Werewolf round 7 sign-up

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Werewolf round 7 sign-up

Post by Deadman » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:26 pm

The important thing about RPing is that your acting should not be a disadvantage. It's there so we aren't playing this game like its a problem on the LSATs. Winning even if you personally get killed and working with your side take priority.

I would like to switch the roles up radically this time, just for a change of pace. How about instead of a seer we have a detective, a person that picks half the remaining unscanned villagers (other than themselves) and gets randomly told the identity of one villager among them. They'd be incapable of finding werewolves, instead they just find out who's innocent and catch the wolf through the process of elimination.

Another idea is the Night Watchman, who picks a person each night and learns the identity of a werewolf if and only if that person is the night's victim.

Kilroy
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Kilroy » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:54 pm

Oh, please count me in! I really enjoy playing and I will participate alot more this time around.

Any theme works for me, I just need to know if we are still doing away with the PMing or bringing that back.
"If at first you DO succeed, try not to look surprised!"

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:03 am

I'm out this time... too much going on.

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:58 am

Count me in. I can post at least every second day.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:32 pm

Other roles could include:

Cupid - Picks two people once at the start of the game (without knowing their status) and if one dies the other dies.

Witch - Has 2 potions, can use each one only once. One potion kills someone, one potion heals them from a Werewolf attack.

Sherrif - His/Her vote counts for double and when/if they die they pass on their Sherrif role to someone else.

Hunter - When he is killed he takes out anyone one person with him.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:31 pm

What about a necromancer? They can exchange their own life to revive a single dead player. The advantage of this is that everyone will know the revived player is not a werewolf, and it can also be used to bring the sage back from the dead.

Another idea I have is the Illuminati. You'd pick three people and tell them each that they're Illuminati, but not who the other two are. Each night the members of Illuminati can each check a person to see if they're Illuminati or not. If they find one then they know to trust them, since they're on the village's side. And they'd want to keep themselves secret, even though they have no abilities to find wolves, because if the wolves kill them off that would negate the advantage of knowing one or two innocents.

Kilroy
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Kilroy » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:46 pm

The Witch role is kinda neat.

I think the Illuminati idea is alittle too much for our size games. By the time they know who each other are, it is game over!!

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:09 am

It is a little complicated, but the Illuminati have a good chance of finding each other before the wolves do. With ten people they'd have a 2/9 chance of finding a fellow Illuminatus apiece. Even if the wolves kill off one of them two people being able to prove their innocence is a huge advantage. Imagine this tactic.

It's the third day of a game that started with ten people. Four innocent people have died, including one illuminati. There's no sage or bodyguard or anyone else special. There are two wolves.One illuminatus member has discovered the other, but the other one hasn't found any.

With six people left the illuminatus that knows the other's identity can proclaim, "Me and X are illuminati, will you confirm?" The other one says "Why, yes I am!" Those two are now removed from suspicion, giving the village 2/4 odds of killing a wolf rather than 2/6.

Of course the illuminatus might never find each other and provide no help to the village, or they might find each other immediately and all survive giving the survivors a huge advantage later.

Amaris
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Amaris » Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:37 am

Player List

Vardaen
Deadman
oD
Wayloss
Sempai
TetNak
Kilroy
Grimbold

Anyone else want to go to summer camp? The bus leaves later this evening....
7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea.

Kilroy
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Kilroy » Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:58 am

Seeing how this is going to be a small game (Unless others join), are there going to be a reduced number of special characters? (Or just for fun, you could make everyone a special character!!)