Werewolf Rouund 3

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Werewolf Rouund 3

Post by Deadman » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:46 pm

May I suggest we pass on executions this first night, unless the sage guides us to a certain witch. Killing randomly is unlikely to do any good.

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:31 pm

Any ideas?

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:36 pm

Bitom wrote:I'm not sure, MaizeMazer. We've seen that both evil and good men can fix the random chance to fall in their favor, so perhaps I spoke too quickly about using that method.
"I think its awfully strange Bitom would change his mind about this .... Either way, if we want to set it to a vote, we can. Pick at random or let it slide the first night."

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:40 pm

Haven't changed my mind about hanging someone, only about the method of choice.

We've seen the sage fix the die, and there's nothing to stop a witch from doing the same. Pretty much what I'm saying is that "Randomness" is a silly concept when we're all suspect. We should not assume that whoever arranges the randomness should be trusted.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:42 pm

Perhaps we should all offer up a suggestion on who to hang, based on whatever criteria we want (Randomness, sage knowledge, whatever). Whoever gets the most suggested votes is who we nominate.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:43 pm

True. Just not sure we have enough information to really select anyone.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:44 pm

We could go through a few rolls. Like, four of us roll at random, then roll between those four. That would keep it as random as possible.

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:50 pm

Selecting people based on limited criteria is little more than random selection. One should be as good as another. Worst case for us is if we kill the sage by mistake, that's a 1 in 10 chance. Best case is that we hang a witch, 3 in 10. The big point is to see who doesn't point at a witch, so that when the sage does find a witch they can tell us, and we can use that and the voting record to find the others.

I heard a tale of a coastal town that had a similar evil, and though they killed their marine biologist quickly by mistake the votes from the first round led them to the evil eventually...

Amaris
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Amaris » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:36 pm

Preacher man - you're notions seems interesting. At least it would help us choose one to nominate. Perhaps the community would like to proceeed to the Inn of the Richeous Citizen and expound on this further....
(IRC chat)
7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:46 pm

It may actually be better to nominate four people.

That way, if the werewolves were the most active at first, they could dominate 3 of the original nominations. This will also give us some insight on how people voted before the first night.

So, let us nominate someone and vote. This would not be who we hung, but it would be one of 3 or 4 that would up for the vote.

Does that make sense? If we do it this way, we can just nominate 3.