Lost Souls - Chapter 1 : Fahng at Home

The mysteries of the Mhuktar are revealed, the ancient order of the Batasa-Afiz have found The Choosen One at last. The time of the Kali-Ma and her Children is at hand. Who will fall to darkness and destruction, and who will rise above? This game is a direct spin off of Mahasarpa: Ascension. (A vWorld Expansion)Run by the DM Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Lost Souls - Chapter 1 : Fahng at Home

Post by Vardaen » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:45 pm

This short spin off thread picks up when Fahng returns to the Shadow Realm and visits with the Shadar-Kai among the Ir'gan Ong. This thread is for Bitom only.
Fahng leaves the Mhuktar and the others behind and leaves to explore the twisting passages of the Ir'gan Ong stronghold at the side of a Primarch of the Shadar-Kai by the name of Jal'a.

The female Shdar-Kai has long bone white hair that hangs down her back braided along a spiked silver cord much like barbwire. It sways like a tail hanging from her head. Her body is covered with ritual tattoes and scars, more so than many of the others found here. She wears a pure black robe without sleaves that shows her marked arms. Cinched at the waste by a silver cord the rob stops at her knees, split up the sides, leaving much of her black skin exposed and visible. She passes two guard posts along the way, tall silent figures glimpsed in the shadows waiting and watching there. Fahng notices these 'men' but it is likely the humans he's left behind would never spot them.

The Primarch takes Fahng into a small chamber someplace in the tunnels of the hold. The chamber is only perhaps fifteen feet in diameter, its shape generally oval, longer from front to back than it is side to side from the perspective of entering. The walls are covered with barbed slivers of stone that look much like unfolded flower petals each razor sharp, and several stained with old blood on them. A single lamp hangs from the center of the ceiling, the shadow oil burning it giving off that purple unlight glow common among these fey. At the far end of the room is a bone alter to the Kali-Ma, a twisted idol of the Shadow Demon set on it. Such an idol might have been considere unorthadox in Fahng's time, for it depicts the Kali-Ma with one set of her two sets of arms wrapped around an ebon figure, which could only be the Vindicator. Her hands are purest jet, one with a great curved blade, the other a long barbed whip. At the foot of the alter and the idol is a low device, for kneeling on before the alter. However where men might have padding, the Shadar-Kai have small thorns of metal, to cause ones knees to bleed an suffer during suplication to the Shadow Goddess.

A true Shadow moves about the room, moving randomly it seems, from side to side, and about the chamber as deep shadows fill all corners of the chamber. The Pirmarch waves a hand and the Shadow floats to the side of the chamber and hovers there. Speaking now in only the Ancient Shadaric langauge she welcomes Fahng home. "Welcome home wayward son."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Lost Souls - Chapter 1 : Fahng at Home

Post by Bitom » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:00 am

Fahng nods. "It seems odd to me that the ritual of pain has continued in this place. In my time it was only to keep us from being trapped here. I had noticed that only the Vindicator of all that I have seen wears the true Gal Ralan, as I would expect." He looks back to the Primarch, ignoring the shadow. "What purpose does it serve now?"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:21 pm

The Primarch stands in the center of the room, allowing Fahng to take move to the alter. "It serves Tradition now. It is a way to remember those that have fallen or have not yet Awakened on the Prime. " She folds her hands before her chest. "The Vidicator alone is allowed the honor of wearing a true pair of Gal Ralan. To wear a Gal Ralan of Blades would be to defy the Vindicator's authority. Rare is it for one to wish to suffer those pains here among the Shadows. Yet from time to time a Shadar-Kai shall, and in doing so stand in defiance of the Vindicator's law. many may however wear the vambraces as ceremonial pieces to show support to various causes or families." She looks curiously up and down at Fahng's tattoed body. "Your own tattoes are unknown to me."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:12 pm

Fahng, "In my time, the tattoes were a part of the ritual of pain only. Their form had no meaning but that ascribed to them by the wearer. Mine serve only to increase my skills as a Warden, like the tiger's stripes." He smiles a little. "There is no meaning to be read in them beyond my age. Will it be taken as an offense that I carry the Gal Ralan of blades if I do not wear it?"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:12 am

The female strides forward and places a light hand on Fahng's shoulder, her nails are capped with long obsidian finger nails, more like claws. She runs her hand along the visible tattoo on Fahng's exposed flesh. "One who can bare the pain of the Gal Ralan, one of your age should worry not about the offenses that he will incur among the jealous and petty." She moves gently around the Awakened Shadar-Kai as those in Fahng's situation are called. "Your marks are truely filled with pain and power, I wonder how you contain all that without bursting. Perhaps you would enjoy my talents to sooth you?" She flashes a wild smile like a predator moments before a particularly statifying kill.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:25 pm

Fahng smiles in return. "I will take whatever comfort is offered, Primarch, before being sent once again to live among the Diurnals."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:52 pm

The woman motions at the door and it slides closed behind the two. The shadows in the room thicken and darken, and the Primarch embraces Fahng, the touch of another Shadar-Kai, espcially of a woman of her beauty and power is a long forgotten feeling. The rush of emotions, of power, of adrenaline returns to Fahng, and he can not resist.

** Fade to Black **

The shadows lift and it it isn't until late the 'morning' that Fahng wakes in the private chambers of the Primach, the female is no place about, but a set of fine clothing hangs on a hook awaiting Fahng's touch, along with a small pouch, and a note.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:50 pm

Fahng rises and stretches, having reason to wish he hadn't as he reopens some of the wounds from the previous night's indulgence. Deciding to wait until the blood stops flowing again before he touches the fine clothing, the last Scion of Su Ha picks up the note.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:28 pm

Writen in the Shadaric script, a flowing and firm pen, "Enjoy my gift, I shall enjoy yours. Take care, for many dislike the return of the Awakened. Trust no one." The note is not signed.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:51 pm

Fahng picks up the pouch next, spilling its contents onto the bed.