heads with dark violent thoughts. Boozehound giggles as the violent impulse hits an immense barrier of alcoholic apathy. The Spark feels it taking over...but then the impulse vanishes. 'Hah, nice try' is what they're about to say to that failed hypnosis attack that didn't affect either of...Spark, Boozehound, and Kaiser turn around.

Blood drips from the Butcher's eyes. He's not wounded, his power is merely manifesting a continuous trickle of blood. But through the blood - his eyes are madness! The soft-spoken and eloquent hero pulls out one of his more terrifying cleavers and lurches forward to attack his companions!
You've got your standard hero gets mind controlled situation fights allies situation. Boozehound, Spark, remember your goal is to free your ally rather than kill him. Butcher, your mind control leaves you no such qualms but remember Risus prevents instant-kills so don't be afraid to attack with deadly force - even if you succeed it won't be fatal.
Unto the sands I spilled their blood. To build them anew. By Osiris' will, I strike, strike those slated to die! Eternal life shall be theirs in death!