Werewolf, round five

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Werewolf, round five

Post by Deadman » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:27 pm

The Dog was a Were-thing! I nominated Gina AND suggested a strategy that'll improve our odds. Either I'm on the human side or playing you all very very well. Can we go with Occam's Razor and just assume I'm not the Thing?

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:37 pm

the mechanic tries to think, but his head hurts... He barley finished highschool, and now he has to think numbers and stratigies a bunch of scientists.

"one in six... its like russian roulette but with 5 bullets and no chamber, seems we have no choice. "

The old mechanic/janitor/peeon pops a couple of headache pills, "we have no choice. I too vote against killing somone today." he wipes his brow and glares at McDeady "If I die tonight, I hope you know who to put in the deep freeze tomarrow"

Kilroy
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Kilroy » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:58 am

I vote for no one dying today. And if I should die tonight, the 2 people I trust are Deadman and Nate. Not that I have any evidence to support them.
"If at first you DO succeed, try not to look surprised!"

Melvyst
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Melvyst » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:00 am

:x dr. Hoogeback, the european scientist, still suffers from the jetlag from last weeks flight from Kopenhagen to the base. It seems that all his colleuges are asleep while he is wandering around in the base.
damn americans... Allways so hasty! Last night there was a simple postit on the wall:" gina infected, eliminate?"
Hoogeback doesn't like the idea to sacriface a colleuge simply to increase the mathematic change to eliminated the threat.
In Europe we would sit all together in a circle and perform a multichoice psycho analysis which would most likely uncover the dark nature of the virus
Put as there once again is a simple postit with " kill no one today, will increase chance" he simply marks: YES

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:27 pm

Just want to say this in case I die.

Here's one way of picking a random victim so the Thing won't be able to manipulate you outright. First get everyone to agree on a person who's the first picker. Doesn't matter who.

They roll a die to find out who the next picker is.

That 2nd picker rolls a die picks another person.

That third person rolls a die to see who dies.

Now you're screwed if the last person is The Thing, but the odds are more likely they won't be.

This wouldn't work with two Things because they could game the system. But with one monster if it's the 1st person that only lets it pick who picks randomly, if it's the 2nd that only lets it choose who actually gets to determine who dies, and if the Thing is the third person it's just bad luck.

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:08 pm

"definatly russian roulette... but better than us all dieing. "

Mike puts his head in his hands. He doesn't like McDeady, damn scientist is right but agrees with his strategy.

"i think thats our best corse of action, unless we catch this 'thing' in a lie, then we 'ice' him"
question on the game: we are role playing to some extent, and people are sacrificing themselves to win the game, do we role play the "need to survive"?

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:06 pm

Votes for No Kill:
Deadman
Nate
sempai
kilroy
Melvyst

I should have called it at Kilroy, but I counted wrong.

No ,killing happens today. Infectee, pm me with your victim.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:15 pm

Again, during the night, there are screams and thrashing. Everyone wakes up and comes into the same storage room to find the same mess. Well it's not the same mess. It's a brand new mess that looks the same, but now, it's Deadman who's missing from the collection of disgusted faces.

Alive:
Sempai
nate
melvyst
wayloss
kilroy

Dead:
Connie (Infectee)
od (Geneticist)
DeadMan

Kilroy
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Kilroy » Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:07 am

Alright everyone, we lost one more uninfected person last night.

It is getting down to the draw, and I don't really know who to trust at this point. For some reason I feel I can still trust Nate.

Dr. Hoobebeck(Melvyst) hasn't been talking too much, and whereas I don't THINK he is infected, he is suspect.

My main suspicions are between Wayloss and Mike(Sempai) as being infected. Sempai has been saying some things to make me suspicious, I wish I had somone I could point to 100%, but I don't.

For now, I nominate Sempai, unless someone else has something to say in his defense or suspects someone more. We really can't afford to make a mistake, we get this nomination, and then only one more tomorrow before the infected person kills us all.
"If at first you DO succeed, try not to look surprised!"

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:18 am

"Me?!" Mike looks at the mess on the floor "... cant you see what is happening? The thing is totally manipulating us!!! Of course it would kill McDeady, because everyone would think it was me that is the thing!!!!"

Mike puts his hands up in a defencive posture "Its true i didn't like McDeady, I thought he was playing us, but I went along with his strategy because it made sence"

Mike falls to his knees, seeing his life pass before him "please examine carfully what has all been said, you can see the thing is manipulating you all"
dont judge me cause of my extra posts, judge me on my content... all my current brennors games are paused or dead... this is my only brennors crack at the moment.