Werewolf Round 8

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Werewolf Round 8

Post by Deadman » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:49 am

I got lucky when Sempai idled out. That was just dumb luck on my part. If I'd been killed then (and I would have with Sempai's vote) then I would have been revealed as a wolf and Melvyst would have looked suspicious for standing up for me (although Melvyst actually didn't know I was the other wolf at that point).

I didn't get lucky when Grimbold watched Kilroy though. I was deliberately trying to throw the watchman off by foretelling that one of them would be killed next. That trickery worked on my part.

And I wasn't 100% sure the watchman was still alive. I believed there was a chance Nate was bluffing. So in killing Nate I took a calculated risk. I figured I was better off risking that either A) The Watchman was dead or B) I'd tricked the watchman into not guarding nate, rather than risking that Nate would scan me, or would clear Vardaen and pick me as tomorrow's guess.

That d6 roll was damn bad luck for me. I'd suggested the approach because I figured I had a 2/3rd chance of winning the game right then.

Kilroy
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Kilroy » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:22 am

You guys should've known I wasn't the killer, I have never been one! Of course, I guess that just makes it more likely that I might be one. Or maybe that would make you suspect me as one, so Amaris WOULDN'T make me one to throw you off. Then again, she might've looked at it from that angle as well and wanted you to think she was trying to throw you off....

Mind games, man!!
"If at first you DO succeed, try not to look surprised!"

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:32 am

I think the assignment is random. What I want to know is why Sempai nominated me. Him picking me right off the bat made me suspect he was the sage, it's why he died that night.

Amaris
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Amaris » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:34 am

Assignments were a tad bit less than random this time due to the same people were originally rolled as werewolves (V and Tet maybe?). I wanted Melvyst to get something out of this game, I believed he had been voted off early in other games, and chose him instead of V. Deadman I picked because I believed he hadn't had that role, was one of the more active posters, and would work together well with Melvyst. Nate and Grimbold were natural roles.
I enjoyed this game, clearly everyone was stumped by the end of it and was ready to move on, but I liked it all the same.
7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea.

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:07 pm

Oh bugger. I should have watched Nate. I thought with the threat of the watcher watching him, he would be safe. It was my gamble and I lost, and it was Deadmans gamble and he won. Good job!

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:03 pm

Deadman: the reason i picked you was after playing in the previous games with you, and actually on a team with you as the WW I just had this gut feeling about you being sneaky, something about the way you post when your innocent vs guilty.

Perhaps i'm a good "post psychoanalyst"

oh... and because you wouldn't let boozehound draw a nudie >:)

Melvyst
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Melvyst » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:44 pm

well played deadman, it was fun to watch as I knew who you where.

For a future game I would not use the watchman anymore, it makes it to easy as the sage can reveal himself and being watched in any case you already have eliminated at least 50% of the ww.

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:12 pm

Damn. Apparently I have a tell.

Kilroy
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Kilroy » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:20 am

It was a fun game. Especially since we had no idea on who it was at the end! I thought Deadman played very well, his actions didn't tip his hand at all!!
"If at first you DO succeed, try not to look surprised!"