Book One: At the Sign of the Prancing Pony

It is the year 3010 of the Third Age in Middle-earth. One after another, ancient horrors awake, called by their master, Sauron, the Lord of the Rings. This is a time when heroes are needed, to protect the Free People and keep the evil at bay. This is high fantasy in a setting where there is low obvious magic using the HARP system.

Run by the Ringwraith Grimbold
Nate
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Re: Book One: At the Sign of the Prancing Pony

Post by Nate » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:37 pm

"Who do ye work for?" The Dwarf asks gruffly as he starts lifting the man. He'd still like to take him to Brano's, but Vardanil brings up a good point, if he works for Brano, it may be good to ask him a few questions before brining him there.
That was my intent. If he doesn't work for Brano, I'll push the taking him back to Brano's again.

Galen
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Galen » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:46 pm

Does this Melvyst person know any good places to dispose of a body? ;)
Velethahl goes back to inspect the body as he waits for the rangers to catch up. He checks for any symbols or insignia that may help identify the man's affiliations, and goes through any bags and pockets looking for notes or other items of signifigance.

As the rangers arrive on the scene Velethahl turns to them.

"Well...He is not going to be reporting to anyone now. Do you know or anywhere I can hide or any good place to dump a body?"

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:11 am

*The man whinces at the thought of a dwarf's sock: "Erm. In the inn, I met a man, he tole me to keep me eye on Brano's house and report anyt'ing unusually. And so I saw you folk comin' out and me an me mate said: less follow 'em and see whot they's doin'"

*The rangers are surprised as they see the body and one of them says: "I do not know. He is leaving a crimson track for blind Crebain to follow, that is for sure. Let us leave quickly before anyone sees us. There are more urgent matters to deal with, I think. As far as I have heard, murder and death are not uncommon on the streets of Bree these days. Let us go and find Vardanil."

Galen
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Galen » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:55 am

Velethahl stands up and prepares to follow the rangers back to Vardanil.

"Let us see how those two faired in their pursute." He says as he walks briskly out of the alley leaving the corpse to be discovered come morning.

Nate
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Nate » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:17 am

"Let's take 'em back then." The dwarf says to Vardanil. "I don't need t' be askin' him questions where everyone can hear 'em scream."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:17 pm

Vardanil nods, "One more question, who was the man? What was his name or what did he look like?" The Ranger puts his bow away and reaches out to help move the tied up man, "We should also find the Elf and the others before we go to Brano's."
After the question is answered, feel free to put us together with Velethahl the Bloodthristy Sindarin! before we move to Brano's.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:25 pm

*The man says: "He looked a bit like you, tall and dark hair and shabby clothes. He called himself Baracharn and ..." Suddenly, someone can be heard climbing the wall at the alley where everyone came from. A dark figure emerges, no details can be seen in the darkness.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:29 pm

Vardanil is going through the names of men he knows when he hears the noise and the arrival of the man. He is hoping its one of the other Rangers with the elf. He spins to face the man, hand on the hilt of his sword, ready to draw it, but for the moment he's had enough violence and it doesn't come free.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:09 pm

Then the man gets down the wall to join the others, his hand on the shorts swords expecting troubles.
"Vardanil, Gorin... everything alright? What the heck you're both doing in the middle of the night?" It's Melvan Ferny.
Gorin, Vardanil: Please rejoin the main thread again ("Not all that is gold...") For the moment, Velethahl stays in the Prancing Pony thread.
* Velethahl walks out of the alley quickly, the rangers follow him. "Where do you think Vardanil is? We must find him..."

Galen
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Galen » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:07 am

"Lets head back towards that Inn, The Pretty Pony or whatever it was. From there we can hopefully find which way they went. Do you know of any others in town that be friendly with Vardanil?" Velethahl says to the Rangers as he starts jogging back the way they had come.