Chapter 1: A Delicate Peace

The Burning Legion is defeated, Arthas sits on the Frozen Throne in Northrend, and Jaina Proudmore and Warchief Thrall have escaped to Kalimdor and formed a shaky truce with each other and the newly discovered Night Elves. Adventure awaits as the events of Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne are over, and new heroes rise from the aftermath of the Third War.Based on the hugely popular Warcraft series of games, the World of Warcraft RPG (Revised Edition) is an exploration into Azeroth like never before.Run by the DM Vardaen
3rd-I
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Chapter 1: A Delicate Peace

Post by 3rd-I » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:05 pm

Gizzik slowly gets to his feet, gulping as he notes the blood seeping from Garruk's mouth.

"And not a minute too soon", he mumbles.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:13 pm

The Dragons are gone, and Garruk orders the group away. Gizzik gets up and collects his dropped items and the whole collection of you agree, now is the time to escape.

With the wolves loaded and the peons in tow, the whole group hurries out into the marshes. The trip back to Ratchet is long, your wounds slow you down, the peons slow you down, the goblin slows you down, but at first the sun isn't up all the way and the trip is cool and comfortable. By the time you are nearing the neutral city of Ratchet the sun is high in the sky and everyone is sweating, and the heads on Garruk's spear are starting to stink, so too is the body of Redsnout Grisling the dead Tauren loaded on a Wolf.

You waste little time, stabling the wolves at a known Horde beastiary and moveing on to locate Lt.Match, the Orc that sent you on this mission in the first place, not that you needed much prompting after the events that happened at the wedding of your old captain.

You find yourselves in a small hut, gathered all of you including the two Peons (Whos names you learn are Frick and Frack. Frack being the smarter one, and considerably so.). You await Lt. Match to join you. Drinks have been brought out for you to enjoy while you wait, a cool Goblin made Lager, and nothing else.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

DoomulusPrime
Level 12
Level 12

Post by DoomulusPrime » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:29 am

Garruk clumps down onto a chair in the goblin hut after removing his armor and laying it outside to air out. He drains two tankards of Old Crafty Ale joylessly, and it seems to wet his throat enough to speak. His voice croaks a little, even with the much needed lubrication;

"Well. we're back. And alive. Before the Lieutenant returns, do any of you have thoughts on our last mission?"

3rd-I
Level 5
Level 5

Post by 3rd-I » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:42 am

"Oh sweet, sweet freedom!" grins Gizzik joyously, setting down his pack by a chair before grabbing one of lagers and chugging down heavily on it. He polishes off the drink in a single go, quite a feat considering the relative size of the tankard. He slams the mug down on a table and collapses back into one of the chairs, sighing happily.

He glances over at Garruk in response to his question. "Thoughts? Hmm, well I was successfully rescued and we recovered all of my inventions. That would make the mission an untainted triumph my friend! Yes?"

He looks around the bar for a member of staff.

"Can we get some nuts out here?"

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:53 pm

Ogbar squeezes himself into a corner of the small hut, taking up one of the cool, refreshing Lagers too. He quickly downs it before joining the conversation.

"More questions than answers really brought up from the mission. The dragons, especially."

Shinling
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Shinling » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:29 am

Grim drinks with a mug in each hand, making sure the liquid in the cups are at the same level after each drink.

"Aye... many questions... many our Lt. Match will know more..."
"The Clock of Life is Wound But Once"
-Some Old Guy
-Shinling

DoomulusPrime
Level 12
Level 12

Post by DoomulusPrime » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:19 am

"I should hope so."

Garruk wipes his mouth with his hand, sets down his mug, and continues. I've heard little about these traitors, myself, and what I do know is mostly from Grunts fresh out of rotation from Stonard and Grom'gol. One or two had said that the Humans seemed like they were fighting on two fronts, the further north the scouting parties traveled. This may be kodo-dung, but apparently one of the Orcs happened across a Gnome merchant, and he talked the Grunt's ear off about some orcs north of... well some Lake town. Said they wore Horde colors, but didn't pay attention to the terms of Truce. It's probably flat out lies, typical Alliance excuses to move on Horde territory, but I wonder if there's more to it sometimes."

Illeveun
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Illeveun » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:06 am

The shaman guzzles down his lager, before adding to the conversation, "Why in the name of Grom are those dragon's still doing there? I've known how the Horde is stretched a bit thin, but allowing these dragons to infiltrate our territory? Insane!"

Lugar is obviously not happy about running into those bastards of the sky, and want to know the reason why.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:09 pm

"Because until now Lugar, no one knew about any dragons!" Lt. Match marches into the hut and shouts his answer across it at Lugar. He strides up to front of the room and offers a salute to the group, waiting for the reaction from the others he drops his balled fist chest. "Welcome back, wel-come-back. I was starting to wonder if you were going to return before I left for Crossroads. Good timing on your part." He gets a drink for himself and takes a seat. "So, who's this?" He motions at the Goblin Gizzik with a smile on my face.

He then lifts and eyebrow, "Report."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Shinling
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Shinling » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:54 am

Grim stands and salutes, forgetting his cup in his hand until it smashes on his chest into tiny fragments of ale and ceramics. He ignors it, as if it was almost intentional then sits back at the table, after Match sitts, with only one mug in hand now. His head swivles to Garruk at the mention of the word report. He ands afew "Yas" and "Uhhuhs" to Garruks report.
"The Clock of Life is Wound But Once"
-Some Old Guy
-Shinling