General Questions

Non-Fighting Threads for the Champion Game
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

General Questions

Post by TetNak » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:19 am

Any questions you might have can be answered in this thread.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: General Questions

Post by TetNak » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:37 pm

So, those of you who showed interest, who is ready to make their character?

3rd-I
Level 5
Level 5

Post by 3rd-I » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:00 pm

It this still running Tet? I was having quite a lot of fun with it but it seems to be falling out of favour. I know you said you were working some new house rules, and I really liked the ones you showed me. Is the delay to give you time to finish these?

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:11 pm

Mostly because I've been busy. I haven't had a chance to work on the rules anymore. This game obviously isn't a true RPG, so I've been neglecting it. I am not shutting it down though. I promise to try to get a post in a day to it at least.

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Post by EvilMonkey » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:55 am

I believe that the Parry rule is a little off. I think you should have to roll against the attacker's roll. The way it is set up at the moment it is very hard to actually land a hit. I mean I've gotten lucky quite a few times.

I think it should be a contest between the fighters not a contest between the character and their own skill. Like lets say my Karate is a 12 and Joe Blow's Parry is a 12 I roll a five and he rolls an 11. I obviously would hit him in any other circumstance because I had a better roll. The punch is just faster or more accurate than his parry and the shot gets through.

With the rules now as long he rolls enough to make the parry skill like he needs a 12 or below and he rolls a 12 and I Need a 12 or better and I roll a 5 he just shrugs off the shot... I don't know, I'm just voicing my opinion.
Here, you hold this jar of acid and the rattlesnake. I've got to hop on the unicycle and get this chainsaw revved up.