Chapter 1: A Delicate Peace

The Burning Legion is defeated, Arthas sits on the Frozen Throne in Northrend, and Jaina Proudmore and Warchief Thrall have escaped to Kalimdor and formed a shaky truce with each other and the newly discovered Night Elves. Adventure awaits as the events of Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne are over, and new heroes rise from the aftermath of the Third War.Based on the hugely popular Warcraft series of games, the World of Warcraft RPG (Revised Edition) is an exploration into Azeroth like never before.Run by the DM Vardaen
DoomulusPrime
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Chapter 1: A Delicate Peace

Post by DoomulusPrime » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:02 am

Garruk stands and gives a quick salute when the Lieutenant enters the room. He sets down his drink and nods when the request for a report is given. "The attack was a success. We cleared out a whole cave of the tunnel rats. The head of the last assassin is moldering on that pike outside the door." Garruk gestures at Gizzik the goblin, "This fellow's name is Gizzik. We found him behind bars in the traitors' cave. He proved his resourcefulness in helping us investigate the cave, and agreed to sign on with the Horde for fair share of the proceeds. As for the traitors..." Garruk scratches his head for a moment, thinking. "Oh, yes, and we recovered two peons they were using for work detail. They're willing and eager to get back to work for Thrall."

"As for the assassins, they weren't just trolls. It was a mixed company of Orcs and Darkspear. We exterminated everyone in the cave, including their leaders. They had a troll... well, it looked like a troll until we killed it, that's the Forsaken's head on the pike... he went by the name of the "'King of the Sky'. The other leader, the black dragonkin head you will see out there... he was named Shalrath."

Garruk sighs, "And that's where the good news ends, I'm afraid. They had a dead tauren, likely a prisoner. Odds are he wasn't the first, but he was the only one left intact." Garruk pauses, takes a drink, and wipes his mouth before continuing, "and, it seems there are Dragons in the marsh. Not small ones either. We narrowly evaded a small flight on the way out of the cave. Strangely enough, the wyrms butchered their own servants on patrol. We managed to sneak out after they flew off. Didn't think it was prudent to engage, what with them being enormous and deadly. Then we headed back here."

Garruk inclines his head forward slightly, as if expecting the usual post-report grilling of questions...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:22 pm

Lt. Match asks a few basic questions, a few more things come out like the wolves, the location of the cave and the dispotition and armorments of the Orcs and Darkspear there. He also gives Gizzik a thanks. "Don't go anyplace gobblin, I always have work for good soliders and this isn't over just yet."

Those quesitons and such are simple, then he asks some other things, "Now what did you learn about their leader, the cult itself, and what about proof of anything else I can take to Thrall?" He looks for input from anyone, not just Garruk, this includes the Tauren and the Goblin, plus of course Lugar and Grim.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

3rd-I
Level 5
Level 5

Post by 3rd-I » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:19 am

"Ah yeah! They told us their bosses name."

Gizzik bares his teeth, and in a very bad wyrmkin impression hisses "When Madaggan comes, you are all dead!"

He clears his throat and in his normal voice says "That name mean anything to ya chief?!"

Illeveun
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Illeveun » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:45 am

Lugar nods throughout Garruk's report, not having much to say. In response to Lt. March's question, he says, "Not much more, really. We found some loot, some of it magical, that we took for ourselves. These cultists had some resources behind them, by and large, so there may be something there."

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:49 pm

Ogbar also offered a salute when Lt Match first joined the group. He then listens to Garruck's report, nodding through it.

Finally when the questions come, he speaks up to answer some of them, even providing the name of the dead Tauren.

"It seems that all of the cultists have the Black Dragon tattoo on them somewhere, so it should be relatively easy to root them out via a search, though it'd take a long time."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:51 pm

Lt. Match nods to the goblin, "Madaggan huh? I have heard that name before, its the name of a Black Dragon reported by a few other patrols. No doubt that's who you saw flying over the marches." He then points at the Tauren, and nods, "A tattoo huh? Good work, that will make it easier to locate and remaining cultists." He then replys it Lugar, "Keep whatever you found for yourselves, its for a job well done, I also have some coins for your pay, the Horde rewards those that go above and beyond. Did you find any items of real interest, that perhaps I should know about? Or I could use as further proof for Thrall that these Orcs and Trolls were in fact the same ones that were at the wedding, besides their heads of course?" He grins widely obviously very happy to have all the heads on a spike out front of the building.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

DoomulusPrime
Level 12
Level 12

Post by DoomulusPrime » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am

Garruk nods at Match, having nearly forgotten in his haste. He reaches into his packs and produces the small black dragon figurine that the Trolls had used in their escape. He sets it on the table with an audible "clack", and nods his head at the Lieutenant. "From the wedding. Most everyone should recognize that."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:28 pm

Lt. Match's eyes light up a mix of anger and saddness at seeing the thing that cause the death of one of his men. "Oger's Arse!" He stands up a bit worried the thing might explode or go off again, "Good work, you did an excellent job, there is no doubt now that you all did a great job. I'll take this and have it sent to the proper authories, and dealt with as well as look into the Forsaken's envolvement in all of this. I think you all did a wonderful job, and I might just have another job for Orcs (and Goblin and Tauren) as resourceful as you all. However first, I think you deserve a rest and some relaxation."

"Tomorrow night, show up at the Drunken Furbolg, I think a feast in your honor is in order!" Lt. Match then goes about arranging delievery of the statue to the authories, your reward (100 gps each), and a feast to be held in your honor at the local feast hall the Drunken Furbolg as well as healing and magical services. Rumors instantly begin to circulate that Thrall himself may attend the feast since he's in town already.

Only one thing remains to finish before things are complete. Ogbar has a collection of items, and body of a fellow Tauren that need to be delt with. The Grisling family can be located in the small Tauren outpost here in Ratchet on the edge of town.
Main Question: Complete - Return with proof of the traitors envolvment with the Black Dragonflight. You defeated the traitor Orcs and Trolls, uncovered the Forsaken leading them, and returned with the Statue that started it all.
Basically once we resolve Redsnout, you will all get some R&R until the feast tomorrow night. In the mean time, full healing, access to training baracks, and magical divination on all your items. I'll update your sheets, and send out emails/PMs about what your items are for you.

If I haven't got your Leveled up Character Sheet yet, -- Grim, Lugar, Ogbar. Now is the time before the next adventure begins. Nice work all. Party time!

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:07 pm

Ogbar nods as the Lt goes about his way. He then looks at his companions. "One more thing to clear up from this previous trip. Would you guys mind helping me to return the body and belongings of Redsnout to his family?"

3rd-I
Level 5
Level 5

Post by 3rd-I » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:28 am

Gizzik leaps back to his feet again and nods in agreement at his comrade.

"Of course, good thinking my friend! There could be some sort of reward, lets go!"