Chapter 4: Survival in the Barrens

The Burning Legion is defeated, Arthas sits on the Frozen Throne in Northrend, and Jaina Proudmore and Warchief Thrall have escaped to Kalimdor and formed a shaky truce with each other and the newly discovered Night Elves. Adventure awaits as the events of Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne are over, and new heroes rise from the aftermath of the Third War.Based on the hugely popular Warcraft series of games, the World of Warcraft RPG (Revised Edition) is an exploration into Azeroth like never before.Run by the DM Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Camp Taurajo: Taruk Duststrider

Post by Vardaen » Thu May 31, 2012 6:12 pm

The Master nods his heavy horned head. "I have two apprentices that need to step out on their own. They are good Tauren, work well with the Kodo, but they need to be out from under my shadow. I shall send them to you." He folds his hands together. "However I want something in return."

There is always a catch.

"To the southwest in the Stonetalon Mountains is small valley where the Kodo go to die. It is a graveyard most holy to both the Kodo and the Tauren. The spirits of the Kodo linger there and from time to time return to the cycle of life by reincarnating into a baby. Recently however a flock of Harpies has defiled the Kodo Graveyard. They pick over the bones and bodies of the dead, they disturb the Kodo spirits, and have even corrupted some to the point that they have become violent. I would ask you to go to the Graveyard, kill these vile Harpies, and find a way to put the angry spirits to rest. Do this and I shall send my apprentices to Bael Modan with my best Bull and two of my best Cows."

New Side Quest: Master Taruk Dustsrider has asked you to go to the Kodo Graveyard near Camp Taurajo and clear out the Harpies that have infested it. Also you must put to rest any angry Kodo spirits you find.

* Kill or Drive Off the Harpies 0/15
* Put the Kodo Spirits to Rest 0/3

Reward: Taruk has promised 2 Apprentices, 1 Bull and 2 Cows to be sent to Bale Modan when this is completed.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Thu May 31, 2012 8:22 pm

"Dot bee soundin' fayah tah mee," Zak'tir says with a nod. But he looks to Grim for final approval.

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:44 am

"Oi, do we's got da time? Can weh be doin' in da harpies and saving da world?", Lugar asks the others.
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Gunslinger

Post by Chanur » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:31 am

"We are in a hurry but I don't see as we have much choice. We will clear this place out, have the apprentices ready to go when we return." Turning to Zak'tir. "Make all preparations we should get this done immediately."
I think we should do it right away so they can go on back to Bael Modan and tend our flock. What do you guys think?

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:56 pm

I agree, the main quest will wait, it is WoW after all ;) Plus when you return all the level up stuff/time passing will have happned
Taruk nods, "Excellent." He then gives you directions to the Kodo graveyard, it is south and west from the camp. From the directions it should be easy enough for you to find.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:39 pm

"Dot saounds goode tah mee," Zak'tir replies. "Ah'll bee gettin' us reddy tah goa den."

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:38 pm

"Kay. I be redah ta go, ta. Let's us bein' bunin' da ugly birds frum da sky.", Lugar says with a smile. It will be nice to fight again and the blood of his ancestors boils with the thought of burning the harpies from the sky.
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:29 am

Master Taruk nods, "Bring me the head of the Harpy Queen, and I'll know you have completed the task." He nods his head and you offer your last parting words. Then you return to the center of the Camp/Village. The only true person of note you haven't spoken too yet is Mistress Nahren Plainsmane, the huntress who works out of the lodge to the south.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:28 pm

"Sholl Aye bee gettin' ahr stuff tagethah?" Zak'tir asks, "ahr shoood wee bee seein' dah huntress first?"
Let's get all the people talked to then start getting ready for our quest.

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Gunslinger

Post by Chanur » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:33 am

"Yes lets see the huntress first Sarge. Lead the way."
Sounds like a plan.