Prelude: A Hammer of Gold

It is the year 3010 of the Third Age in Middle-earth. One after another, ancient horrors awake, called by their master, Sauron, the Lord of the Rings. This is a time when heroes are needed, to protect the Free People and keep the evil at bay. This is high fantasy in a setting where there is low obvious magic using the HARP system.

Run by the Ringwraith Grimbold
Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Re: Prelude: A Hammer of Gold

Post by Grimbold » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:27 pm

Gorin is nearing the place where he heard the noise. It is a small clearing on the slopes of Pen Drebi.
Perception: rolled 58+26=84, good, but not enough for a full success.
He takes a peek but at first, he does not see anything special. Then he sees an arrow sticking in the ground in the middle of the clearing.

The call of a strange bird can be heard.

He is still about 30 feet from the edge of the undergrowth. What to do now?

Nate
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Nate » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:12 pm

Gorin eyes the arrow sticking in the ground. With no-one in sight his mind wanders as to why the arrow would be there. More than likely there's a bandit hiding here. Firing at unsuspecting travelers, and robbing their corpses of their possessions. He continues making his way to the clearing again, this time more slowly, and as quietly as he can. As he walks he keeps his eyes intent on the edge of the clearing, and the trees surrounding it. There's got to be someone around here... That durned fool human with his riddles will get his if he set me up...

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:20 pm

Gorin makes his way to the edge of the clearing, not yet entering the clear space. He is sitting in a bush of thorny raspberries, giving him adequate cover. He can see a human with a bow sitting on a tree on the opposite side of the clearing.
Sorry for the delay, I was offline for a few days. Also,no further posts from me until wednesday as I cant access a pc.

Nate
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Nate » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:48 pm

Gorin stays crouched in the bushes, eying the human in the trees. I wonder if this one's a bandit. he thinks to himself

If folks were headed up to Pen Drebi this would be a fairly common route...

The dwarf grasps his hammer tightly and waits to see what the human does.

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:18 pm

The human wants to climb down but suddenly spots Gorin! He stops his climb, gazes around and shouts: "Take care Master Dwarf, there is a huge wolf lurking around! He must be still near!!"
This thread has ended, please join Melvan on the "A good man is hard to find" thread. Feel free to roleplay.