Werewolf Rouund 3

Apoctheosis
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Werewolf Rouund 3

Post by Apoctheosis » Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:30 am

Currently I suspect Tet, Bitom, Wayloss, or Nate. Either Wayloss or Nate are a witch, because Nate said that Wayloss was triggering suspicions. That means either Nate was trying to divert attention and get Wayloss innocently burned, or Nate was truly not a witch, and truthfully announcing his suspicions. I suspect the latter more than the former.

Wayloss
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Outlaw Technician

Post by Wayloss » Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:17 pm

My reason is not bogus, the only way to find out the truth of something is either to be contacted and identified correctly by the sage as a villager, or burn them and bring truth to their words. Either they are who they say they are when they are the sage and you burn whom they say, watch the votes and make intelligent guesses as a surfer village did with weresharks.
If I am right and Bitom, Tet, and Nate are our witches we are in trouble, they are very experienced players.
We have declaration that bitom is a witch, but not by the sage, but perhaps their proxy in the bodyguard. I will admit to being confused now, I've read and re-read this thread and am forming new opinions by looking at facts. unfortunately we have only one Vote that means anything Amaris. The vote gave us two things A list of people likely to be witches and a List of people who are unlikely to be witches.

Nays were: Amaris, Deadman, Illeveun, Apoc.
Apoc and Illeveun have never voted to burn someone, though Illeveun did nominate Bit first out he later voted nay like me. Like it or not we have found two villagers, as a man of peace and non violence I nominate Apoc to be an elder of our village! I will bow to his judgment I give him my nomination rights and Votes for the day. For good or Ill I will do what no witch would dare do.
Apoc with my nomination and vote do as you please!

Apoctheosis
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Apoctheosis » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:31 am

"Hmm this is odd, but there is no legal code against it, so I shall use it. I use Wayloss's nomination to nominate Bitom. So I guess there are already two Yea's against him, since Wayloss gave me his voting rights as well. I am almost certain Bitom is a witch."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:32 pm

Alright, since Wayloss have given his Nomination and Voting power to Apoc, that means we have three nominations out there

od
Tet
Bitom

But Bitom's is seconded. So Bitom may now defend himself, however Bitom is on vacation! So to prevent this game from stalling for a week, I'll repost a previous defence from Bitom here, and you may all vote. I'm uncertain if anything new Bitom might say would shed any more light on his opinions.
Bitom wrote:Well, I'm pretty much sure to burn here, even though Amaris was not the sage, so I guess I'll just recap what's happened to me so far so when you burn me and see me for the villager I am, you'll have a good idea of where to go next.

When I got started, the first thing that happened was DM asking what our strategy should be. We discussed for a while and knowing that DM was always in favor of not hanging the first night, I tried to compromise with him. to that end, we encouraged the village to argue about whether or not we should hang anyone the first day, so that we could glean as much info from the argument as we could. Then we were to have a vote, and likely decide not to hang anyone. my exact quote on this:

Quote:

I really don't know. I've never been good at Day one strategy... I've never seen a tactic that seems to improve the odds. Not hanging is bad, but arguing about not hanging is good... and I'm learning that THAT argument is almost as useful as the ones where you hang someone. So maybe our tactic should be to fight about hanging or not hanging someone to see what everyone else does, then vote to not hang.

I don't know if it's a good idea or not... I've never tried it before.

in retrospect, I think it's not a good idea, almost all of us have entrenched beliefs about first-day hanging. And any deviation from this belief is likely to be seen as a sign of witchcraft.

Next, tet put forward his highly confusing plan, that I'm still not really clear about. DM asked me about this, too, asking if he thought tet was trying to fix the vote. I didn't and still don't know what to say about his plan. I pointed out that Tet is good at this game and hasn't been on the losing side yet, but that I don't know if that argues for or against him,... it's probably just neutral information.

then things started to speed up. Wayloss nominated himself as a way to prove that he wasn't a witch. Which seems to be null info to me... either a witch or a villager could do that with total confidence that we wouldn't burn them unless we had good reason to believe they were a witch already.

Then the sage PM's started flying.

Amaris wrote to Nate, apparently, saying that she was the sage and I was a witch. She also wrote to me, saying that she was the sage and Nate was a witch. I don't know what her tactic was, possibly just to draw fire to her protected bodyguard self and make the witches waste their night.

At the same time, I got another PM from Grimbold claiming that HE was the sage and Deadman was a witch.

I didn't know what to do, so I sent a pm to both Nate and DM saying that I had gotten conflicting sage claims and that both of them were fingered as witches. Unfortunately, DM is now dead and can't confirm this, and Nate can't speak until after my trial anyway to confirm what I've said.

I was planning to spell this all out once day fell, but I was already on trial when I logged in this morning, so this is all we've got.

Normally, I'd say kill me and find out, but if we kill the wrong person today, we lose the game. It's just that simple: this night, one more villager will die, leaving it a 3/3 split. We will be unable to hang anyone that the witches don't want hung, and lose the game.

Don't do this... it will be the end of the game.
Voting has begun

Bitom Votes No for himself
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Illeveun
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Illeveun » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:20 pm

"Burn the Witch!"

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:18 pm

I vote to burn.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:16 pm

Votes to Burn Bitom

Tet - Yes
Ill - Yes
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Apoctheosis
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Apoctheosis » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:13 am

Two more Yeas, I vote yea, and Wayloss gave me his voting rights as well.

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:02 am

yea

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:46 am

The villagers gather together, Tetnak, Illeveun, Wayloss, Apoctheosis and Grimbold all agree, that over rides any votes that Bitom, od, or Nate might have.

The villagers march Bitom off to the stake and pyre all prepaired. With torches and blowtorches and a zippo lighter or two they set fire to the wood and send Bitom up in smoke.

As Bitom is burning his black pointy hat and large mole come to the surface.

Bitom is a Witch! (Or was a witch) now he is nothing but ashes!

**** Dead ****
Amaris (Bodyguard)
Deadman (Sage)
Bitom (Witch)

The night time falls and the last two witches go to work. (Witches PM your choices)