Prelude: Blood and Steel

On the continent of Tanaephis several human peoples battle over land, power or money. In this brutal world, people often are guided by their passions and desires for power, wealth or violence. Many powerful warriors possess god-weapons. Strange, intelligent and powerful, these weapons have desires and schemes of their own.
This is a sword and sorcery game in a violent world. The unique rules are simple and quick to learn.Run by the Weapon Master Grimbold
ardh05
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Prelude: Blood and Steel

Post by ardh05 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:42 am

Korbold nods, then heads out of the mercanary's office. He then asks a local about a gambling location.

Illeveun
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Illeveun » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:15 am

The Razor laughs as the Piorad decides to take his advice, saying, "Ready to cheat these poor mortals out of their coin?" The blade does not care, much, about the money in its own right, but its use as a tool which can solve many situations, and can ultimately further his own goals.

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:03 pm

Of course, there is a place nearby where the mercenaries hang out and drink and gamble. It certainly is a rough place, but Korbold does not really mind. Lots of people of all different races, male and even some female, are sitting around tables and drinking strong beverages, shouting loudly and throwing the dice.
Korbold walks around to have a look and then he notices a small, dark haired person who has just come in. On his belt hangs a strange looking shortsword. It is most definitely a Thunk. In the North, Piorads and Thunks are continually at war, but here in Pôle, they are just two mercenaries.
Welcome Odin to the game as Sylik Magun, the Thunk (and the scout the man mentioned). Nice to have you here!
You know you should not gamble, Sylik. The money is not worth the trouble. Trust me. I know what I'm saying. Still, after the two weeks, the voice inside Sylik's head is a bit unfamiliar.

ardh05
Level 12
Level 12

Post by ardh05 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:48 pm

Korbold walks up to the Thunk, taps him on the shoulder, and says, "Hello, how are you today?" He figures that if he is going to gamble, he might as well play nice.
Yay, a new player!! About time we got some new blood in here...

Odin
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Odin » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:43 am

Sylick looks up at the Piorad, clearly shocked to be face to face with one of his sworn enemies, and recieving a greeting from him none the less.

"And just two weeks ago my men and I slew a party of these beasts"

Deciding that being new to the city and just recently joining up with what seemed to be a reputable merc company it might not be best to gut the Piorad, yet at least, he looks him up and down before looking him in the eyes.

"I'm fine, how are you" He says in the nicest voice he can muster.
I'm taking the 5 sesterces out of my money since Sylik joined recently and just so its clear I'm doing his thoughts in italics for ease of clarity. Thanks for the welcome and I hope we can have some fun times with this Piorad/Thunk deal, a lot of directions it could go :D
I search for hidden dwarves...

ardh05
Level 12
Level 12

Post by ardh05 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:45 am

Korbold laughs heartily at the strain in the Thunk's reply. "Don't worry, I've tasted my fill of blood... for now..." He grins broadly and thumps the Thunk's back. "I see you're playing... mind if I join?" He sits down at the same table as the Thunk before he has a chance to reply. "So, what's your name? Mine's Korbold." He sticks his hand out to the other man.
Yes, I can already see some fun times coming up among racial enemies... just keep an open mind... anything can happen...

Illeveun
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Illeveun » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:53 am

The blade keeps quiet, and to himself, not quite sure of what to think about this man, a Thunk who, by all means, should be killing the Piorad who wields this greatsword; however, he notices the blade at this man's hip and, out of curiosity, sends forth a missive, to see if this blade has any animating force.

"If you can hear this, I know what sort of item you might be. If this falls on deaf ears, well, then I've just made myself silly trying to communicate with a hunk of ignorant metal.

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:24 am

Razor gets an answer, a whispering voice: "I am Alniris, the Ghostblade, made to bring its wielder power and fame. Those I touch are crippled and I will not be wielded by the unworthy. Beware, Piorad Sword. I am on a mission and no one shall hinder me."
Noone else hears this as it is telepathic.

Odin
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Odin » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:25 pm

Sylik looks to the piorad cautiously, then casually glances at his own blade for a moment.

"I am Sylik," he replies, "and I prefer to watch... not to play. My people are not... accustomed to such games of chance."

He casts a sharp look toward Korbold. "Unless you count living next to creatures barely able to be considered 'men', as a game of chance"
Oh I'm looking forward to it, so many possiblities...
I search for hidden dwarves...

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:22 pm

Be friendly, Sylik hears his weapon, Alniris, in his head. We don't know if he might be helpful. We might be able to use them.
I will let you banter on a bit and then I will resolve the gambling for Korbold. Keep up the RP (but hopefully no PvP combat!)