Interlude Chapters 2-3: A Side Venture

The Burning Legion is defeated, Arthas sits on the Frozen Throne in Northrend, and Jaina Proudmore and Warchief Thrall have escaped to Kalimdor and formed a shaky truce with each other and the newly discovered Night Elves. Adventure awaits as the events of Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne are over, and new heroes rise from the aftermath of the Third War.Based on the hugely popular Warcraft series of games, the World of Warcraft RPG (Revised Edition) is an exploration into Azeroth like never before.Run by the DM Vardaen
pygmaelion
Level 11
Level 11

Re: The Cracked Spear

Post by pygmaelion » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:45 pm

Sucking his tusks, and grimacing slightly, Grim slumps slightly.

"He's got his own mind, and it'd be unfair to change it on 'im... I could pull rank and force 'im to muster up when we roll out... but last couple of missions we had? I doubt I could force him to give a damn. Whole caravan fulla goblins at ambush pass didn't even care to aim. They was just spendin' bolts and hidin... and I won't ask any Orc to tarnish their battle record like that."

Regarding the waste pit, Grim makes for his codpiece. Apparently his excuse to leave the table for private conversation is more than just an alibi.

"If that's how it is, then that's how it is, m'gonna handle this business, and then wash my hands of it. We'll make certain Gizzik takes his share b'fore we go, and then be on our way".

~~moments later~~

Grim arrives back at the Talonbreakers table, wiping his mitts on his breeches.

"Whozzat? Bael Modan, eh? "

Taking a look at Lt. Match's nodding head for confirmation, Sgt. Blackblade smirks "Well then... Looks like our fortunes is lookin' up... We found something so good, they sent us twice!"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

The End

Post by Vardaen » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:26 pm

Match pushes a mug across the table at Grim, "Drink up seargent, I was just telling your Talonbreakers that in two days you muster out back to Bael Modan. You are to clear the creautre Archeras however you can, and explore the rest of the ruins. After you secure the area once more, a caravan of Peons and Grunts, with supplies to establish a base will be rolling in." He point at the Tauren, "Ogbar mentioned the Kolkar could be trouble, pacify them, by whatever means you deem worthy of the Horde." Everyone knows he means slaughter the troublesome horsemen.

"Enjoy Crossroads while you can, cause I have a feeling you'll be in Bael Modan for a long time coming!"
Techincally the chapter is at an end! Feel free to just RP through the rest of the night drinking and stuff. I'll start the next chapter soon, two days later before you muster out. If you want to do any shoping, just do so. You'll get your armors before you leave as well.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Re: The End

Post by jigglypuff69 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:09 pm

"I'm so ins on this, sarge. Can't wait to haves a second-like go at the Bael's!" Raising his mug, Lugar simply says, "For the Talonbreakers and our Sarge!" Taking a big gulp, he leans over to Lt. Match and says something to him, not for the other's ears, but impoortant none the less..
Vardaen- I give the 300 gp bonus I was going to get from the head guy and give it to Gizzik to help start up his shop. Got a soft spot for the lil' goblin!
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

pygmaelion
Level 11
Level 11

Re: The End

Post by pygmaelion » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:58 pm

Raising a tankard to himself, Grim troubles his gullet to receive the delightful ale he's been carefully metering out to himself.

"And here's to the mission ahead... For which I got an especial idea... Gizzik, I'd be more't honored if you'd find yourself a spot on the merchant caravan ta come behind us. It's only fair you should get a hunk of whatever loot AcheyArse has been guarding, on account of we'd nevera found it without ya.

We all seen how them caravans conduct themselves... They need a Talonbreaker with em at all times.

I ain't inclined to hear different."

Hoisting his mug again, Grim shouts "To the last copper in the Titan's holds! We'll shatter their doors and plunder their gold!"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

The End

Post by Vardaen » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:17 pm

Gizzik has been sitting dejectly at the table sipping his ale, his nose all covered in foam. With the words from Match and then Grim he perks up. "Oh yeah boss? Yeah, I could oversee the caravan, the supplies and the goods, and make sure things are all in order when they arrive." He looks at Lugar nodding happily. "I'll gladly help out." At some point the little goblin's mood changes when he realizes he won't be on the front lines anymore, but he'll still be helping the Talonbreakers, and once a new base is made, he can set up shop -- the first one -- and help run things properly.
This works out great. Gizzik can remain a Talonbreaker working in the base, helping the caravan, running a shop and you get a nice NPC who is your best of friend, and dedicated to working with you. Your own Goblin tinker/merchant to start your base with, and Gizzik won't be getting shot at! Win-win.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring