Heroes at Home

Commerce City, glorious American beacon of business and model metropolis for the world, is under the constant threat of supervillains. The police are either too helpless, incompetent, or smart to oppose the dastardly madmen (and madwomen) that would unleash havoc on the lives of the millions of commuters that call the city their home. Are there any heroes that will heed the call and defend Commerce City for free.

This game is run on the Risus system.GM: Deadman
sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Heroes at Home

Post by sempai » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:32 am

Kaiser salivates at the duck, it fills his nostrils with delight.

Boozehound having keen knowledge of holding animals down and giving them their shots, understands what it is to hold and be held. He wiggles gently trying to release the hold.
amateur vet, using restraining knowledge to potentially remove myself from the hold.

Amaris
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Amaris » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:48 pm

I've caught up on reading this thread, I will edit and post tomorrow. I really enjoyed the use of the word patina and the Peking Duck has great comedic potential!
"So it's you again Mr Magic", Charade seethes taking in the scene. "I despise you with every electron surrounding every nucleus that makes up every cell in my body" she spits out. Taking a deep breath she waves her hands dramatically once and looks to the Butcher with an evil smile that seems to imply he might understand her motives.
She is emanating a powerful presence, her hate magnifying her moderate powers. She points at the Blue Sorcerer her finger long and sharp. She then slashes her finger at him along the lines of his robe and hat. Imaginary buttons pop off and clatter to the floor.
Perhaps she isn't thinking too clearly about how to best help her friends...
Disrobe
Level: Brd 1, Clr 1, Sor/Wiz 1
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: 50 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels
Target: One living creature
Duration: 1d4 rounds or 1 round; see text
Saving Throw: Will partial
Spell Resistance: Yes
The affected creature becomes disrobed. If the subject succeeds on a Will save, it is embarrassed and shaken for 1 round.
7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea.

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:20 pm

The Spark nods and has understood. From his hidden position, he whispers to himself: "Go ahead, gal, take his robes off, but tell him: you can leave your hat on." He starts silently humming the song, making his way to the back of the mage.

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:03 pm

Mr. Magic screams in anger as his clothes begin to remove themselves, on their own accord!

"No! My precious dignity! No matter, it should be a simple matter to negate your sp...."

Suddenly a delicious crispy peking duck appears on the evil wizard's head! The Spark lunges and smashes his wrench down on the bird, sending tendril morsels and hot gooey sauce all over Mr. Magic.

The wizard's pants drop revealing his heart pattern boxers (which are what all people have on when their pants drop at embarassing moments).

"I'm getting out of here! TELEPORT!"

Mr. Magic and Bright Eyes vanish.

The paralysis affecting the Butcher and Boozehound is gone, and they gather around Charade, eager to learn how the heck she got there.
"Well done!" says mom.

"Theresa. You must combine the Spark back into one. The quantum stress of having swapped powers may kill him otherwise"

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:25 am

"Charade, are you all right? Where are the others?"

The Butcher's voice conveys strong relief, but tinged with concern for his comrades.

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:34 pm

The Spark just stands there and gets into a heroic pose, brandishing his wrench.

Amaris
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Amaris » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:23 pm

"Not too bad Butcher, and you?" Charade replies, rather befuddled by all of the activity. "I have traveled far... anyone have a Extra Strength Adlenol?" "We've, err I , have to come up with a way to reunite The Spark's two halves - anyone got any ideas? Glue? A mixer? Maybe a metal concert in between here and the furthest Galaxy?" "Spark, can you contact yourself to join you here? I could put together a binding spell if you both were together..."
7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea.

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:16 am

"Well, all we' really need to DO is get them together, right?"

The Butcher's voice projects confidence, if not competence.

"The two halves tried to fuse the instant they were split; can't imagine that's died down any..."

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:09 pm

The voices of Charade's parents whisper in her head, "The two Sparks are together. Duplicates are always in the same place, even when they're in different locations. Try your spell."

Amaris
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Amaris » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:08 am

Charade shrugs pointing up to the heavens then to the ground and then back again raising her eyebrows comically.
Teleport
Conjuration (Teleportation)
Level: Sor/Wiz 4, Travel 5
Components: V
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Vast
Target: You and objects or other willing creatures
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: None and Will negates (object)
Spell Resistance: No and Yes (object)
This spell instantly transports you to a designated destination, which may be as distant as 100 gigamiles per caster level. Interplanar travel is possible. You can bring along objects as long as their weight doesn't exceed your maximum load. You may also bring one additional willing Medium or smaller creature (carrying gear or objects up to its maximum load) or its equivalent (see below) per three caster levels. A Large creature counts as two Medium creatures, a Huge creature counts as two Large creatures, and so forth. All creatures to be transported must be in contact with one another, and at least one of those creatures must be in contact with you. As with all spells where the range is personal and the target is you, you need not make a saving throw, nor is spell resistance applicable to you. Only objects held or in use (attended) by another person receive saving throws and spell resistance.
You must have some clear idea of the location and layout of the destination. The clearer your mental image, the more likely the teleportation works. Areas of strong physical or magical energy may make teleportation more hazardous or even impossible.
To see how well the teleportation works, roll d% and consult the Teleport table. Refer to the following information for definitions of the terms on the table.
Familiarity: 'œVery familiar' is a place where you have been very often and where you feel at home. 'œStudied carefully' is a place you know well, either because you can currently see it, you've been there often, or you have used other means (such as scrying) to study the place for at least one hour. 'œSeen casually' is a place that you have seen more than once but with which you are not very familiar. 'œViewed once' is a place that you have seen once, possibly using magic.
'œFalse destination' is a place that does not truly exist or if you are teleporting to an otherwise familiar location that no longer exists as such or has been so completely altered as to no longer be familiar to you. When traveling to a false destination, roll 1d20+80 to obtain results on the table, rather than rolling d%, since there is no real destination for you to hope to arrive at or even be off target from.
On Target: You appear where you want to be.
Off Target: You appear safely a random distance away from the destination in a random direction. Distance off target is 1d10x1d10% of the distance that was to be traveled. The direction off target is determined randomly
Similar Area: You wind up in an area that's visually or thematically similar to the target area.
Generally, you appear in the closest similar place within range. If no such area exists within the spell's range, the spell simply fails instead.
Mishap: You and anyone else teleporting with you have gotten 'œscrambled.' You each take 1d10 points of damage, and you reroll on the chart to see where you wind up. For these rerolls, roll 1d20+80. Each time 'œMishap' comes up, the characters take more damage and must reroll.
Familiarity On Target Off Target Similar Area Mishap
Very familiar 01'€"97 98'€"99 100 '€"
Studied carefully 01'€"94 95'€"97 98'€"99 100
Seen casually 01'€"88 89'€"94 95'€"98 99'€"100
Viewed once 01'€"76 77'€"88 89'€"96 97'€"100
False destination (1d20+80) '€" '€" 81'€"92 93'€"100