Prelude: A Good Man is Hard to Find

It is the year 3010 of the Third Age in Middle-earth. One after another, ancient horrors awake, called by their master, Sauron, the Lord of the Rings. This is a time when heroes are needed, to protect the Free People and keep the evil at bay. This is high fantasy in a setting where there is low obvious magic using the HARP system.

Run by the Ringwraith Grimbold
Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Re: Prelude: A Good Man is Hard to Find

Post by Grimbold » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:18 pm

Melvan attempts to still the bleeding, but does not succeed.
Healing roll 49+9-50-40=fail
Vardanil, no longer bleeding,...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:03 am

Vardanil is shaken but isn't bleeding now, so he isn't getting any paler. He glances at the dwarf stun the wolf and thanks the Valenar for that. He goes for his pack, hoping to get out his healing gear and kit grabbing up bandages and moves to help Melvan staunch the blood flow, his blade rests against the standing stone in the middle of the clearing.
Stop the blood flow of Melvan's if there is enough time to get healing kit stuff and do it.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:27 am

Vardanil feels better, but he is still a bit groggy. He stumbles to his back and fumbles around in it until he has found his bandages and salves.

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:31 am

The last wolf is standing there, a bit shakily, but he snarls at the dwarf and gets ready to dodge.
Vardanil 34/67, stunned 3, -45
Gorin 81/104
Melvan 11/70, stunned 4, bleeding 4, -40.
Wolf 1: -115, bleeding 4, -65, unconscious.
Wolf 2: -52, stunned 2, bleeding 2, -30
Gorin...

Nate
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Nate » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:48 pm

Gorin lifts the two handed hammer high into the air as he sizes up the wolf. "Aye, I've got ye now ye flea ridden varmint." He growls, as the hammers polished metal shines brightly in the reflection of the campfires light for a moment as it pauses over his head. Using all the strength the dwarf has, he brings the weapon back down towards the wolf...
I like powerstrike... so I'll do that one again, especially since I don't have to worry about a retributive strike.

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:44 pm

The sturdy dwarf brings his hammer down on the wolf, the animal ready to dodge the incoming blow.
Wolf dodge:
agility roll 92+16-50-30=28 result -40
Dodge bonus to DB 50-40=10 (would have been better to parry with OB70-30(wound penalty)/2=+20)
Gorin attack:
roll 68+64-20+20-70-10=54
(sorry. I need to use a different combat table - the one from the original book today as I don't have my stuff with me at the moment. But the tables are mostly equivalent.)
Damage: +25hits, stunned 2 and -10.
He hits the wolf, but the animal half dodges out of the way, so the strike does not hit the vile beast fully. It does some damage, though, and the wolf is barely standing now. Nevertheless, it growls at the dwarf, backing away a bit to lure him away from the camp, closer to the dark wall of forest and bush that looks like an open maw.
Gorin 33
Melvan 26
Vardanil 24
Wolves 20
Vardanil 34/67, stunned 3, -45
Gorin 81/104
Melvan 11/70, stunned 4, bleeding 4, -40.
Wolf 1: -115, bleeding 4, -65, unconscious.
Wolf 2: -77, stunned 4, bleeding 2, -40

Melvan, Vardanil, still a bit shaky...

Melvyst
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Melvyst » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:44 pm

Slightly trembling due to the pain Melvan tries again to stop his bleeding.
"Damn those wolfs, but this is not enough to kill me! ... pahhh... it's only a ... arghhh.. scratch" he talks to himself, trying to not lose his conscious.
healing (do I have any herbs with me??)

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:07 pm

Vardanil moves with his gear to Melvan, "Hold on boy, stop moving you are making the blood pump harder! Calm your heart." The Ranger beings at once to try and stop the flow of blood out of the other man using his bandages and skill with healing before resorting to his last dose of the rare herb.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:54 pm

Melvan tries to stop his bleeding. With sheer luck and willpower he is able to bind a piece of cloth on his wound and stops the bleeding.
Roll 99+95(reroll)+8-50-40=112, success.
The wound will open again when Melvan does any strenuous activity. It will take 8 hours of rest for it to heal completely.
Vardanil checks the wound and adjusts the bandage. For now, there is no need to use his herbs.

Gorin, the fierce dwarf, still in battle...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:55 pm

Vardanil holds his hand over the wound, "Dont' move boy, this wound will rip wide open if you try and move. Give me a few moments and I'll get my herbs ready for you." He glances up and sees the dwarf is still fighting and looks around for more foes praying there aren't any more wolves. I wish Strider was here now, he has healing hands far better than mine.