OOC Questions

Holding Down the Heartlands is a 4th edition Dungeons & Dragons Game, taking place in the Western Heartlands, of the Forgotten Realms Campaign setting. This is the OOC forum for this game.
od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Re: OOC Chatter

Post by od » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:44 pm

Oops, hey Nate I meant to spend an action point to try to lift the gate I just forgot it in my post. Any chance it could still happen?

Nate
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Nate » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:28 pm

Absolutely.

Jamwes is currently unable to post, so I'll try and post that, along with his action, then move back to the top. of the order.

I wasn't sure so I didn't want to use that without consent.

Also it'll be a skill challenge, 3/5 dc 18 athletics check

So you you can work on it for a max of 5 rounds, and need three successes in that time or have to start over. basically it gets too heavy, and you end up dropping it with three or more failures.

With a +12 athletics check though I'm assuming it shouldn't be a problem.

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:17 am

You'd think, but things never seem to work out that way, I'm hoping I get it up enough the rogue can slip under though...it's going to be hard to lift with a sword in my belly.

Nate
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Nate » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:34 am

Don't worry, they're using spears.
I like pie.

MindWright
Level 5
Level 5

Post by MindWright » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:12 am

Actually you can't normally use action points during a surprise round... unless Nate wants to house rule that...

...but you could just as easily use an action point in the next round to make two attempts to lift the gate instead of one. Possibly putting you 2/3rds of the way there.
Dragon Poker is kind of cool,
but my favorite fictional game
is Einey-Steiney Pool.

Nate
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Nate » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:25 am

Rough day at work... I totally spaced that.

And yes, normally you could not, though since the action point could have been used next round I'll leave it as is.