Space For Everyone

Commerce City, glorious American beacon of business and model metropolis for the world, is under the constant threat of supervillains. The police are either too helpless, incompetent, or smart to oppose the dastardly madmen (and madwomen) that would unleash havoc on the lives of the millions of commuters that call the city their home. Are there any heroes that will heed the call and defend Commerce City for free.

This game is run on the Risus system.GM: Deadman
Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Space For Everyone

Post by Deadman » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:56 am

It had been several weeks since the last issue of Commerce City hit the shelves of the local comic book stores. Damn production delays thought Timmy, a loyal 10 year old reader. Each issue only had about 8 pages. For $3 dollars apiece you'd think they'd be able to turn them out at a steadier pace. Was the writer lazy? The artist lazy? Perhaps they were both lazy. Or maybe it was the ongoing war in Inkastan, which was severely depleting worldwide ink supplies and causing publishing delays.

At any rate Timmy didn't expect to see anything new at the store. But lo and behold, there it was! "MYSTERY MEN: HORROR ON HQ" Timmy grabbed it off the shelf eagerly began reading...

Charade's spell starts doing something, but I can't really describe it unless you can visualize things in 11 dimensions.

On Earth Mr. Magic's wooden home implodes in a concussive blast of wood.

On Hq....

Pop! Charade, The Butcher, The Spark, Boozehound, and Kaiser appear on planet Hq within a shower of wood fragments, in the center of the Green Table military camp. Tents and piles of supplies are close together, away from the edge of the surrounding jungle. Several dozen starcue wielding warriors turn to observe the newcomers in amazement.

Suddenly another Spark is yanked out of a nearby tent! The Spark that just arrived is dragged towards that one by the invisible quantum force that wants to reunite them. VHSSHMWOOOMP. There's a bright flash and only one Spark remains. He clutches his head and briefly stumbles as he remembers what happened both on Hq and on Earth.

Billiards Boy and an oddly attractive well dressed version of Boozehound come out of the tent. The same magnetic pull doesn't happen with the two Boozehounds. Perhaps one of them is too different to recombine at the moment?
Bravehound and Boozehound won't recombine until the spell on Bravehound wears off. You can control both of them.
A tiny old blue man who seems to be in charge storms out of the tent.

"More friends of yours?" asks the man.

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Re: Space For Everyone

Post by JohnnyWeird » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:19 am

"Woah, wait, what?"

The Butcher is, perhaps for the first time in his life, speechless.

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:09 am

"Perhaps I should recap," says Quizno (a stalwart Green Table).

"Alright, but make sure you use one of those nice boxes!" shouts the little blue man (who is No Scratch Slim, leader of the Green Tables).
Quizno wrote: The Green Tables are a intergalactic fighting-for-justice organization. With our starcues we can channel the power of the Green Table (a cosmic-energy charged asteroid carved into a pool table). There are thousands of us around the universe, but only a few dozen here on our jungle planet headquarters of Hq at any given time.

Your friend, Billiards Boy, came to charge his starcue. His timing couldn't be worse. The evil Forehead aliens, a warlike race that has conquered much of the galaxy, did what they do best and conquered Hq. They have seized the Green Table and want to unlock its powers for themselves. Our small garrison was unable to repel them...

"Which is why we're living in tents and shittin' in holes!" screams No Scratch Slim. "Um, I mean..."

No Scratch Slim wrote: Heroes from another world. Please join our cause, and help us retake the Pool Hall and the Green Table within it. It is on an island in the middle of Whiskey Lake, a few miles thataway. Also, just putting it out there, it is the only way for Billiards Boy to recharge his starcue and return you home.

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:21 am

"Uh, sure." The Butcher, having never addressed aliens, is out of his element, but as an opponent of Conquest generally, he is eager to help.

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:40 pm

The Spark is one again and thumps his head with his fist a few times to make all the memories fall in place. Then he looks around and listens to the Geen Tables. "I am One with the minds of Two, so fear not, I will help you!"

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:27 pm

"Fantastic!" says No Scratch Slim, happy for the free labor.
Now that the Spark is reunited his powers are working normally again. Of course, this also means that he can't be used to teleport to and from Earth anymore. You'll need to get BB's starcue charged so he can fly you back.

Boozehound is still split because Charade's spell leaves his counterparts too dissimilar to merge. Once the magic wears off they'll be rejoined. What this means now is that Sempai is controlling three people as one character now: slobbish Boozehound, heroic Bravehound, and a very confused Kaiser who doesn't know how the neat and not-stinking version of his sidekick came to be. FYI, Charade had a critical success with a bless spell and turned Boozehound into something close to a paladin.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:27 pm

Billiards emerges from the tent, "They are back! These are the others of HOTSTUFF that I was telling you about Quizno. Billiards then introduces all of the people to one another, "We all know Charade, and The Spark, who was split in two, but now appears to be one." He pats The Spark on the shoulder walking around the group giving a wink to Charade. That is Boozehound, the anti-Bravehound, and that his trusty sidekick Killer Kiser. "Now i'm not sure how this works, but Kiser, Boozhound, this is Bravehound, your counterpart here, thanks to Charade's powers, he's Clean and Sober." He points at the The Butcher, "And The Butcher, best beed in town, and I hear he makes a mean Pekin Duck."

Billiards plants his starcue in the dirt at his feet leaning iconicly on it. "HOTSTUFF, this here is HQ, and the Green Tables, my people. That's Quizno, and that's No Scratch Slim, the men in charge. We have to save their HQ and charge my staff with mystical space energy before we can even think of going home. But I am curious how did things on your end go?"
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Amaris
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Amaris » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:06 am

"We've got a big problem back on earth as well," Charade pipes in ",any chance we could get hurt doing this?" "That Creature we met earlier nearly erased my entire existance.."
7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea.

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:47 pm

The Spark still tries to get his different memories settled: "On a distant planet we had to walk over an illusionary chasm and tell an exciting story to satisfy its appetite for plot. And then Dr. Innocent and Mr. Magic turned out to be bad guys. They froze everyone but me and then Charade came and saved us all, and then we came here, back to earth." He looks confused.

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:01 pm

The tiny blue leader of the Green Tables shrugs in response to Charade's question about potential injury. "I mean, I guess. Maybe. Probably not. The Foreheads are merely a violent race that prizes war and bloodshed as the ultimate achievement, and practices endlessly with their crescent moon shaped Bat'thduck blades that that sharpen each day. So maybe, but it's unlikely that anyone will die unless they win."
FYI, the monster Charade and Spark reference is a Retcon, a monster native to planet Hq that consumes people's plot, erasing them from having ever existed. That is why Blue Boomerang no longer exists, and isn't even remembered by the heroes.

Our heroes were able to defeat the Retcon by making up a story while they fought it - its attacks consumed the story and left our heroes unscathed.