Chapter 1: Trouble with Goblins

What mysteries currently lie in the Western Heartlands? In a large region located in western Faeran, where city-states and hamlets run rampant with no singular government to tie them together, Danger lurks at every turn.

Wilderness threatens to envelope the small farms, and villages throughout the countryside. And the Machinations of corrupt officials threaten the livelihood of villagers and cityfolk alike across the region. The only hope the Heartlands has it the adventurers who flock to the area looking to make a name for themselves, or to fill their pockets with the lost treasures of days forgotten. Run by the DM Nate
Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Re: The Goblin's Home

Post by Shurijo » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:38 am

Tyre leans his back against the wall and tries to catch his breath. After that battle, the young man would like to take a few minutes to rest and recover, but he knows that they may not be fortunate enough to have the extra time to spare. Other goblins may have heard the battle and may soon be joining them.

Galen
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Galen » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:17 am

Maressa yells to Urlath as he runs off.

"Hold up big guy. We need to keep together. Even you could get dragged down by a handfull of these buggers."

She then turns to the others.

"get some rest and make sure we get this gate set up before we move on. I don't want to get trapped down here if we get outnumbered."

At that she slumps against the wall and takes a deep breath.

MindWright
Level 5
Level 5

Post by MindWright » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:10 am

Tavar sighs deeply and once again dispels the spirit calling it back into the hallway, then heals Urlath and Lucan for a surge granting the bonus d6 healing to Berrian each time.
I have lost my character sheet not sure if I have any of the healing boost feats.
"I think it would be wise to wait here for a bit longer so we can further recover. None of them got away to raise the alarm."
Dragon Poker is kind of cool,
but my favorite fictional game
is Einey-Steiney Pool.

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:32 pm

It seems for a moment Urlath isn't coming back, but finally he wanders back around the corner. "Big steel door. Might be better to rip out the window bars than try that." as he speaks he wanders to the windows and gives an experimental yank as though trying to decide if that'd be possible.
Seem like a waste to rest, but I've got so many surges...I'll rest and spend one surge.

Nate
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Nate » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:09 pm

Taking a moment the group takes a few minutes to catch their breath. Wounds are patched, and cleaned, and the two acessable goblin bodies are quickly gone through. Neither seems to have much of worth, though both carry a large worn key.
Held off on opening the grate becuase that would push you out of the 5 minute break.

Berrian's extra healing from tavar
2d6, 4+3=7
only used one surge for berrian

MW, can you pm me your email address? I can send the character sheet over to you.

Jamwes with no response I just had you use a surge which put you to full.
Berrian:26/26
Surges:5 AP:1

Lucan:41/41
Surges:7 AP:2

Maressa: 31/31
Surges:6 AP:1

Tavar:37/39
Surges:3 AP:1

Tyre:31/34
Surges:7 AP:2

Urlath:39/39
Surges:12 AP:1

magerage
Level 4
Level 4

Post by magerage » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:04 pm

Berrian stands around and surveys the aftermath of their skirmish with the goblins. A sudden thought comes to him.

"Should we hide the bodies?" Berrian asks his cohorts. "We might not want to risk giving away our presence any sooner than necessary."

Then he has another thought.

"What about the corpses in there?" Berrian asks, pointing in one of the windows.
Molest me not with your pocket calculator stuff...

MindWright
Level 5
Level 5

Post by MindWright » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:20 pm

"I don't know if it will help much, but I can at least do something about them."

Tavar summons his spirit in the adjoining room, directing it to nudge the door shut and drag the bodies over to a position where they will be at least partially hidden by the winch.

"We can drag these down around the corner."
Dragon Poker is kind of cool,
but my favorite fictional game
is Einey-Steiney Pool.

Galen
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Galen » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:35 pm

"Lets get this portcullis raised permanently." Maresas says after resting. "I don't want to be stuck if things start going badly."

magerage
Level 4
Level 4

Post by magerage » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:08 pm

This will probably constitute multiple rounds of actions, which I'm throwing in one post, just to get it out of the way. Naturally, if someone else's action might contradict my own, I'll need to reassess where I'll go from there. Otherwise, assuming that no one else has anything that they need to do, and that I don't encounter any interference, this is how it would go down.
Berrian takes a look through the window into the next room and, without saying a word, disappears on the spot, reappearing next to the corpse of the recently deceased goblin. He searches the goblin for some key that might lock the door.

After, he gestures toward the door, which seems to close on its own. Were he to recover a key from the body, he goes to lock the door, before heading back to the winch and raising the portcullis.

Finally, after waiting for his power to recharge, he reappears along side his waiting comrades.
Round 1:

Move: Fey Step to square E3, next to diseased goblin G6
Standard: Search G6 for key
Minor: Mage Hand on door. (I seem to recall, Nate, that we had discussed the use of this power, in that fashion and you'd said that you were cool with it)

Round 2:

Move: To now closed door.
Standard: Attempt to lock it. (I will use a key, if one was recovered.)

Round 3:

Move: To portcullis winch.
Standard: Raise the gate.

Round 4: (happens after necessary wait period and barring any interruptions.)

Move: Fey Step back to other side of the wall.

I realize that this is quite a lot of activity to include in one post, but this I do to keep things moving. If it doesn't all go down like this, I'll make the necessary changes. Thank you!
Molest me not with your pocket calculator stuff...

Jamwes
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Jamwes » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:42 pm

"Be careful over there Berrian," Lucan grunted.