Chapter 1: Trouble with Goblins

What mysteries currently lie in the Western Heartlands? In a large region located in western Faeran, where city-states and hamlets run rampant with no singular government to tie them together, Danger lurks at every turn.

Wilderness threatens to envelope the small farms, and villages throughout the countryside. And the Machinations of corrupt officials threaten the livelihood of villagers and cityfolk alike across the region. The only hope the Heartlands has it the adventurers who flock to the area looking to make a name for themselves, or to fill their pockets with the lost treasures of days forgotten. Run by the DM Nate
MindWright
Level 5
Level 5

Re: The Goblin's Home

Post by MindWright » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:56 pm

"Yes, it is best to be cautious," Tavar added, "caution is the hallmark of the survivor."

Tavar dispels the spirit once again, calling it back into the adjacent room and setting it to guard Berrian until the mage can return to the hallway.
Dragon Poker is kind of cool,
but my favorite fictional game
is Einey-Steiney Pool.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:30 pm

Tyre remains quite leaning against the walls of the room. He waits as the gate is raised and doesn't say much.

Nate
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Nate » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:34 pm

So originally I was waiting for folks to post... Probably not the best Idea for a pbp game.

I'm not going to harp on anybody for not posting, pot... kettle... black... I've admittedly sucked at posting lately.

So what I'll try to do in the future is if somebody doesn't post within three days I'll post for them in one of my DM posts. I of course won't make anyone do anything crazy, just move them along, or assist, follow another characters question, etc.

Just to try and keep the game moving.

I was out of the office Friday, so I'm trying to get caught up today... But look at the OOC section in the next few days. I'm going to institute a reward for you folks if I end up slacking and not posting at least every other day.
As the group moves about the dead goblins Berrian teleports to the far room, and takes a quick search of the dead goblin's bodies. With a quick search the Wizard finds a small set of keys on one of the goblins, and a small pouch that he believes to be magical.

It takes the Wizard a few moments to go through and carry out his tasks, but within a few minutes he has teleported back to the other side, with the rooms door locked, the gate up, and the keys and pouch in hand.
All encouter powers are back now. Teleporting is an encounter, so technically it'd taken 10 minutes to complete what Berrian wanted to do, but that just seems silly when it's not really game effecting.

Though to search through the bodies it took a few minutes which accounted for most of the time spent over there.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:23 am

Tyre watches the wizard teleports and contemplates, 'If I could do that, then it would make gathering things much easier.' The young man shrugs at his inability to teleport and other magical spells and so he moves on along with the others.

Jamwes
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Jamwes » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:44 pm

"Good job Berrian," Lucan smiles. "Now, lets get a move on."

magerage
Level 4
Level 4

Post by magerage » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:25 pm

Berrian gives a slight nod, marveling at his own magnificence, having successfully completed his task.

"Lead on," he says, preparing to follow his cohorts.

For a brief moment, he silently curses his once and former master, thinking himself much cleverer than he'd ever been given credit for.
Molest me not with your pocket calculator stuff...

Nate
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Nate » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:35 pm

With the group rested Urlath leads the way down the hall.

"There's a door at the end, Looks like it'd be locked. Though I'd wager the keys the little one found off the goblin should open it." The Goliath speaks simply in a gruff voice, probably too loud for the rest of the groups approval.

As the group rounds the second of the two corners they all see the door, a stout wooden door, bound in Iron, clearly not something the Goblins had made. The left side of the door holds a keyhole, but whether or not the door is actually locked is yet to be seen.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:28 am

Tyre steps up, "Allow me to check it for traps first and then inspect it to see if it's locked." The young human makes his way from the back of the party to the front to look at the door. He inspects it and takes his time checking the hinges and edges of the door frame. Finally, he moves on to the locking mechanism. He looks at it to see how complex of a lock the door has and whether or not it's set in the lock or unlock position.

Nate
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Nate » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:49 pm

Sorry guys, out of town and forgot to post anything in the Vacation forum.
Tyre moves up slowly to the door, carefully inspecting the path making sure there's not traps, or dangerous devices anywhere that may impede the groups travel.

As the man nears the door he notices an od shaped slab of stone in the wall, incredibly narrow, only about an inch across, and about three feet long running up the wall.

Reaching into his bag Tyre pulls out a small bar, and removes the long strip of stone, revealing a hole holding a long sharp blade obviously made to shoot out across the doorway, likely if somebody were to mess with the door.

Carefully the rogue moves over to the door, searching for something designed to trigger the device. A quick search shows the man nothing. No stones on the floor appear to set off the device, and it's doubtful that just opening the door normally would set it off.

Taking a small mirror the rogue places it into the keyhole and searches the inside of the door. Within seconds Tyre finds a small switch, placed so that a key put into the door would easily avoid it. But a careless thief forcing a pick into the door would most likely set the device off. It's possible the man could disable it, but based on the design he'd have a far easier time picking the lock, and avoiding the trap, than actually disarming it.

Grabbing the rest of his lockpicks Tyre slowly, and carefully places a long rod with a hooked end into the key hole, and a tension rod used to turn the lock just barely into the opening. One by one moves the pins inside holding the lock in place, as he slowly increases tension on the bar making sure the pins don't fall back down into place. It takes him a minute or two, mostly due to making sure he avoids the Trap lever, but Tyre unlocks the door, and moves back to the rest of the group, waiting for somebody else to lead the way.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:24 pm

"Ta da", Tyre says at the conclusion of his lock picking and trap disarming show. The young human moves out of the way, so the others can move forward past him as he tucks away his assortment of tools.