Fengbao Chuanjiàoshì Chapter 1: Rite of passage

Flashbacks for Mutants, Martial Arts, and Machine Guns.
sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Fengbao Chuanjiàoshì Chapter 1: Rite of passage

Post by sempai » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:23 pm

The trial over, fengbao finally finds relaxation, in the depths of sleep. His dreams are filled with the ordeal, and again he lives his triumph in the darkness of slumber.

He wakes the next day to find that he can barely stand, his muscles have tightened to a point of a crippling pain... he could ask for healing from the temple healers, but the 'birth of pain' is one of honors of being a monk. To feel your body and what it has been through is to learn not to get hurt.

He does is best to get dressed, the muscle pain searing through him, the bruises across his body like small unstable explosives, one wrong touch and the pain blossoms through his body.

The new monk of the temple then does his best to work his way to the breakfast area, where many of the other monks are eating their breakfast fruits and grains. The apes are segregated, Orangutans, Guerrillas, and chimpanzees sit at three great tables. It is common for the different species to sit separately mostly because of their body differences, but their attitudes are different as well. Feng looks around the room, as he knows the masters dine in another hall, so they can discuss their students progress.

The hall grows quiet... all eyes are on Feng, but no soul speaks. Feng hobbles to the servant, a small squirrel monkey standing behind a pot of porridge. He is a young male monkey perhaps 3/4 the size of Feng, very thin, very frail by comparison to very fit monks, his white mask and black nose greet Feng with a smile and admiration as he serves Feng a bowl of hot porridge and fresh fruits. Fengs stern demeanor is no match for the small monkeys smileand he cant help but lift the sides of his lips slightly to return the smile, however very slight.

Feng stands food in hand, looking at the three large tables and the small smiling monkey. The question in the air is evident, everyone in the room is wondering, where Feng will choose to sit.

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Post by EvilMonkey » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:03 am

" Baboodah always said; No matter how far you climb, you must never forget your roots. Lest you fall to unknown depths of untold sorrow." However it was also said; "As long as ones heart remembers where it belongs, the body may travel on to anywhere." Feng looks around thoroughly confused about where he should go. But finally his mind is made and, with his head held high he makes his way to the table of the apes.
Here, you hold this jar of acid and the rattlesnake. I've got to hop on the unicycle and get this chainsaw revved up.

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:05 pm

Feng steps away from the thin servant monkey, and steps towards the tables seating the ape monks.
chimps, gorillas, and orangutans are all apes, which will you sit with? or do you choose to sit alone? sorry i'm making a big deal of this, but it really matters for the future of the flashback.

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Post by EvilMonkey » Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:48 am

sorry, I should have made that a little more clear I am sitting down at the table of the apes.
Here, you hold this jar of acid and the rattlesnake. I've got to hop on the unicycle and get this chainsaw revved up.

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:51 pm

Fengbao steps towards the table with the Chimpanzees (7 total), as he approaches he can see their eyes get big... The other tables keep quiet, watching the carnage that might unfold. Among them are many monks that fengbao knew of but never trained with... except one.

The room is quiet, no one speaks, no one eats... maybe everyone has stopped breathing too?

He meets the eyes of one chimp in particular, a young monk. The monk looks away down into his food. Feng finds a spot at the end of the table near the young monk that feng knows well... his name is Zebak...

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Post by EvilMonkey » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:54 pm

"Good morning, may good fortune follow you all." Feng sits down, says a quick prayer, and begins eating.
why does it feel like I'm back in my school cafeteria. It's like a nerd sitting with jocks

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:16 pm

Silence... everyone afraid to speak, yes they are pious monks, yet they are from a society of oppression and true racism.

Fengbao does his best to ignore the obvious tension here as everyone stares with confusion and afraid to speak.

Zebak is the first to speak. He stands before the others, no-one moves no one speaks.

"I've never been fond of monkeys, I always considered them nothing more than pets to make life easier. I have been at this temple since I was very young, and have seen many things to amaze me. But never have I been bested so easily in combat." he gulps, obviously his pride is burning, "I have learned two things yesterday..." he stands more erect looking to the ceiling "1. That even though I have just become a monk, I have much to learn, 2. to never judge a combatant based on appearance."

He smiles and looks to Fengbao, he extends his hand smiling "they say to fight someone is to truly know them, and I would like to be the first monk to be your friend"

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Post by EvilMonkey » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:07 pm

Feng smiles and shakes the hand of Zebak. "You have skill, the one thing that defeated you was the style that I used. It is known only by myself and my master." Feng goes back to eating he is very hungry and still rather sore...

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:36 pm

The monks all return to their conversations and eat... they are uneasy, but are accepting of Feng, who has now finally achieved his Rite of passage.
this first sub chapter is over i will be starting a new thread in flashback soon... keep your eyes open of it.