Interlude Chapters 2-3: A Side Venture

The Burning Legion is defeated, Arthas sits on the Frozen Throne in Northrend, and Jaina Proudmore and Warchief Thrall have escaped to Kalimdor and formed a shaky truce with each other and the newly discovered Night Elves. Adventure awaits as the events of Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne are over, and new heroes rise from the aftermath of the Third War.Based on the hugely popular Warcraft series of games, the World of Warcraft RPG (Revised Edition) is an exploration into Azeroth like never before.Run by the DM Vardaen
Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Returned to Crossroads

Post by Brennor » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:37 pm

Ogbar nods. "Harq's first makes sense. Let's lose some load."

As the group enters, he looks around, looking at the display of Harq's finest, specifically checking for any spears among his work. He'll be asking about it later, but Talonbreaker business first.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:56 pm

Zak'tir looks back and forth around Crossroads as they enter the town. It having been some time since he'd been here. "Some tings nevah change," he says. "Yoo know if dat bar wit' da broken spear still be heah?"

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:21 am

Lugar smiles at the troll, "Ya's man, da bar stills bein' here! Got'sa some coins to be buyin' ya a few mugs wit, if ya game?"

He follows the rest into Harq's and drops the one huge claw of Dunestalker's that he's been lugging around. "Thank the ancestors I dunno have ta carry dat around no longer!"
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:34 pm

The group piles into Harq's forge. The Orc has a small tent set up with supplies and a cot, but mostly he works in the open air, the forge is hot, putting off so much heat that having it inside would likely little the Orc in the already hot Barrens. As you all belly up to the smiths and drop off tons of Scorpid shells, heavy armors and other loot the Orc stalks out of his tent with narrowed eyes "Well well well! If it ain't da Talonbreakers!" He has a small stall set up as well that he hangs pieces of armor and weapons on he sells and he slams both elbows on the counter and looks over at the pile of shells. "Scorpid shells! And a lot of them! Excellent." The smith comes from around the stall and picks up some of the shells and turns them over. "Nice, these are prefect." His eyes go wide at the sight of the massive claw, "Now there is a big one!" He inspects the claw and other shells, "Perfect. You have enough here for two sets of armor if you like. Now then Grim, you have Garruk tell me what you want made and I'll make it. Where is the old Sarge anyhow?" He hasn't noticed the new rank on Grim's shoulder yet.
We'll deal with the shells first, then the other loot.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:05 pm

Ogbar grins at Harq's exclamation about all of the scorpid shells. "There are alot of them. They were hard-won, too." He glances side-long at Grim. "The Sarge here can fill you in." If Harq is quick, he'll pick up on the Sarge comment before Grim even gets to tell a tale.

pygmaelion
Level 11
Level 11

Post by pygmaelion » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:00 am

Grim sways in place, taking in Harq's inquiry.

"I'm runnin' this outfit now. Garruk went out on his feet, that's for damned sure. I'll tell you 'bout it in due course. Be honored if you'd join us at the tavern, any tales you might tell in his mem'ry'd do him proud.

I'm takin' a suit of that armor for m'self, so fit one up fer me... And if we gots enough for a second, we're gonna have ta sort out if it's good fer Shamans, Healers, Shootin' arrows, or pukin' musket balls. "
I plan to take one of these Armors for Grim... I've been going spare of loot for a bit, figuring this'd be the pay off.
If this counts as natural armor, it probably makes sense for Lugar to take it, so long as that doesn't count against spells.
Most armors play hell with Dex mods, so I'm guessing our Ranged Contingent isn't going to take it on. I know that Gizzik is without a player right now, but in storyline, he's not left yet.
Revealing the Theramore shard from his pouch, BlackBlade adds "Found us a fancy stick, thought maybe this'd be a good spear head to put on it... Last weapon Garruk ever wielded. Part o' the thing anyhow... spent it hard taking down the vermin attached to that claw. "

Motioning to Ogbar to provide the Brightwood spear, Grim concludes "Talonbreakers, I wanna hear why each of you oughta have this suit of landcrab plate. If ya don't want it, I don't wanna hear... Speak up."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:51 am

"Well, I know I be da nooest fellah tah join dah Talonbrakahs," Zak'tir says. "But I heah dat a smith could be makin' scorpid shells intah very light armah that don't hurt a troll's movement none. Dat'd be just da ting fer a guy like me dat's gotta move quick like."

He looks over at the smith. "Dat somtin' yoo could do?"
I think V said that it might be made into armor with a very high max Dex bonus. If that's the case, Zak'tir would be interested. If not, though, then Grim is right, Zaktir would have no desire for it.

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:03 am

Lugar nods at the Troll's words. The shaman stays quiet, not putting in his words or suggestions. For him, it's a spirtual and practical understanding that he hasn't earned it. The others fight tooth and nail, often being wounded to epic proportions, while he stays back and lets them do alot of fighting. No, Lugar has not earned such an honor as that.
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

pygmaelion
Level 11
Level 11

Post by pygmaelion » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:27 pm

"Good 'nuf... One for me, One for Zak'tir..."

Taking the brightwood staff from Ogbar, and holding it out to Harq along with the theramore shard, Grim continues...

"This 'ere relic of Garruk's sword, and this fancy stick'd make a fine spear, wouldn' you think?... I can't figure a better way to honor 'im than stabbin' enemies inna face. Whadda ya make of it? Can it be done?"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:37 pm

Harq sets the Scorpid shell down, "Alright a light suit for the troll here..." he nods to the Troll he's never met, "... and a night heavy suit for you Grim?" He doesn't bring up Garruk again having got Grim's meaning about where Garruk is now.

He takes the spearshaft and the blade shard. "Should be easy enough, this'ere bright wood is a rare enough wood. Rare enough that if a Night Elf sees you with it, it could cause some trouble, but you Tauren would know that already." He takes the sword shard and turns it over in his hand a few times, "Still holding its enchantment, nice and strong."

He then reaches under the counter, "Oh yeah Grim, finished up your axe for you. Fine blade even if it was forged by the Stumpy Dwarves." He hands the heavy dwarven war ax to Grim, the edge on it glinting in the sunlight, clearly sharp as a razor. "Now about that other stuff. I'll give you fair market value for any weapons and armor you want to sell back tothe Horde too."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring