Fengbao Chuanjiàoshì Chapter 1: Rite of passage

Flashbacks for Mutants, Martial Arts, and Machine Guns.
sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Fengbao Chuanjiàoshì Chapter 1: Rite of passage

Post by sempai » Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:09 am

Again silence, the great grandmaster stands before feng, not moving, not flintching, holding a staring gaze. The other masters stand attentively waiting.

it goes on for hours, the pain becomes unreal, feng is sweating profusely he is almost ready to give in and put his legs out before him, and master Jiao steps forward and places a small black sash on the ground, feng immediately recognizes it as a sash of the monastery

He places it folded neatly on the ground, and asks feng to place his head on it.

"remember all that you have done for this simple piece of cloth, it is a symbol of your hard work. You will keep it with you forever, as without you, it is nothing."

He asks feng to rise and place the sash around his waist.

Feng takes his time, preparing the sash around his waist, still with his knees on the ground, the pain now gone as he has finally reached the moment of his life.

Master Jiao signals with his hand for Feng to rise and feng stands, the pain finally leaving his legs. "this was the birth of pain, the start of a new birth, your wounds will not be healed, and you will feel the pain in your knees for many days... it is part of your rebirth"

The other two masters step forward next to Jiao and he speaks once more "now Fengbao please recite your monks oath"
feel free to make this up! and add to the story. any etiquette you come up with is NOT wrong, this is your story... tell it.

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Post by EvilMonkey » Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:41 am

"I, Fengbao Chuanjioshi, son of the monastary of The golden Arch. Hereby swear that, I shall be truthful to all beings. Uphold the integrity of this temple. Tend to the hurt, and punish the wicked. I shall not take a life unless there is no other way. I shall Fast every day of the new and full moon. My faith shall never waiver. I will have the tenacity of the mountains and the flexibility of Bamboo. I shall never indulge in practises of lust or gluttony. I shall be Humble to all beings great, and small. I swear this oath to Heaven and Earth, Spirit and Man, Plant and Animal..." Feng bows, his forehead touching the floor...
Here, you hold this jar of acid and the rattlesnake. I've got to hop on the unicycle and get this chainsaw revved up.

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:10 pm

Master Jiao speaks "rise fengbao, you have done well, you showed your combat prowess, you showed your intelect, and empathy. You did not quit, even when it spelled certain death and kept a calm head. "

Again Jiao's gaze pierces fengs. "You have done everything all the others before you have done, but being a monk is not just what you have done today, its only the beginning of a lifelong test. Everyday forward, you must treat as if it is a test. Do you understand? Only then will you be a monk. "

Jiao smiles, curiously awaiting fengs response.

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Post by EvilMonkey » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:54 pm

Feng rises, the pain in his knees returning and near unbearable. "Yes Master Jiao, I understand. As every day of life is a challenge for my people, I understand it very well." Feng continues to stand tall until he is released from the gaze of his superiors...
Here, you hold this jar of acid and the rattlesnake. I've got to hop on the unicycle and get this chainsaw revved up.

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:05 am

The masters look away and head towards the door at the end of the room, the doors swing open (almost 6 times fengs hight) and light appears.

There is noise outside, but it is quickly quelled as the three masters step out.

They walk away from the door, and feng knows the scene... in the past when the doors open, the masters hide their glance from the populace of students, monks, and servants, until the victor or looser emerges. It is a tradition Feng has seen many times.

It is common for those that survive to stumble out, bruised and bleeding, and make an address to all before him.. But feng knows this is a special moment, the day a monkey has achieved what only apes have, he has prepared for this moment, and what he would say when he emerged from the doors.

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Post by EvilMonkey » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:54 am

Feng walks out, holding himself as composed and calm as he can. When he reaches the doors, he speaks; "We Are Equals!" He bows to the assembled. "Since the wars of long past, My kind have been looked down upon, given the jobs that no others will take. Yet we take the abuses of those higher than us without an unkind word to our superiors. For we know, that we are all equal in the eyes of the great spirits. May the heavens shine down upon all of you." Feng bows once again to the assembled crowd. He waits for whatever will happen next...

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:16 am

The crowd is a mixture of cheering servant monkeys and scowling apes. There are a few apes among the applause however, as many see this as a great feat.

Master Zange, and Jiao are among the applause, master Liang among the scoffers.

After the Long response to fengs speech master Jiao Interjects, lowering his hands to stop all that is transpiring "Fengbao Chuanjiàoshì is now a monk, and will be treated as much by all that are here." he looks to master liang, who bows with respect, "I am proud of him, as I am proud of all of you. Regardless of what the imperial court thinks all of us are equal... the old woman that makes us soup is as important as myself... those that think otherwise are below the ground we all walk on. He smiles, "enough of this all of you back to work!"

With that the masses break up, some mumbling, some singing songs, the servants go back to their cooking and cleaning, the monks back to their training, reading and writing.

Feng stands alone at the exit of the large doors as they close behind him. Master Zange approaches, bows with respect and speaks "i knew you would prevail, you have trained hard, you must remember you are now more than a monk, you are a symbol." his eyes lower "a symbol of what you can be, or a symbol of an uprising that could erupt. You must stay strong and bring those below you up to your level, not take those above you down. Understand?"

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Post by EvilMonkey » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:48 am

"Yes master, I understand. May I please lay down for a little while I am extremely sore" Feng's stance begins to waiver and his knees begin to buckle from the pain...

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:11 pm

"of course " he says with a smile. "you have done well and deserve your rest"

Master Zange takes Feng back to his room, and prepares some tea for the smaller monkey. "you must wear your bruises with honor, you have really done well today" He also brings spicy noodle soup made with Kung pao spices to help fengs blood flow.

He serves feng the tea, and the soup, and it is strong with herbal remedies. "you will feel better soon"

He sits across from feng in a lotus position watching him drink and eat. "I'm very proud of you my student, you have achieved the impossible.

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Post by EvilMonkey » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:30 am

Feng limps his way to his simple straw bed. He eats the soup, savoring every bite. The herbal tea tastes quite miserable but he drinks it without argument knowing better than to question his masters knowledge in the subjects of healing. he smiles when his master says that his task was impossible. "Nothing is impossible, not when I have your training and my determination to work with." Feng lies back down and lets the inky blackness of sleep take him...