Heroes at Home

Commerce City, glorious American beacon of business and model metropolis for the world, is under the constant threat of supervillains. The police are either too helpless, incompetent, or smart to oppose the dastardly madmen (and madwomen) that would unleash havoc on the lives of the millions of commuters that call the city their home. Are there any heroes that will heed the call and defend Commerce City for free.

This game is run on the Risus system.GM: Deadman
Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Re: Heroes at Home

Post by Grimbold » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:56 pm

"Hey, don't you try that with me, man! Now, we are here to ask you a question. Ummmm..."
The Spark looks around for help and whispers "Now what was the question again? Does anyone know what we wanted to ask him?"

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:18 pm

"I think you've come to interfere in my plans, a distraction I cannot allow now. I apologize for what must happen now heroes, normally I have admiration for what you do. I once planned to be a superhero myself. This is nothing personal," Mr. Magic says ominously.

He waves his waves and purple runes briefly float in the air. The decorative suits of armor are surrounded by an aura of red light and step off their pedestals! CLANK CLANK CLANKING as they approach the heroes, axes, swords and halberds in their hollow metal gauntlets.

Not good.
Six suits of armor are attacking! Quick! Do something! You guys get the first move, but beware, the enemy gang functions as a single 6d6 entity. You might want to combine attacks in clever ways to improve your 4d6s to 5d6s.

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:54 pm

Kaiser, stands majestically next to the butcher standing in perfect show dog stance.

he then begins to growl
Perhapse you can encourage me to attack even more viciously? some delicious meats, cooked by the spark thrown on the armor,will bring out my inner feral beast!
"uh...the dog wants you to use your meat on them..." boozehound cracks, falls to the ground "hahahaha use your MEAT on them!! thats funny!"

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:34 am

The Butcher's consternation is impossible to recognize through the mask. he always considers murder attempts to be personal. But the dog's idea inspires him!

"An excellent idea, Kaiser! You and the Spark should hit them when they're down!"

Glaring at the floor before the suits of armor, the Butcher hampers their feet with a delicious (and slippery!) pate de foie gras!
Meat Hero to make them fall into a pile for easy zapping/savaging!

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:01 am

The scent attracting kaiser, sends him into a fury. He paces back and forth growling.
wait on the spark, then attack crazed hound fury! this like chumming a shark?

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:36 pm

The Spark points his fingers at the meat and prepares to shoot an electric bolt on it to cook it and make it smell really delicious.

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:33 pm

The three heroes join forces to wreak havoc on the suits of armor. An enraged Kaiser dismembers the suits, and while Spark's lightning powers still seem awry he also succumbs to the meat-frenzy and bashes apart several suits with an allen wrench while chewing a hamburger.

The last of the animated suits clatters to the floor.

"Well done!", says Mr. Magic. "You will go down in history as glorious warriors. But I'm afraid that magic and fair fights do not go hand in hand. MASS HOLD PERSON!"

The members of Hotstuff are paralyzed, standing still as statues! "Hmm, I wish I could leave you alive...but I'm afraid that spell is only one round per level. Maybe I'll just turn you to stone..." The Spark realizes that he's not bound by the spell. He can move! Mr. Magic doesn't seem aware of this.

"I say you just blast em," says Mr. Bright Eyes. "We have a tight schedule to keep if we're going to have time to break out Doodle."

"Very well..." says Mr. Magic, aiming his potent finger. The Spark gets ready to make a surprise move...depowered and outnumbered two to one by powerful foes...

POP! Charade appears next to the Spark. She quickly takes in the situation as it appears...

A broad hall near the front door of a house.
3 paralyzed superheroes, one paralyzed hero dog.
An evil sorceror, and a glowing red eyed minion.
Looks like someone just scattered a few suits of armor everywhere. Metal wear and weapons lay all over the floor.

"Charade!" curses Mr. Magic in surprise.

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:31 am

The Spark edges toward the wall while Mr Magic is talking. He tiptoes around until he is (if possible) behind the Wizard. Then he loads up his wrench with electrical energy and hits Mr Magic over the head. If he cannot get behind him or if he is discovered, he just charges the wizard and does the same. Everyone knows wizards are crap at melee, right?

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:46 pm

The Spark begins to sneak towards the wall, very slowly as the wizard is still looking directly at him.
Waiting for Charade's action before rolling. If she distracts him you would have a better chance at assaulting him. Or she could cast a spell. Since Spark is the only one capable of speaking he's the only hero that can say a guess.

Butcher and Boozehound can still act. They're merely paralyzed. Some abilities, like subvocalized woofs or meat vision may still work.

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:16 am

"You leave me no choice!" declares the Butcher, as much as he can through paralyzed lips. His dander up, he unleashes the most powerful weapon in his meat-visual arsenal.

After all, what man, wizard or commoner, can resist the unnatural allure of PEKING DUCK?!?!
I can has peking duck?