Werewolf 9 - Sign Up

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Werewolf 9 - Sign Up

Post by Vardaen » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:35 pm

Hey all Werewolf 8 is almost over, one more vote here, win or loose.

So I'll start taking sign ups for WW9 -- Samurai Edition.

That's right, this time around I'll run it with a Samurai theme! Trapped in the Daiymo's keep during a terrible winter storm our samurais will have to contend with two Ninja moving freely about the castle killing them off one by one. However the samurai can duel one another, hoping to kill the Ninja hidden among them. One of the samurai is a shugenja in fact, with magical powers to call on the kami to divine the true honor of those trapped in the keep. One of the samuraiis a trained Yojimbo, a bodyguard, and can protect one of the samurai each night -- at the expense of his own life! The samurai must survive until the storm is passed!

Roles
Samurai (Villagers) - The bread and butter of the members.
Shugena (Sage) - Once per night may divine the honor of one person, learning their role.
Yojimbo (Bodyguard Modified) - Each night may declare one person he's protecting, if that person is attacked by the Ninja he dies instead, honorably sacrificing himself to save them.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Melvyst
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Werewolf 9 - Sign Up

Post by Melvyst » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:21 pm

I'm in!

Wayloss
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Outlaw Technician

Post by Wayloss » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:03 pm

duh

Nate
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Nate » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:11 pm

In as well...

I like the idea for the bodyguard here. (the watchman seemed a bit powerful in the game we're wrapping up.)

Deadman
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Deadman » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:22 pm

I assume no pms again?

It's very likely the bodyguard might get killed before the sage reveals themselves, since unlike the old bodyguard they can't protect themselves. How about if the bodyguard is killed while protecting no one they can pass on their sword to a deshi of their choice. Each night that the bodyguard doesn't protect someone they can instead pick one villager as their apprentice. If the bodyguard is the victim their sword is passed on to the deshi who becomes the bodyguard. Nobody knows they were the deshi until the the host informs them they've received the sword.

If the bodyguard is executed, dies protecting someone, or are killed while protecting someone then there is no more bodyguard. And if they pick the sage or a werewolf then that person gains the powers of the bodyguard but has no real reason to use it. Of course picking a wolf will inform them that there is no Yojimbo left to stop them. What do you think of this?

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:39 pm

I will reveal the roles of all dead people as they die.

No PMs or chats (except between Ninja).

You suggestion Deadman boils down to, instead of protecting someone, they can choose a new Yojimbo. With a game of such small numbers it might be too much tickery to really be useful or effective.

I think I would rather remain with th very simple status of the Yojimbo, as it remains in theme for the Samurai setting. The Yojimbo protects one other person at the cost of their own life.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:39 pm

wow... sempai is in!!! my name even fits!!

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:22 am

In

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:26 pm

Run - Vardaen

In (so far) - sempai, Melyst, Grimbold, Deadman, Nate, Wayloss

Amaris
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Amaris » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:10 pm

In.
7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea.