Chapter 1: A Delicate Peace

The Burning Legion is defeated, Arthas sits on the Frozen Throne in Northrend, and Jaina Proudmore and Warchief Thrall have escaped to Kalimdor and formed a shaky truce with each other and the newly discovered Night Elves. Adventure awaits as the events of Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne are over, and new heroes rise from the aftermath of the Third War.Based on the hugely popular Warcraft series of games, the World of Warcraft RPG (Revised Edition) is an exploration into Azeroth like never before.Run by the DM Vardaen
Shinling
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Chapter 1: A Delicate Peace

Post by Shinling » Fri May 01, 2009 4:35 am

Grim stands as Lt. Match leaves. "Aye... rest..." He begins scanning the room for a fine piece of Orc... or as fine as they come anyhow. "heh, Rest" He then remembers Redsnout. He looks to the horned furry companion, "Aye, it would be an honor, brother". He helps Ogbar with what ever he needs.
"The Clock of Life is Wound But Once"
-Some Old Guy
-Shinling

DoomulusPrime
Level 12
Level 12

Post by DoomulusPrime » Fri May 01, 2009 6:54 am

Garruk stands and nods solemnly to Ogbar. "Yes, of course. We should do that with all haste, so respects can be paid. We should also see Fiir, if she is in town. We should extend to her an invitation to the feast, so we may present to her the head of Grit's assassin. Perhaps the knowledge that her mate is avenged will help her in these dark times. That said, I'd also like to get some practice time in with this accursed ensorcelled Theramore pig-sticker before long, too. If I have to use a human weapon in combat, at least I ought to wield it like an orc!" The orc warrior stands up and readies their packs.

Illeveun
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Illeveun » Fri May 01, 2009 8:41 am

Lugar says, "It would be an honor to return the body of this unfortunate Tauren to his family." He checks his gear out of habit, but it is a useless gesture-fresh from the field there is no need to check the equipment which you've just used without harm.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri May 01, 2009 10:17 pm

The group then moves from the hut to the Tauren outpost on the edge of town. It doesn't take Ogbar long to locate and request a meeting with the Grisling family that is here in Ratchet.

You soon find yourselves stand out in an open air pen of Kodos, the heavy beasts of burden used on Kalimdor milling about at the far end of the pen. Standing before the group are two large Tauren, both painted with symbols of mourning, black painted horns, and small bones dangling from their belts. The lead among them bellows in its low voice, "Ish-ne-alo por-ah young shaman. You return from your travel. What news have you of our tribesman?" The large tauren folds his arms over his chest as he addressed Ogbar only glancing at the rest of you momentarily.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Sat May 02, 2009 6:10 am

Ogbar's face drops a bit, though it is hard to tell with the facial features of a cow.

"We have determined the outcome of what happened to Redsnout Grisling. Sadly, he can no longer walk among us, but he has been returned so that the proper rituals may be followed for him."

He waits for the mourning Tauren to reply before continuing.
I don't know what Ish-ne-alo por-ah actually means, and a quickie search didn't pop it out. If it is a ritual form of greeting or something like that or has an appropriate response, Ogbar would definitely return it.

Shinling
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Shinling » Sun May 03, 2009 11:50 pm

Grim stands out side the home and meeting not moving around. He tries to respect the mourning Taurens and the fact that he is a guest on their land.
"The Clock of Life is Wound But Once"
-Some Old Guy
-Shinling

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon May 04, 2009 10:17 pm

http://www.wowwiki.com/Language#Horde_languages

Bren you might also enjoy this link:
http://www.wowwiki.com/Tauren

"Ish-ne-alo por-ah, may the Earthmother smile upon you. "
The large bull dips his horns low, a worried looks crosses the Tauren's face as he hears of Redsnout's passing. "Tell me young shaman of Redsnouts tale." He snots once, steam and snot blows from his nose.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Illeveun
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Illeveun » Mon May 04, 2009 11:21 pm

Lugar keeps his head down low, assuming one of the traditional postures of mourning. It would not be wise to act in any other way in the land of the Tauren, and so he stays quiet while these bullmen converse among themselves.

DoomulusPrime
Level 12
Level 12

Post by DoomulusPrime » Tue May 05, 2009 4:00 am

Garruk stands at attention in respect for the fallen warrior they now return to their brethren. He allows Ogbar to do the talking, ignorant as he is of the customs of Thrall and Vol'jin's mighty and bovine allies.

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Tue May 05, 2009 7:00 pm

Ah, cool. Thanks for the links, V. Made note of them and will read when I get more time.
Ogbar nods at the other's command. "I do not know all of Redsnout's tale. I only know of the tale from what I learned during wedding feast of Grit Stoneguts." He takes a deep breath at this, even mentioning the name of his former Captain is enough to cause the memories of the terrible events come flooding back to him.

"I had heard that he'd gone missing and vowed to keep an eye out for any information that I could find about him. Anyways, we had a mission to undertake. One that would have us crossing paths with the previous trail of Redsnout Grisling."

Ogbar then goes on to relate some information about the cave, though not going into too much detail about the opponents, other than to mention that they were Black Dragon clan and that they were responsible for the problems at the wedding reception. He finally gets to the part about where they found Redsnout and relates that they exterminated everyone responsible for the act.