Book One: At the Sign of the Prancing Pony

It is the year 3010 of the Third Age in Middle-earth. One after another, ancient horrors awake, called by their master, Sauron, the Lord of the Rings. This is a time when heroes are needed, to protect the Free People and keep the evil at bay. This is high fantasy in a setting where there is low obvious magic using the HARP system.

Run by the Ringwraith Grimbold
Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Re: Book One: At the Sign of the Prancing Pony

Post by Grimbold » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:05 pm

Velethahl and the rangers come to the Prancing Pony. Suddenly, Vardanil, the young ranger steps out of the shadows and motions them to meet him in a shady corner.

Galen
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Galen » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:02 am

Velethahl follows the ranger Vardanil for what he expects to be the first of possibly many times. After the recent encounter he makes sure to look for anything or anyone suspicious.

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:17 pm

Vardanil and Velethahl (and the two rangers) meet in a dark corner. Vardanil whispers: "Have you caught the man? Gorin wrestled ours down and we have tied him up. They are bringing him to Brano's."

Galen
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Galen » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:26 am

...Velethahl pauses for a moment.

"Lets just say he won't be telling anyone what he heard. I failed to catch him on foot and decided that our secrets are too important to let him tell what he had heard. I wish there had been another way."
He says softly in his native elven tongue.

"So this Brano you speak of, he must be a ally?"
Velethahl asks.

Galen
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Galen » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:35 am

"Oh, I almost forgot." Velethahl interjects before Vardanil can respond. "I looked for any sign of affiliation and found nothing. He had no incriminating evidence on his person."

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:49 pm

"Well" says Vardanil "We are not sure if he is an ally. But one of our allies, Melvan, works for him, and I think Melvan can be trusted. So we can use his guestroom and Brano will help us to find the bandits - he has a caravan going south tomorrow and we plan to guard it. Perhaps we will hide some of the guards to draw out the bandits."

Galen
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Galen » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:59 am

"This sounds like a solid plan." Velethahl responds. "Is there food at Brano's place? If not I should get a small bite to eat before leaving the Inn. Other than that I am ready to head to this Brano's house for a little rest."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:35 am

The young ranger doesn't isn't feeling well about knowing the other man was killed. He doesn't ask any questions further about it, and shakes his head. "I would get something to eat here. I can't speak for Brano's hospitality." The young man looks at the other Rangers, a bit of sadness in his eyes. "When you are ready, I'll take you to Brano's."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:20 pm

Tarandír, one of the rangers, speaks quietly: "It seems to me 'tis better that we do not follow you to this Brano. As I said, we have our own task in the west, Gandalf himself told us what to do. We must ride ere the sun rises and we cannot say more about it. I believe you have your own task and I wish you the Valar's blessing in that. I hope you uncover this mystery and push the darkness back. Yet I sense darker times to come... Is there anything we can do to help you before we ride?"

Galen
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Galen » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:50 pm

"For my part I have nothing else for you." Velethahl says to Tarandir. "I am sorry we didn't meet on more pleasant terms. Perhaps next time there will be time for banter and drink. Good luck in all things and may the wind be at you back."