Chapter 2: Unearthing the Past

The Burning Legion is defeated, Arthas sits on the Frozen Throne in Northrend, and Jaina Proudmore and Warchief Thrall have escaped to Kalimdor and formed a shaky truce with each other and the newly discovered Night Elves. Adventure awaits as the events of Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne are over, and new heroes rise from the aftermath of the Third War.Based on the hugely popular Warcraft series of games, the World of Warcraft RPG (Revised Edition) is an exploration into Azeroth like never before.Run by the DM Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: The Doors of Bael Modan

Post by Vardaen » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:52 pm

The statue speaks in reply to Garruk, its voice is montone, showing no emotion in its words. "My master is the titan Khaz'goroth the facility overser. I speak of Bael Modan of course, these halls that you have entered are Khaz'goroth's domain." He motions at the doors to the side to inidcate that Bael Modan extends forward beyond this chamber but not back the way you came.

The statue stands there willing to speak further it seems, but with a watchful eye on everyone in the chamber.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:42 pm

Ogbar does not move his feet, only his head to look at the room. He does not wish to end up like the ugly Troggs and be a skeleton gracing the floor of this wondrous place for eternity.

"This Bael Modan is an amazing place. I would love to see more of it. When is the Master expected to return that we might attempt to gain permission?"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:03 pm

Archeras turns his head to regard the Tauren, "Yes, the facility was once very impressive. The quaking of the earth has caused many changes however." It continues to speak plainly to Ogbar, "The master left me in charge 105,789 years, 4 months, and 6 days ago. I do not know when he plans to return."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

DoomulusPrime
Level 12
Level 12

Post by DoomulusPrime » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:59 am

Garruk takes several moments to wrap his orcish brain around the number Archeras utters...

"That's... a long time. I doubt he'll be dropping in to feed his pets any time soon then... what's so important here that needs a guardian for that long?"

pygmaelion
Level 11
Level 11

Post by pygmaelion » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:31 pm

With a brutally thick orcish twang, Grim gives the Horde Common tongue a try.

"Archeras, We found a Stumpy Dwarf tryin' to get here, He had a book and an axe and all... we wanted to get here b'fore them, in case they were trying to steal things."

Carefully chosing his next words, he continues.

"Will you allow us to search your Master's place to be sure they haven't tunnelled their way in? Awful Tunnellers they are... they'll sap anything. We to are defenders, we fight for the land above this place... Let us aid you in defending this place against the bearded menace!"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:31 pm

Archeras speaks to Garruk first, "My master has ordered me to stand guard awaiting his return. The libarary and spawning chambers demand protection so I give them it." The statue looks to Grim, "Dwarf? I do not know this term."

The statue guardian shakes his head in a rather slow motion, "Only my master can authorize access to the other chambers. You may wait outside for his return. Do not attempt to move further or I shall take action against you."

Gizzik tugs on Garruk's armor, "Hey boss, this things a statue, you ain't going to get much reason out of it. Gollums and such ain't smart, dey follow orders and that's it."

Lugar looks at Garruk and Gizzik and nods in the goblin's assessment. "It has waited around over one hundred thousand years already, I doubt it's going to simply give in now that we showed up."

DoomulusPrime
Level 12
Level 12

Post by DoomulusPrime » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:32 am

Garruk scratches his head, confused. "Huh," he grunts while staring at the giant stature, sizing it up in his Warrior's mind while mulling over whether this is something to do in a small warband.

"We... should probably go. The caravan is waiting. We'll talk about this once we hit open sky..."

pygmaelion
Level 11
Level 11

Post by pygmaelion » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:28 pm

Switching his view quickly between the Statue, the yet unopened doors, and the doors they entered through, Grim sees no alternative save to leave, and hopefully come back later.

At any rate, nobody else is going to get in here before the Titans do... neither Dwarves nor Trogs nor Centaurs... Whatever secret treasures the beardlooker of Bael Modan hoped to find before the Warg got him would keep until they could return.

Easing his weapons, he moves back toward the main door of the chamber, and into the pit outside, awaiting the rest of his climbing crew.

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:10 pm

Ogbar notes Grim's departure, thinking about leaving himself. He looks around the room a bit more, trying to figure out where the Troggs came from, looking for open doors or cracks. Not having much luck, he decides to ask the statue. Motioning towards the Trogg skeletons, he speaks "Where did those come from? They left through the doors behind us."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:58 pm

The group is getting ready to leave when Ogbar asks his question. The statue point at the northern doors, one of them is wedged open just wide enough for an Orc or a Trogg to fit through. "The First Creations came from out of there. They were not authorized to travel these halls so I killed them all." His voice is plain and emotionless.

Lugar's eyes narrow, "You killed them all?"

The Archeras statue confirms, "No. Some of them escaped my vigilance, but they have not returned."

Lugar shrugs, "When was that?"

The statue touches a gem on his arm, "11 Months, 23 Days, and 4 hours ago."

Gizzit is taking notes this whole time on the statues appearance, manner, gems in its arms and times and dates he's giving. "Hey Boss, you sure we can't explore this place? I would sure be great to see the birthplace of the Troggs, a real Titan workshop!" He's as eager as any Dwarf might be.