Book One: All That Is Gold Does Not Glitter

It is the year 3010 of the Third Age in Middle-earth. One after another, ancient horrors awake, called by their master, Sauron, the Lord of the Rings. This is a time when heroes are needed, to protect the Free People and keep the evil at bay. This is high fantasy in a setting where there is low obvious magic using the HARP system.

Run by the Ringwraith Grimbold
Galen
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Aegmoth & Beremund

Post by Galen » Tue May 18, 2010 7:46 am

Velethahl cracks a smile and seems less tense than usual.

"I was begining to think there were no allies left to us in this end of the world. I think I speak for my fellows when I say that we hoped for more information before preparing a course of action. Do your questions mean that you plan on joining us in this escapade?"

Nate
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Nate » Tue May 18, 2010 8:39 pm

"Now that we've got that settled, I'll be gettin' myself some more sleep then." Gorin comments gruffly before turning back to his bedroll.

The Dwarf lays there a minute or two before jerking upright and reaching over to his bag and mumbling something about fools who wake Dwarves. Knowing he won't be able to sleep with all the discussion surrounding their campsite the dwarf pulls out some dried meat from his bags, and turns to lean against a large stone waiting to either add something into the conversation, or for their new acquaintances to leave so he can get some more sleep.

Melvyst
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Melvyst » Wed May 19, 2010 11:33 am

"This is far greater than Brano's problems" Melvan mumbles as he thinks about what they are going to do. He never thought that he would find himself into such a fight, he is no trained warrior nor does he have a lot of experience. But he also realizes that there is no going back.

He continuous to listen to the others while he is slightly frightened about what will come.

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Thu May 20, 2010 1:56 pm

"I do not know any names of fallen rangers." the young ranger says. "Yes, we should probably get an idea of what the camp looks like, what opposition we face, and other factors before we do any other plans. We are accustomed to moving unseen and silently. What about you? Should we send out a few scouts or stay together for protection? Should we scout it by night, when there is not so much light, or during the day, when, hopefully, some of the half orcs might be sleeping. I should guess that even when they are half-man, they will not like the sun very much. What do you say?"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu May 20, 2010 7:38 pm

The Ranger rubs his eyes, "We are tired, we have traveled a long way with many fights, and the hobiit and the dwarf have short legs. We need to rest until morning, and then those of us with woodwise skillc an scout further. Some of us are not so... nimble in the trees." He glances at the dwarf.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Nate
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Nate » Mon May 24, 2010 7:29 pm

"Don't need t' be nimble when ye' can just knock th' trees out o' th' way." The dwarf replies. "As for me running I'd outlast ye any day." He adds not sure if he could or not, but too proud to say otherwise.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon May 24, 2010 11:09 pm

The hobbit shrugs. "Without my pony, I might be a bit slower than the rest of you Bigguns. But I'm used to crosscountry trips for trading my goods, so you needn't worry about me on that account."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Mon May 24, 2010 11:28 pm

The party rests and most sleep with one guard on duty at all times. In the morning, the companions need to decide who will try and look for the camp and scout it out and who will stay here, waiting for the scouts to come back.

It is clear that a small group of 2-3 will have more chances of finding something undetected and returning to report. Aegmoth and Beremund both are young rangers and while not experienced, they seem not too bad as scouts. They will scout or stay, whatever is decided.
I will deal with the scouting in one post (hopefully), so do not worry to split the group here. Will try to move you on after scouting.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue May 25, 2010 5:20 pm

In the morning Vardanil looks to the hobbit to cook up breakfast, the little folk are know for their prowess in the kitchen. He sharpens his blade with a whet stone, checks the string and fletchings on his bow and arrows respectively and packs up his dagger and shield. Cleaning his armor off he dons the chainmail and straps on his cloak. "I am ready. I say that Velethal, Aegmoth, and myself scout ahead. Gorin, Beremund and our excellent cook can break camp and remove any trace we were here. We'll return with the signal of a nightingale to join us, and screams and howls of pain if we need you to hurry faster due to combat." He smiles jokingly at the dwarf and others. "We'll want to move fast and hit them hard, so be ready to move as soon as you can."

Vardanil figures splitting the group 3 and three is the best idea, and one ranger in reach group is best. The young ranger himself stands ready to move out, his herbal bandoleer over his shoulder.
Is everyone at full health? If not I want to heal them first before we split, and then go scouting.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Melvyst
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Melvyst » Wed May 26, 2010 10:53 am

To embarrassed that he simply got forgotten by the ranger, Melvan tries to get notified by making some extra noise while packing his belongings.

He is happy to stay with the others back here but is slightly worried about Vardanil as he might be to exhausted to scout as he is not even able to count right.