Fengbao Chuanjiàoshì Chapter 1: Rite of passage

Flashbacks for Mutants, Martial Arts, and Machine Guns.
sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Fengbao Chuanjiàoshì Chapter 1: Rite of passage

Post by sempai » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:29 pm

In another dimension named CR3A73R by the few dimensional scientists, the earth developed in a different path, humans never did ascend to the top of the evolutionary ladder. It took an extra 2500 years for intelligent life to appear, unlike traditional earth Many species of Monkeys ascended and battled for control as the top species.
As the genetic battles come to an end and society is born, The Apes now rule the populace, orangutans, and gorillas the strong high society, the lowly monkeys and baboons now slaves, and workers that server the upper class.

Religion, monarchy, and celestial order now rule the monkeys as their society forms.

In the Kingdom of Goryu there is ambition to overcome the other kingdoms and warlike societies are formed. Crime is rampant in the streets, villages, and mountain passes, as poverty drives people to steal and rob, instead of working for their wares.

A Taoist religious temple 'œshaolin' has formed in the countryside, developing martial arts for years, to protect supply lines and the priests message to the populace.

Many apes train in the many martial arts systems formed, many monkey servants enjoy serving them in the safety of the temple, not much is known outside of the temple walls, except for the traveling priests, and warrior monks.

Years of preparation, studies, and training, all come to a head for Fengbao Chuanjiàoshì. He is in the greatest physical shape of his life, his mind a calm storm. The callused wrists and scars on his body from years of brutal training are nothing to him. Only the task at hand haunts his mind.
His teacher, and adopted father Zange Chen, a warrior monk of the order, has groomed him for years for this moment'¦ the moment a Monkey could progress as far as an ape. Lowly monkeys were never trained in combat martial arts, as one strike from a mighty ape could end their lives.
Zange saw something in in Feng, his speed and prowess impressed the old master, Ever since Feng was orphaned by a Soldier of the empire with a simple strike to his parents, he felt for the young Monkey. Most apes did not care for monkeys, ignoring their intellect, admonishing their personalities, they were nothing but servant animals in the apes minds, But Zange saw something different, perhaps it was his love for his adopted servant turned son, or his years of martial arts saw a weakness that all apes have. slow speed .

Zange taught Feng for years, many behind closed doors, and even gave him a name that only apes would have. He taught him in a way that used his speed and agility not his power, something even the old master could not match the young monkey. He developed a unique system of fighting just for feng, to give him an edge.

But that was the past now was the future, Zange had arranged for a lowly monkey (feng) to attempt the 4 tests of a true Shaolin priest. Many Apes disagreed with the old master, but humored his decision just to prove once again that monkeys are nothing but servants.

Feng sits waiting, calming his 'œstorm' preparing for his tests.

Zange enters the room towering above the small Feng, he does not smile, no emotion on his old face.

'œare you ready?'
ok feng feel free to describe yourself, without the full human looks, emotions etc'¦ we will move that 5 bioe to stats when I get a chance to research that rule. I have NOT double checked your character sheet, but it WILL be done before your first combat starts. This thread is for Feng and him only and is part of the game, for any questions or concerns use the 'œflashback integration' thread Enjoy!

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Fengbao Chuanjiàoshì Chapter 1: Rite of passage

Post by EvilMonkey » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:33 am

Feng Sits in the standard Lotus Position meditating, His leathery face looking serene. The Golden fur and Red Robes on his body have been ritualistically cleansed, they seems to shimmer in the dancing light of the candles. There are hundreds of candles and incense burning. They create a heavily perfumed smoke that seems to penetrate the senses of all who smell it, Calming the mind and soothing the soul. When his master speaks it pulls the slim but tall monkey out of his trance. With a Moments pause and a long drawn out Sigh he turns his head his Jade Pendant swinging lightly as he turns about begins to speak...

"Master Zange, Can one ever truly be ready, for the future is undertermined one can only prepare and hope that he is ready for life's challenges..." He looks up at his adopted father A gentle smile crossing his face as he rises from his meditative stance. "...But in the words of my people yes I am ready." He places a rather furry hand on his master's shoulder and his face splits into a large sharp toothed grin his large canine glimmering in the light of the candles. He thinks to himself; "Father you have given me an opprotunity that no one before me has ever had... I will not fail you." he bows to his master and says; "Lead the Way Master..."
Here, you hold this jar of acid and the rattlesnake. I've got to hop on the unicycle and get this chainsaw revved up.

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:44 am

Zange's eyes smile with the students reply, but his face is stern as stone, the young monkey has never seen him so serious.

"you are allowed one weapon or item, and the robes you wear, nothing more." Zange says coldly

Feng knows nothing of the test he is about to take, only that many before him have failed, and failure = death. Those that failed were apes, big, strong, well trained, years of experience.

Two other smaller monkeys enter the room with containers holding all of fengs possesions, everything from books, weapons, clothing, artwork, letters.... everything.

Zange stands looking at the wall, but his eyes focus on somthing thousands of miles away....

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Post by EvilMonkey » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:29 am

Feng smiles as he speaks "Master Your training is all the Equipment I need, but I believe I shall take a copy of the tao" As he looks toward the two others of his kind. Then he reaches over and takes a rather large and bulky looking scroll and tucks it into his loose cloth belt. Then he pulls his wide brimmed hat from his back, back onto his head. His face turns suddenly serious as though chisled of stone he looks down towards the two monkeys kneeling near the chests that contain his posseions and speaks in a low and very serious voice; "Arise my Brethren If I succeed in my endeavor it will prove that all of the peoples on this world are truly equal. Look toward the future my friends." He then says a quick prayer with his hands on the shoulders of the two other monkeys. As he turns to his adopted Father he speaks again; "I am Prepared master." He then turns towards the door waiting for his master to lead him to the training grounds. He begins to think as he waits; " I must not fail, I will not fail, This is my chance to prove to all of the people, that we of the race of monkeys are capable and contain potential that can be put to better use than just meneal labor..."
Here, you hold this jar of acid and the rattlesnake. I've got to hop on the unicycle and get this chainsaw revved up.

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:59 am

The two servants lower their eyes to the floor kowtowing below the two monks. As feng lies his hands on their shoulders, they shudder and quiver, even in the peaceful temple, servant monkeys are lower than dogs.

Master Zange opens the doors and the two enter a corridor... large muscular silverbacks, tall long limbed orangutans, even a few smaller Chimpanzees' line the hallway, in their dress garb.

At the end of the hallway the room expands into a wider room, where there is two large wooden doors at the far end, two extremely large gorillas stand on each sides of the doors, and three others stand before them blocking the path.

One is a young Chimpanzee Kneeling centered in the room, he wears an elaborate red and yellow robe, and is quite large compared to Feng. The other two Feng recognizes from his days as a servant. Grand master Liang, an older but extremely fit Gorilla, known for his incredible strength and many battles. His scars and missing eye, tell many stories. The other is Great Grandfather Jiao, the head of the temple in all regards.

'œMy student is ready' Zange says with no emotion he steps back and sits in a lotus position on the far end of the corridor.

Jiao nods, and the young chimpanzee leaps to his feet in a martial stance that Feng knows as the 'œleopard'

Grand Master Liang with a roar of his deep voice speaks as he looks to Jiao 'œMaster, we are shaming this young monk, by letting him fight this servant, he has no right'

Great Grand Master Jiao smiles warmly 'œWhat do you fear Liang? If he is defeated you are correct, this problem will go away' he looks to feng 'œThis is no training fight, This Monk before you, is the most junior monk in our temple, he passed these tests just a few months ago, to be admitted into the chamber you must first defeat him'¦ 'œ the elders eyes peirce feng 'œTell me Fengbao Chuanjiàoshì, are you ready to face death?'œ

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Post by EvilMonkey » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:28 am

Feng bows to the assembled monks before him and speaks; "If death wishes to take me then who am I to question it? So yes I am ready Great Grand Master Jiao." For a brief second a slight grimace crosses his face at the thought of dying today and being unable to accomplish his task. But it flees almost as soon as it comes as the monk thinks;" Father Zange would not have given me a chance if he did not think I was worthy.' He takes the Primary Stance of the Monkey Style of Kung-Fu, His left leg swings in a wide arc and drops into 'œHorse Stance', his hands reach out to full length and snap back so that his left hand is placed close to his chest and his right hand held with a light bend in the elbow his palm facing inward as if daring the Young Monk To attack first'¦
Taking monkey stance, if I can declare a Defensive type of action or posture I am so definantly doing that'¦

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:45 pm

roll for initiative 19 zebak, 5 feng Round 1 starting in Long distance range
The young chimpanzee 'œZebak' screams with might, his scream is intimidating, the primal scream of a chimpanzee, combined with the training of martial arts!

'¦ he take four running steps towards Feng, he moves into a cartwheel, then to a full back hand spring'¦ he leaps into the air flips into a vicous kick attack! Feng barley is able to defend this attack, from his stance he sweeps a hand upward in the air blocking with his caloused wrists, deflecting the attack, however he can feel the touch of Zebak's foot on his face.
leap attack kick (leap attack is double damage if landed) zebak successfully closes the range from long to combat range. Attack roll 16 parry roll 13+3 (lucky you have a plus 3) it's a tie closest it can be without being hit
Zebak lands his eyes large and wide, truly surprised that the small monkey deflected his most vicious attack, he lands in a leopard stance, regaining his balance from his extreme attack, he bends his middle knuckles on all his fingers, as the leopard system requires.
ok here is the deal, because he attempted a double damage attack in the first round, he has no more attaks this round. Feel free to take your next 3 attacks(monkey style has 3) At the beginning of each round you can shift from one art to another, and choose to shift into a 'œkata' At the end of your three attacks (or one if you attempt a critical) make sure to tell me what stance/kata you will use. (and every round) If you don't tell me, I will remind you however it will slow the game down. You can also use one of your attack moves to change the combat range, remember to check your attacks, some only work in long range, some work in combat range, some in grappling. see ninjas and superspies 126

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Post by EvilMonkey » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:28 pm

Feng sighs after deflecting such vicious blows. As he sets himself to deliver a vicious attack of his own, he says; "Brute strength is good but alone it cannot defeat every foe." As he leaps in to the air and when he lands delivers three quick kicks hooking his leg behind the chimp's knees on the last one, attempting more to off balance his attacker than anything else while letting out his own war cry which sounds like a wounded animal more than anything else. He attempts to time the attack so that his opponent hits the ground with his last kick'¦
Stance: Monkey. Three kicks, two of them normal, basic leg trip on the last one (attempting to beat him up then knock him down'¦)

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:12 am

Feng leaps to the air, and fires a rapid succession of kicks, one to the head, wich the larger Zebak blocks with no problem, a kick to the body, which hits with a thud, the Chimpanzee doubles over with the contact then then landing he rotates his axis and swings his leg along the ground attempting to hook the chimps legs, but at the last second Zebak lifts his leg colliding with the sweep attack'¦ successfully deflecting it.
first attack att 8 defend18 attack13 defend6 attack 18 defend18 you have a plus 1 to strike, he has a +2 parry/dodge so you only hit him with me middle attack (bad dice)
Every martial arts character can roll with punch once per melee round on one attack, he will attempt to roll with punch on your kick Roll 6 even with his plus 1 to roll he is hit full damage. Kick attack 6+4 Damage for a total of 10.
The much larger chimp winces from the kick attack, but continues his rage of attacks.
ok now we start a new round, you told me you will be in monkey style again, and we rolled in chat and you lost initiative. Starting a normal round characters can choose how many attacks per round they will choose to use'¦ this can turn into a game of chess, for instance this monkey happens to have 2 attacks per round he can choose to use one now, two now, or pass and use them after. This is a MODIFIED rule I am using for the forums to keep things going.
Zebak shouts, 'œyou are quick, but you hit like a child' he attacks with a kick attack of his own to the small monkeys groin followed by a heavy punch to his face. But Feng is much too quick, he lifts his right leg and sets down on the chimpanzee's shin deflecting the kick and moves to the side lightly blocking the punch.
att 15 def 17 att 6 def 9
he chose to use both his attacks for potential up front damage(when you get hit you will understand)
Zebek knows he is in trouble. All his heavy attacks gone, and the smaller Feng stands with his gaze directly at zebeks open posture.

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Post by EvilMonkey » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:16 am

"Ha I hit like a child, maybe, but let's see if you are so sure after this battle.' As fang finishes speaking he throws two rapid concussive open palm strikes at the overconfident chimp. Exploiting the chimps desperately open posture. As the Strikes finish he throws an aimed kick at the chimp's neck to attempt to compromise his opponent's breathing and therefore his ability to carry on the fight, at least at full strength any way'¦
Stance: Monkey. Throwing two punches and attempting a called shot at the chimp's throat with a kick attack. Let's see if this one gets him. Stance Next Round: Monkey