Ookami Chapter:1 Lone Wolf

Flashbacks for Mutants, Martial Arts, and Machine Guns.
sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Ookami Chapter:1 Lone Wolf

Post by sempai » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:50 pm

Its dark, and cold'¦ Ookami has been stalking his prey for days. He has always been good at stalking, before the accident it was rabbits, or the occasional larger mammal. First you find them, then you kill them'¦ its simple for the mutated wolf, it never troubled him to take a life, then.. or now.

He traveled for days, first as a stowaway on a barge barge from Japan to Hong Kong, then hiding in the luggage compartment of a train through Europe'¦ then the top of a bus roof into Switzerland.

His job is simple'¦ Assassinate a business man. His business does not matter, his body guards , weapons'¦ they are nothing to Ookami, only the 'œmark'.

He does not beleive in killing just anyone, but it does not matter to the Ninja wolf'¦ it is part of who he is.. a predator, and there is such great honor in being a true ninja, the art passed down through the century's for humans'¦ only to be perfected by one who is not.

His master and teacher asked him to finish off this gentleman, as a personal favor, one that could never be refused'¦ refusal would be the end of his honor, that would be unacceptable.

He has a photo, a location, and the knowledge that there will be 3 body guards to look out for. He is NOT to be spotted, go in'¦ finish the job'¦ get out. There will be security, and most likely cameras'¦ possibly motion detectors, laser tripwires'¦ don't get spotted

He arrives near the top of the mountain, deciding to walk up the snowy mountain face than to risk being spotted taking the gondola. The climb would near kill any novice climber, but not Ookami, it is in his blood to hunt in the mountains, and his superior training, he is in great physical shape.

He rounds a corner of rocks and trees and a small chalet appears'¦ smoke pouring from the chimney, lights lit in the two story building. Ookami's strong senses easily pick up a shape in the window and one outside unpacking luggage from a 'œsnow machine car'

He waits'¦ taking in all that is there.
ok Ookami feel free to describe yourself I have NOT double checked your character sheet fully , but it WILL be done before your first combat starts. This thread is for Ookami and him only and is part of the game, for any questions or concerns use the 'œflashback integration' thread Enjoy!

ardh05
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Ookami Chapter:1 Lone Wolf

Post by ardh05 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:53 am

The jet-black form with mildly human features, dressed in clothing that blends in with the shadows of the building, continues to wait and watch, all but invisible to all but the most trained watcher. He rubs his hands together in anticipation of the kill. His brown eyes gleam in the low light. He contemplates his plan, deciding how best to take out the target.

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:01 pm

As Ookami approaches the building, his keen vision can see two parameter sensors near the front door within 30 feet of the front guard. Ookami knows it is probable that there are many of these around the cabin to keep intruders away.

It seems to him that it is the only doorway into the old stone two story cabin, there are windows at the top and lower level. He can see a figure in the window, most likely a guard, as the silhouette also has a machine gun on its back.

The guard, in a winter coat has a pistol on his waist, and a sub machine gun over his back (looks like a AR15) and is smoking a cigarette. Ookami can tell he is cold, he stands with his legs together, and arms tight at his side. He shakes his legs trying to stay warm as he sways to the left and right.

Ookami knows he will have to figure a way to get past the motion sensors, get past the guard, and somehow hit his mark. Machine guns can mean trouble for the ninja, but nothing past his skill.
ok you will have to figure out your own strategy using your skills, tricks and arts of invisibility. Part of playing a ninja character is to use your skills in a clever way to solve problems like this. of course you could charge in like a maniac and just kill them all, but that would prove dangerous, and very un-ninja like. Feel free to examine areas further, and use ooc to ask questions on how to use etc... remember you get exp for any skills you use, and will get bonuses for cleverness.

ardh05
Level 12
Level 12

Post by ardh05 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:33 am

Ookami, after much thought, creeps up the side of the building, using all the stealth he posseses to avoid detection. After reaching the roof, he studies the guard and his weapons, particularly whether or not there is a silencer on any of them.
I'm trying to use prowl and climb at the same time, is that doable? Also, what would I think the chances are of taking out the front guard undetected?

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:19 pm

Ookami slides past the motion detectors un-noticed, he then deftly climbs the side of the wall arriving on the roof.
prowl: 21, climb: 32 ok next time say "i will sneak past the motion detectors" or "i will try to climb to the roof" luckily you had very low check rolls (low is good in palladium)... But what would happen if you set off the alarm? you would never have got to the building, or what if you fell when climbing? Its ok this time, but we would have had to edit your post if you failed. Keep that in mind.
He looks at the guards, and unfortunately they do not have silencers, they are guards not assassins.

Ookami standing on the roof ponders his chances with the front guard. he could possibly sneak past him if he gets some luck.
good prowl roll would be needed.
He also thinks about the possibility of killing the guard in the front.
might work, might not, read up on your skills and abilities, if you have any questions or are stuck feel free to post questions in the integration thread, or pm me. I'm more than happy to help, however I'm trying to give you the freedom as the "ninja" to solve this problem using your skills.

ardh05
Level 12
Level 12

Post by ardh05 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:20 am

Ookami tries to jump down silently behind the guard. If he manages not to get the guards attention, then he will slip into the door.
If he thinks the guard heard something, he will wrap one hand around the guard's mouth, wrap the other arm around the neck and squeeze until the guard drops.
Sorry, not used to the system... spent the weekend playing F2F DnD...

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:09 am

Ookami jumps behind the guard and tries to be as quiet as possible.
roll 83, very high prowl is 43+5 per level, and you have a couple bonuses... (you didn't do all your skill percentages on your char sheet, i should have noticed. I'll post something in the main char gen ooc thread about everyone's skill %) much too high of a roll,
The guard turns his gaze to Ookami.
do you have a hood on? or can he see your wolf face? I will give you one action to try to avoid detection, perhaps your arts of invisibility might help you. Or begin combat.

ardh05
Level 12
Level 12

Post by ardh05 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:27 am

Ookami does have a hood on, sorry about not having the percentile on my character sheet, I'll fix that and e-mail it to you...
Ookami calls on all of his ninja abilities to evade detection
Use Arts of Vanishing and Evading, then try and Knock him out from behind

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:15 pm

Ookami instantly drops to the ground stomach first as the guard turns his head, the guard then looks the the ground, but Ookami rolls sideways onto his back the guard looks left and right, but Ookami does a "kip up" jumping to his feet behind the guard.
art of vanishing, 20% success,
ok so you used vanishing you are now behind the guard and can continue to use art of evasion if you like to maintain your "invisiblity"

for future reference, when in one on one fights, you can use this to dissapear get behind someone and fire a critical strike. ninja gets automatic critical strike from the rear (double damage) Depending on how many attacks, and what you do... you might be able to kill him off with the critical strikes from the rear, or you can just sneak past him now. if you roll a 20 on a rear attack... as a ninja its X4 damage.

ardh05
Level 12
Level 12

Post by ardh05 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:00 am

Ookami thinks for a fraction of a second, then forms his hand so that his claws form a single sharp edge, then drives it into the guard's back twice, aiming for the heart and one of the kidneys.
Attack twice into the guys back, knife hand, automatic critical strike, you said. He is in normal melee range, not grappling range.