Chapter 4: Survival in the Barrens

The Burning Legion is defeated, Arthas sits on the Frozen Throne in Northrend, and Jaina Proudmore and Warchief Thrall have escaped to Kalimdor and formed a shaky truce with each other and the newly discovered Night Elves. Adventure awaits as the events of Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne are over, and new heroes rise from the aftermath of the Third War.Based on the hugely popular Warcraft series of games, the World of Warcraft RPG (Revised Edition) is an exploration into Azeroth like never before.Run by the DM Vardaen
jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Re: Camp Taurajo: Taruk Duststrider

Post by jigglypuff69 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:38 am

Lugar agrees. Seeing the last Tauren they need to, then getting to dealing with these harpies is as solid a plan as anyone can have. "Let's be goin', den..."
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Camp Taurajo: Hunting Lodge

Post by Vardaen » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:38 pm

The Talonbreakers decide to speak to the Huntress before leaving town, a wise move. So the trio glance about for Ogbar, their own Taurie is MIA, but should be some place, perhaps he's still sorting out that personal matter of his.

Heading into the south side of the camp you find a large hunting lodge set up, a dozen Tauren hunters are lingering about, some sitting and chatting, others practicing with spears and massive greatclub sized totem poles. The hunters watch you with curious eyes as you stride through them into the hunting lodge.

The lodge smells of tanned hides and recent kills, and the massive teepee like building actually has smaller lodges attached to it creating a few smaller rooms off the main one. A fire roars against the already hot Barren's weather and hung from the poles all around are mounted trophies: cougars, wolves, scorpids, thunder lizards, great moa birds, even a few kodo, and some other local beasts.

A few Tauren are in the chamber, they are females, working on taxidermy projects to add to the walls in the chamber. A recent wildkin beast lays before them as they stitch it up and fill it with stuffing. They look up at you and offer polite greetings but go back to work.

Stepping from one of the smaller chambers comes a one eyed Tauren, and older man, who uses a spear like a cane. He is covered in tattoos and branding marks and when his good eye lands on her he gives a snort, "Mo'lasho little brothers, what bring your kind here?" He limps forward to offer you a greeting.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Gunslinger

Re: Camp Taurajo: Hunting Lodge

Post by Chanur » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:53 am

Grim breathes in heavily and smiles ever so slightly at the warrior perfume in the air "Judging by the smell of leather and blood, this must be the Hunting Lodge. I am Stoneguard Grim Blackblade. We request audience with Mistress Nahren Plainsmane. This is my Sargent Zak'tir and my Talonbreaker Lugar."

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:55 am

Lugar nods and gives his respects to the old Tauren. "Da blessin's of da ancestors on ya. frund. We bring peace ta your Huntstress and yer lodge.", he says with a grin and a nod.
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:20 am

Zak'tir nods his greeting to the tauren and takes his place beside Grim.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:29 am

The one eyed Tauren sizes you up, "Friends of the Horde are always welcome here green cousin." He motions for you, "Come she is sitting down to eat, and there is plenty. I am Garbaurn Plainsmane, Mistress Nahren's uncle." He turns and motions for your to follow into the side tent. As you do you find the smaller area much like the larger, filled with hunting gear and trophies of the hunt. Nahren sits cross legged on the ground before a small fire, on it roasts some vegetables and meats, the smell is delightful. The young Taureness looks up as you enter, "And who is this Uncle? Orcs from the Horde? Come to see me, come to seek my aid in some mission is it? Well come, we have plenty to eat if you are hungry, but I do not feed vagabonds and travelers for free. I demand a good story of a hunt against worthy foes. If you have such a tale, enter, sit and eat. If not then I suggest you go to the refreshment lodge and pay for your meal with coin."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:43 pm

Lugar nods to the female Tauren and sits. "I's be tellin ya da story of da greatest hunt, evah...", he says and begins the long and colorful tale of their scorpid hunt, ending it with the greatest death the Horde has even seen and the destruction of a scorpid equal in size to a kodo.

He punctuates the story with jabs of his skered meat and fanciful hand signs. Truly a story of a grat hunt.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:18 pm

"Doan bee fahgettin' dah tayle ah dah brayve Tahlonbraykahs faycin' a hoal trybe ah Kolkah in dey're oawn playnes," Zak'tir adds, smiling a toothy grin. "Wee wuz maykin' pahtroals tah be keepin' Bael Modan sayfe when we dun fiynd dot wee wuz not dah oanly foalks whot colled dah waystes ah hoam. Seams dere wuz a trybe oh dem nosty hoss-men whot toaht dey cood be taykin' dah lond whot dah Hoade gonn an' claymed." He then proceeds to tell - in his own particular dialect - of the attack on the Kolkar outpost. The troll is no bard. And it may be that his tale is filled with a few too many military details for some. But no one can say he doesn't tell his story with enthusiasm.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:52 pm

Nahren listens to the tale of Garruk and the Scorpid King and laughs at times, and jabs the air at others, she is entertained by it, and makes a sign of respect at the end of the story. "A find and grand hunt." The Talonbreakers are finished yet as the Troll Zak'tir relates the story of the Kolkar hunt, an attack on their very camp and the clearing of the Barrens. This she enjoys, the Kolkar and Tauren are foes, but you can see she likes the stories of hunting beasts bit more than the Kolkar. "Excellent tales both! Sit you have earned your meal today." She is free with her food and drink and you chit chat for a bit, she hopes perhaps Grim has a story as well.

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Gunslinger

Post by Chanur » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:11 am

Grim listens and enjoys the stories. He decides to include one himself. "My first hunt alone, barely in my teens, tusks not yet full grown. I was hunting a mighty tusked boar in the wilds outside of razorhill. I entered the woods with my spear and knife. " looking at the members inside the tent he takes a long drink and continues. "Three hours into the hunt I found the tracks. Following them I found a mighty boar with 2 females. He had tusks the length of my arm."

Grim extends his considerable arm "The spear in my hand shaking I stalked my way out of from behind the tree's. The boar saw me and charged almost immediately. I tried to get into thr proper form snd struck out with the spear. In my haste I missed and broke it on the mighty creatures tusk. I moved just in time and was bowled over instead of being gored. Its tusk ripped a long tear down my shoulder and back. I knew then it was him or me. Suddenly my nerves steadied and I drew my knife. By now it has turned and was making another charge." Grim takes another long drink. "I stared charging the beast also and we clashed like titans. My blade darting out overand over the red life warm on my face. When the battle was over I had another wound on my side but the prize was mine. I drug the might creature all the way back to Razorhill. " Grim finishes his drink and nods to his host.