Chapter 4: Survival in the Barrens

The Burning Legion is defeated, Arthas sits on the Frozen Throne in Northrend, and Jaina Proudmore and Warchief Thrall have escaped to Kalimdor and formed a shaky truce with each other and the newly discovered Night Elves. Adventure awaits as the events of Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne are over, and new heroes rise from the aftermath of the Third War.Based on the hugely popular Warcraft series of games, the World of Warcraft RPG (Revised Edition) is an exploration into Azeroth like never before.Run by the DM Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Camp Taurajo: Taruk Duststrider

Post by Vardaen » Mon May 21, 2012 6:41 pm

Luigar pushes open the gate and strides into the kodo pen. That seems a mistake almost instantly. The massive kodo begin to snort and get riled up. They start mooing, and moving about, and Lugar get's the real sense real fast that they might be a bit more agitated then is good for his health. One moves attempting to cross the pen and nearly bumps into him. All the while a circle of calm remains around Master Taruk in the middle of the pen.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Mon May 21, 2012 6:55 pm

Zak'tir stays at the edge of the pen, waiting to see if there's trouble - not that he could do much if there was. But at least he wants to know if he needs to get out of the way of a stampede.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu May 24, 2012 5:50 pm

Lugar starts across the pen, the Kodo become agitated toward him. The Shaman holds his hands out to calm the beasts but they start to snort and buck. With no skill with such animals Lugar quickly realizes he's in trouble. A large cow comes charging forward and knocks into him sending him falling to the dirt. In trouble of being trampled Lugar looks up as a pair of Kodo start toward him. Just before he's crushed under their massive hooves there is a loud ear piercing whistle. The two kodo come to a halt only feet from trampling Lugar. Master Taruk is still seated where he was, "They don't like you Orc. Luckily for you I don't judge someone based on their smell. Come, sit with me." He looks over at Grim and Zak'tir at the fence, "You too, I won't bite." He points a grizzled old Kodo, "That one might however, steer clear of her."
Handle Animal: Untrainted: 13 vs 18 Fail.

Lugar takes 10 Nonlethal damage from being knocked about. This will heal in a few hours even if you don't take actions to heal it.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Gunslinger

Post by Chanur » Fri May 25, 2012 10:02 am

Grim gives a tusky uncharacteristic grin and moves into the pen towards the kodo master. Giving Lugar a hand he helps him up. "That is a fine trick you have there Master Taruk. We need someone trained like you."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Fri May 25, 2012 7:28 pm

"Ya, Zak'tir adds wee bee needin' a tahren tah bee tendin' ahr new herd."

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Sat May 26, 2012 11:37 pm

Lugar steches his bruised muscles a bit as he sits down. "I ain't be insultin' dem kodo... why dey don't like meh?", he asks as they sit down. "Been traveling wit a Tauren long 'nughf ta have some rubbed off on meh."
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon May 28, 2012 8:07 pm

Taruk sniffs, "You smell of Orc and something else." He sniffs, "Fishmen, Murloc, yes that is it." He waves a hand as if yo say how cares. "You need someone else me is it?" He is speaking to Grim, "I can not leave my herd, these are my kodo, I could never abandon them. Yet if you are looking for some help with your own herd I have several apprentice that are about ready to be on their own. I could arrange for them to help you. Tell me your story and situation."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Tue May 29, 2012 9:55 pm

"Wee gonn fiynd ahselves ah herd ah kodo aout in dah wiylds," Zak'tir replies. "But wee doan' bee havin' noa wonn whott cann be tendin' 'em. Wee bee tinkin' yoo bee aybel tah help us."
Where is everyone? I thought everyone was keen on keeping this game alive.

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Wed May 30, 2012 1:45 am

I'm still here. And posting too...
Lugar raises an arma nd sniff. He doesn't smell anything too bad. Not even the Murlocs. THe Tauren must have a nose like a dire wolf's to be smelling that. "Ain't be smellin' nuffin like dat. Ya sure dey don't like it?"
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Gunslinger

Post by Chanur » Wed May 30, 2012 7:59 am

Holiday weekend and I cant post from work ever since the upgrade a few months back
"We have resettled Bael Modan in the name of The Warchief. Part of this we have taken a Kodo herd, but have no experience with them. We need someone to care for them. Would be a welcome addition to the settlement."