Interlude Chapters 2-3: A Side Venture

The Burning Legion is defeated, Arthas sits on the Frozen Throne in Northrend, and Jaina Proudmore and Warchief Thrall have escaped to Kalimdor and formed a shaky truce with each other and the newly discovered Night Elves. Adventure awaits as the events of Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne are over, and new heroes rise from the aftermath of the Third War.Based on the hugely popular Warcraft series of games, the World of Warcraft RPG (Revised Edition) is an exploration into Azeroth like never before.Run by the DM Vardaen
pygmaelion
Level 11
Level 11

Re: Returned to Crossroads

Post by pygmaelion » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:11 pm

Nodding at Harq's correct assessment of the Armor situation, Grim takes the Dwarven Axe into his hands...

"Work Complete, f'r sure..." He marvels at the smooth biting edge that the Smith has worked into the head, and the bolstered haft.

Pulling his 2 handed axe, One handed axe, Old Shield, Masterwork Hammer, and masterwork Banded Mail out of the heap of goods he has ammassed, He lays them out for Harq to look over.

"Likewise we got some other kit in our travels, but like in our agreement, we're only sellin' the good stuff to you here... Got a fair offer for it in Durotar, but turned it down on account of our fondness for ya"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:48 pm

Harq looks the items over, "Fine suit of Splint Mail here, and this hammer, both worth a good amount." He checks over some of the other things, and eventually Garruk's Banded Mail reaches his eyes. "Now I sold this to the Talonbreakers not but a week or so ago. What are all these burn marks on it! My uncle isn't a two headed ogre magi, but Ic an tell magical damage when I see it." He glances at the metal shard of Garruk's sword and puts two and two together. "Alright, let me see. 100, plus 45, carry 9, count for wear and tear...I'll give you 678 gold for the whole pile."
So this includes all mundane items on the loot sheet minus the food, cause you can always use the food. That includes all of garruk's stuff, the masterwork items Grim has lugged (which he's giving you a better price for than at the other place!).

PLEASE check the loot sheet for a few potions and items to sort out. I want to see that sheet empty before you leave Crossroads again.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:23 am

"We were ill meetin' sum pink skins on da road. Dey were thinkin' they had sum rights ta the shipments and ta our hides. Had a little tussle, but ol' sarge and the rest of us let Thunderbuns know all different like. He ain't be holdin' up the road no more." Lugar is amazed at the gold they're recieving as of late. His whole tribe, when he was little, never would of had so much as Harq's offering them now.
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:12 pm

Harq smiles at Lugar, "So Lt Match was right in sending you all along with that Caravan of pointy noses." He glances at Gizzik, "No offence." Gizzik shrugs and hangs his head low, he wanders off and sits saddly on a stump. He just hasn't seemed himself lately.

Harq then realizes that he didn't calculate in the axes that Grim has offered up. "Oh these too Grim? Going to put all your faith in this dwarfy blade then?" He refigures the math, "That adds some more to the pot."
Okay I forgot about Grim's axes when I did the math. See the OOC Loot for some info
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:09 pm

Pyg/Grim is on vacation all week so I'll RP him. Trogdor should be back today.
Grim watches as Gizzik wanders off, "Something not right with that goblin." He points at Lugar, "Find out what is wrong with Gizzik, he hasn't been the same since Garruk died. Leave anything you are selling here, I'll sort that out. Meet back up at the Cracked Spear Tavern!"

Grim them works with Harq to sort out the coins and the goods. The details might take a little while, Orc haggling isn't a simple sort of thing. "Ogbar, you can Zak'tir find Lt.Match, or do whatever you need to do to get gear, we are low on food and I want to make sure everyone is restocked." He glances at the sky, "Everyone has two hours, then be at the Cracked Spear. Smogu?"

Everyone should understand.
Alright if you want to do any town things, we'll gloss over them at this point. Just PM me buy lists or additonal sell lists. I'll update sheets today with stuff I want to resolve the loot sheet/thread ASAP. Then head to the tavern.

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:04 pm

Ogbar nods and then makes to depart with Zak'tir. "A bit more time before you reach that spear tavern you are so fond of, Zak'tir. Gots to get some food. I ran out on the way back. More food would be good."

He takes off with the Troll, looking for a place to resupply foodstocks at (for the whole party). While out, he also keeps an eye open for anything interesting that should strike his fancy.

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:32 pm

Lugar heads over towards the goblin and stnads next to him for a moment or two before speaking. "Lil' orc, what be on your mind? The sgt's death be wreckin' us all, but ya be lookin like someone made off with yer trust fund..."
I called the minor healing draught and the potion of roar.

If anyone wants tese, say it and they're yours...
Last edited by jigglypuff69 on Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:06 pm

Zak'tir heads out with Ogbar. "Yoo be knowin' thah way tah get a troll tah follow yoo," he says with a smile. "Just mention food and yoo've got him on thah hook."
I have to check Zak'tir's gear and what his share of the take was. But I'll probably want some replacement arrows and maybe a tanglefoot bag or the like. Trolls have good throwing arms.

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:06 pm

Ogbar lets out a grunting laugh at Zak'tir's comment. "Works on me too!"

He looks around the crossroads, looking for a likely candidate to obtain the necessary food.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:14 pm

Ogbar and Zak'tir head off to the various open air markets of Crossroads. This isn't Ogbar's first trip here so it doesn't take him and the troll long to locate some stalls and to begin to do some shoping. There are various merchants selling leather goods, smoked meats, and various general goods including some alchemical items being sold by a small goblin working an oversized stall.

Lugar finds Gizzik skulking away just sort of wandering down the road randomly. He pulls Gizzik up short and the goblin looks up through sad eyes. "Da Sarge saved my life, he got me out of that dungeon, gave me a new chance. Now heees dead, now heees just gone. Gizzik sad for the Sarge, just not right." he wrings his hands together, "Lugar, listen ta Gizzik. I am happy to be a Talonbreaker, to be with you all, but Gizzik is scared to death about turning out like Garruk. I'm small you know, I'm easily hurt, and well I don't think the Sarge saved my life so I could through it away. I think... well I think I have to leave." He plops down on a rock, "I want to invent stuff, make tha boomy-sounds and be around other goblins." He draws out one of Mechmeddle's Tooth and Tusk Cleaner, a steam powered toothbrush that the group helped him recover when they found him locked up in the dungeons of the rogue Orcs of the Black Dragonflight. "See dis? Dis is what Gizzik want to do. I don't want to be a little orc, I want to be a goblin inventor. I can't do that if I git killed going on adventures with you all. Maybe... maybe you not notice if Gizzik leave to go invent and do something with his second life?"