FFRPG: Setting Brainstorm

The world building forum for the Final Fantasy RPG game.
Illeveun
Level 12
Level 12

Re: FFRPG: Setting Brainstorm

Post by Illeveun » Fri May 30, 2008 3:41 am

so, as of now we have nine worlds, how about we round that out with the dead and unexplored to a number of around 13 or 14? Maybe 15?

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Fri May 30, 2008 3:58 am

15 is a good number. Gives us enough room to sound big and leave things undefined around the edges.

As to snatchers: I think they come from outside a world, somewhere among the Gears. They're taking all kinds of things - magic items, wealth, resources, etc. - and building a world of their own, a mockery of the others. They can't do it alone, or maybe they just don't want to, so they're summoning all kinds of beings to do their dirty work. The PCs could even start by investigating a rash of children's disappearances in their village, leading to a conflict with local Qu, who blame their own 'snatchings' on the humans.

Thoughts?

Illeveun
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Illeveun » Fri May 30, 2008 4:11 am

I was thinking of how they should not belong in the natural order of things, and your idea of among the gears works well, in the fact that they don't come from any world.
The village children, and Qu, disappearence idea would actually be a good plot line, and might actually work to show how the different species may not be so different, depending on the outcome of the adventure.

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Fri May 30, 2008 4:16 am

It's true. Certainly that they have more in common with each other than the snatchers. If we don't have non-humans, we may want to start the whole matter there.

Illeveun
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Illeveun » Fri May 30, 2008 4:18 am

yes, but even if we do have non-humans, we can start it there. There would be various reasons for other species to be on the homeworld, and to be in some village or town somewhere, especially if the homeworld is a sort of trading hub.

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Fri May 30, 2008 4:33 am

Makes sense. At this juncture the homeworld is probably the central point for these worlds. Depending on how long the adventure lasts (or if there's time travel), whole new worlds can arrive and old ones depart.

Illeveun
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Illeveun » Fri May 30, 2008 6:37 am

Well, for time travel, that just opens a sticky can of worms, so I would rather not go there, unless there is a scenario or something that you want to run that involves time travel.

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Fri May 30, 2008 5:56 pm

Not at all; just wanted to keep our options open. Now, what else about the worlds/races needs sorting out?

Illeveun
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Illeveun » Fri May 30, 2008 8:29 pm

Not much else, I think. As of now, I'm going to write some more detailed write-ups of some of the worlds, and see what you think of them, and then come up with some models of how the races might interact with each other.

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Fri May 30, 2008 9:11 pm

Sounds good. I'll come up with a little more flavor too; we'll see what does and doesn't gel.