Werewolf Rouund 3

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Re: Werewolf Rouund 3

Post by od » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:37 pm

Well Dead to be honest.

I thought Amaris was the sage, or the sage didn't actually finger Bitom. You see a sage telling Amaris, and only Amaris they were the sage seemed suicide in my mind, unless they'd scanned her.

However, I did know you and her were talking closely. Alot your PMs both hinted at knowing things that myself or another werewolf had told only you (yes Bit, Grim, and I told each other about every PM any of us received). When Amaris wasn't the sage it seemed likely you were.

I will say I screwed up on day 2 a little, I should have just let Bit die but Tet was throwing out alot of accusations and it made it easy to do the same and basically just confuse the villagers. Also, I think Deadman really did contact me about being suspicious of Tet...he also contacted Grimbold...so I had a pretty good guess he'd contacted others...the nay votes seem to confirm that.

A word of warning if we use PMs again...werewolves can talk about your pms to any of them rather easily.

I will say to many people were swayed by the word of the bodyguard. I was honest when I said Amaris couldn't have any real facts to go on and I was right. She had no proof Deadman was sage, and he had no proof she was a villager. Had she been a werewolf then he'd be a goner. Had the person feeding her information (she never once said it was deadman, she said she was the sage...a lie) been a werewolf the villagers would have lost when they hung Bitom.

I will say I'm surprised I lived, but not that we won. I think Bit and I managed to let Grim stay silent or against us enough that folks would probably have killed each other before him.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:00 pm

Has the villagers listened to Amaris at the start, and Hung Bitom, then Deadman would have scanned od the next night, and you'd have been on the block, and the Bodyguard (who was claiming to be the sage) and might have been eaten by the WWs but was protecting herself, would have made things far harder on the WWs to win.

It is very different to watch what was happening and see how the good guys were acting, but that suspicion and "proof" which can't exsit until you are dead, screw things up. The Villagers had this fairly well in hand if not for a few stupid moves at the start from my point of view, but once they get soemthing wrong or don't believe someone, the whole thing goes down hill.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:25 pm

Stupid is hard to say, especially with alot of the game being hidden in PMs and chat.

Amaris probably would have been believed if she'd made her claims on the main thread. It would have been much less suspicious all in PMs. Since it was all private it was alot harder to see that Bit was reacting to her accusations, because Nate and Tet didn't know she was pming the same sort of thing to everyone. It just seemed like the sage was trusting them, and only them, for no good reason.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:46 pm

Actually she did make the claim on the main thread, but no one seemed to care. Espcially Wayloss who suggested killing the Sage in all cases was a smart move.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:47 pm

She made the claim in her defense...but the initial claims to everyone were via pm and chat, thus making them suspect. It seemed like nate outed her, not that she was openly claiming to be sage...*shrugs* hind sight and all...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:56 pm

Actually anything the WW did was suspect, and a lie. Its funny how e everyone seems to get upset when someone lies that isn't a WW but no one mentions a thing about the twisted mindgames the WW play.

Now go back a few conversations and someone said if the Sage say something publicly its suspect and stupid. Then this conversation if the Sage does not say something public is suspect and stupid. There really is no way to please anyone.

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:55 pm

Well the basis of the game is, "You can't trust anyone" followed by, "Learn to trust people"

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:13 pm

I took a risk trusting Amaris but the odds were pretty good. First off she hadn't acted suspiciously in my view at all. Second, even as a completely random guess the odds were low she was a witch. I was picking from 8 players, only two of whom were witches. My odds of Amaris being a witch were no higher than 1/4. And in reality I thought the odds of her being a witch were lower than that because of her behavior.

In my opinion I was better off risking that Amaris was a witch than either revealing myself by openly accusing Bitom, or risking that we didn't hang Bitom the first night by doing nothing.