Chapter 3: Securing Bael Modan

The Burning Legion is defeated, Arthas sits on the Frozen Throne in Northrend, and Jaina Proudmore and Warchief Thrall have escaped to Kalimdor and formed a shaky truce with each other and the newly discovered Night Elves. Adventure awaits as the events of Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne are over, and new heroes rise from the aftermath of the Third War.Based on the hugely popular Warcraft series of games, the World of Warcraft RPG (Revised Edition) is an exploration into Azeroth like never before.Run by the DM Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Boulder Elemental: Round 2

Post by Vardaen » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:24 pm

Round 2 Grim 22, Ogbar 14, Buuba 12, Zak 9, Lugar 6, Elemental 2

Just be aware that targeting the crytsal is -4 Called Shot, but has no DR. Its base AC as you've discovered is 20+
Buuba's mind races as he sets an arrow on the string. Gnomes, Elementals, all manner of other things. Whatever happen to shooting humans? He draws back, waits for an opening and fires a glancing shot off the crystal in the chest of the living boulder. The arrow chips the glass but doesn't do much more than that.
buuba: Shoot Crystal Shield (-4) PBS: 22 Hit for 3 Dmg
Then the boulder turns away from Ogbar and looks to bash in Grim's head. It puts all it has into the attack, not really knowing the meaning of restraint. It slugs its fist over Grim's head as the exhausted Orc ducks just in time to avoid the blow. A second fist comes racing down at Grim who lifts his shield and blocks with a resounding *THUNK* as stone strikes steel. Staggering back a few steps the Sarge is rattled a bit but not hurt from the attack.
Boulder: Power Attack (6): 9 Miss, 16 Miss
Round 3 Grim 22, Ogbar 14, Buuba 12, Zak 9, Lugar 6, Elemental 2

Ogbar is stable but can't act unless healed so taking him out of the init for now kinda.
Grim counter attacks with the Trolls hot on his heels...
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Gunslinger

Post by Chanur » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:01 pm

Grim weary but knowing this foe must fall before he can rest battles on.

"Target the crystal , its the only non rock part on it!"
I am not sure how tall this is, I will attack the crystal if I can reach with my axe, if not use Axe and shield on it as normal.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:53 pm

Round 3 Grim 22, Ogbar 14, Buuba 12, Zak 9, Lugar 6, Elemental 2
Grim calls out to target the crystal and he does just that. Holding his shield only for defense he focuses on striking the crumbling glass in the chest of the boulder elemental. He is exhausted, but he fights on strong, as any Talonbreker should. He manages to chop into the gem, break off a hunk, and send eletrical sparks up and down its elemental body.
Grim Attack Crystal: 21 Hit for 6 Dmg

Lucky hit there.
Ogbar lays dreaming of rockslides and earthquakes as the trolls fight on...
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:05 pm

"Dat's what I been sayin'," Zak'tir calls out as fires off two more arrows. "Aim fah dah gem."
Full Action: Rapid shot two arrows at the gem in the elemental's chest.

Google Docs updated.
Damn, only 10 arrows left

Wargie
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Wargie » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:13 pm

Buuba'joo takes a few steps closer, raises the bow again attempting to strike the crystal yet again, in hope to finish this elemental off so they can save Ogbar in time. This time though, he draws a fire arrow in hope that it might have that extra edge against the elemental.
Point blank shot, fire arrow.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

It is Raining Pebbles: Combat Over

Post by Vardaen » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:52 pm

The Trolls focus their attacks on the Boulder Elemental as its distracted with Grim. Buuba'joo moves this way, Zak'tir moves that way. A flaming arrow is fired that strikes the crystal and hits hard, a blast of flame and a spark of magic ripples over the things body. Zak's first arrow misses but his second one finds its mark and strikes into the crystal, now so damaged that when Zak's arrow strikes it actuall penetrates deep into the things chest cavity and shatters the inner power. The Boulder Elemental shudders and then explodes in a ball of blue eletrical power. The expolosion is so strong that Grim is knocked back off his feet an skids to a hualt fifteeen feet from where he started. A small hail of pebbles and glass falls about the area rittling Ogbar's prone form and bringing the Tauren to the brink!

Two larger hunks of crystal fall to the earth. The larger of the two is about the side of a helmet, and it flickers with energy, the other piece is dagger sized and also sparks.
Buuba PBS: Fire Arrow, Called Shot: 24 Hit for 7 + 2 Fire = 9 Total
Zak: PBS: Rapid Shot, Called Shot: 19 Miss, 21 Hit for 7 Dmg = DEAD
Combat Over

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Re: It is Raining Pebbles: Combat Over

Post by Trogdor » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:58 pm

Picking himself up from where he's fallen, Zak'tir rushes over to Ogbar. "Let's be gettin' him potched oop," he says, examining the tauron to see how badly he's injured.

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Gunslinger

Post by Chanur » Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:22 pm

Now that combat is over, exhaustion sets in and Grim stumbles over to Ogbar to make sure hes okay. Putting his weapons away he all but throws himself on the ground next to Ogbar.

"Ogbar stay with us soldier!"

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:23 pm

Lugar picks himself up and puts away the Alcheist's fire he was going to use. He hurries over to Ogbar and pulls out his healer's bag and goes to work. "Be stayin' outta da way. Let me wurk...", he says to the others crowding close. First he patches the Tauren up with salves and herbs and then lays weakly glowing hands on the minotaur...
Use Heal Check on Ogbar, then use ALL my 0-level Cure Minor Wounds on Ogbar. He can then grab out some magic "herbs" from his pouch and smoke.. ah, I mean chew them! :lol:
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:46 pm

Lugar pushes through the Sarge and the acting Sarge up to Ogbar. The downed Tauren needs a healing spell now. So Lugar casts his minor curative on him and that stables the cow man making you all feel a bit better. Then Lugar works to bandage Ogbar, applying herbs and bandages intermingled with minor cure prayers. After the Orc Shaman sits back he looks at Ogbar who is opening his eyes, alive and awake once more.
Cure Minor Wounds +5 HPs
Heal Check: 24 vs 20 Ogbar Healed 1/Lv = 4

Ogbar @ 4/44 HPs

I think Ogbar needs some damn armor points, he's gone down a few times now.