Prelude: A Hidden Path

It is the year 3010 of the Third Age in Middle-earth. One after another, ancient horrors awake, called by their master, Sauron, the Lord of the Rings. This is a time when heroes are needed, to protect the Free People and keep the evil at bay. This is high fantasy in a setting where there is low obvious magic using the HARP system.

Run by the Ringwraith Grimbold
Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Re: Bree

Post by Grimbold » Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:51 am

The man looks down at the dwarf, and whispers something. He then moves forward to within a few sword length of the other two men. "<Sindarin> Melon, greetings friends. What news on the wind is there?" He stands stoic, and strong, a hand on his hilt, the other on his hip. This stance pushes his cloak out behind his elbows, and his various bandoleer items can be seen, and the brooch on his cloak is also shining in the moonlight.

Galen
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Galen » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:18 am

Sensing the time to act, Velethahl calmly steps out of the shadows and towards the cloaked men. He walks out with his hand on his blade, in clear view of both parties. He then begins to address the men.

"Good Evening. I have come far seeking the rangers of the north. One in particular, Vardanil, I have been told he would be in Bree currently. Do any of you have news of such a man?"

Velethahl waits cautiously but confidently for a response.

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:12 am

One of the men answers: <Sindarin> "Greetings, friend. Come here so that we can talk more privately." He glances around. "There might be unwanted ears listening in..." "I am Tarandír and this is Aranmoth. We are on an urgent errant and we will head west ere the sun rises. The Grey Pilgrim sends us. And what are you doing here?"

Then Velethahl steps out of the shadows.
Please join the Prancing Pony thread.