Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Recent Stuff

Post by Vardaen » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:02 pm

Tet Said
I have no problem with you attempting to stay and fight. I won't sugar coat things, it won't be easy. I do agree it is a tough choice to leave your supplies behind, but, in Wolf's opinion they couldn't go where you guys need to go to escape.

However, I am feeling we don't have a very good group cohesion at all. Fellden has no real rank or file in the group, and is trying to make decisions. I don't think Cedrick likes that, especially when he invokes Ulan's name here and there or is questioned.

I figure I'll post here since it will be nicer than in the thread. I posted ICly but could edit I supose based on this.

Here are a few things I'm seeing. Fellden brought up Ulan once to the witch were were intimidating, in a manner to intimidate her, and never since then, other than to defend his use of Ulan's name to Cedrick when he took a jab at Fellden and then of course didn't reply back. Fellden has A Knowledge: Reglion of +8, and while not a Ulanite, knows enough about Ulan to hold his own in a debate if anyone wanted to talk to him civil about it, like maybe during all that down time we had but it wasn't brought up then.

The other thing going on here is the sudden arrival of three strange men who we have no reason to trust or join with other than some worgs are coming. They still haven't told us who they are (beyond their names) or anything beyond 'trust us'. The zone of truth is a big help, don't get me wrong, but 'follow us' into the woods, leave your hard bought horses and survival gear behind because we say so, doesn't fit well. Espcially with Fellden's history of you know, not trusting people cause of doppligangers and his life.

This feels certainly like a railroad, choo choo, all aboard for no apparent reason other than some worgs are out therE? Did we just kill a Hwa-jung priest and a shit load of undead, and we are running from some overgrown dogs?
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Re: Recent Stuff

Post by Vardaen » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:04 pm

And what rank and file should Fellden have? Are we in the army now? I haven't seen Esian act in a long while now, Saleem is a caravan guard, Malfast is Fellden's friend and companion, and Cedrick thinks he runs the show? Is Fellden suposed to be all meek and take oders and not talk?
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:10 pm

Not a railroad at all. I'm happy to have you stay and fight. Wolf was fairly clear that the horses would not be able to navigate where you are going. Which would A) Slow you down, and B) Would have to be abandoned anyway.

I'd like to also comment that Fellden may or may not know what a worg even is. I wasn't all that clear, I suppose. Even if you did, you certainly haven't fought one, killed one, etc. So, I don't think saying 'its an oversized dog, I ain't scared, its CR 2' is real valid. Just cause you know they aren't that tough, doesn't mean Fellden does. My warning is, what you think you are going to see OOCly isn't what you are going to get ICly. I think this has really been a 'I know what's coming OOCly' transferred to Fellden's knowledge.

The whole thing with these guys is to give you choices, and not to railroad you. I'm trying to give my games a complete non-linearity and sidequests galore. The only thing I'm put off with is the seemingly use of OOC knowledge IC.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:29 pm

Fellden is a Ranger/Inquisitor... what they do is know what monsters and beasts are. At the least be thinks we have wolves coming by the howl, etc.

IF he doesn't know what they are, can I atleast see my class features used for this?

Worg: Knowledge Arcana: Skill is +6, with an additional +4 to that to ID Monsters and their abilties and weaknesses so +10, even taking a 10 that is 20 to know about worgs. Seems pretty good to me he's have a good idea that a worg is a talking bad ass wolf.
Monster Lore (Ex): The inquisitor adds her Wisdom modifier on Knowledge skill checks in addition to her Intelligence modifier, when making skill checks to identify the abilities and weaknesses of creatures.
The Knowledge skill lists:
Identify a monster's abilities and weaknesses: 10 + monster's CR = 12! Even with a 8 point penalty, I think Fellden knows what it is?

Sorry if assuming my abilities actually do what they list doing was wrong.

Besides, personally it seems to me that going with these guys is the less than IC option.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:36 pm

I was trying not to use OOC knowledge here. But I figured that Malfast was perfectly aware of what a worg is. Now as I know perfectly well from playing thing game for years, a worg is a CR 2 magical beast. According to the skill descriptions, the DC to identify a magical beast is 10 + CR, or 12 in this case. Malfast has a K:arcana 12, which means the lowest he could have rolled was a 13.

Normally I just assume a take 10 on things like identifying what a character knows. So I figured that Malfast would have a 22 on his K:arcana check to know about worgs. That would be enough for Malfast to know 3 significant facts about worgs. I figured even if they were more rare than that (requiring a 15+CR) that Malfast still knew more than most people about them.

So while he's worried about a pack of worgs attacking them, he doesn't consider them boogeymen. And it was based on the general knowledge of worgs that I assumed for Malfast that caused me to go for my up-in-the-tree approach. (And my belief that if we were smart we could take them on.)

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:11 pm

Do we not have interest in the game anymore? I'm not feeling the love. Maybe Eq is just not meant to be.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:37 pm

I think we are all just waiting for you to take us to Saleem's house.

Trog's out, Bit's not posting today. I think its safe to just get us to his house and keep things moving.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:18 pm

I think I might shut the game down. I don't feel its going well, and I think I've allowed a party that doesn't have very good cohesion.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:30 pm

I'm not sure how the others feel, but other than some Dogmatic differences between Fellden and Cedrick seems cohevise to me. I am fine however if you shut this game down.

If for some reason Fellden is contributing to the non-cohesivness of the game. I'm willing to have him walk away on his own personal missions and leave the group so the others who were playing before I joined dont loose out.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:33 am

I don't think it specifically is, do I think you guys don't mess that great, yeah. But not so bad that it is causing a party issue. I'd like to hear if the others really want to play this game or not.