Toda Hiromatsu Chapter 1: Enter the Dragon

Flashbacks for Mutants, Martial Arts, and Machine Guns.
sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Toda Hiromatsu Chapter 1: Enter the Dragon

Post by sempai » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:34 pm

The temple is degrading, since the accident its very difficult for Toda Hiromatsu and his teacher Shiegeake Matsumi to keep up on all the maintenance. The harsh weather of Flores near Mt. Kelimutu tearing away at the temple.
check out these links
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flores
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelimutu
Kimodos are native here...
There were the times when perhaps 50 people lived here, and martial arts students would secretly train at the ancient temple and its surrounding challenging environment. That was before the accident...

Students would come, train in many different systems and styles, from all countries. Not just anyone could train at this temple, they were specially invited, hand picked. Only those that could better the community as a whole were even considered. The poorest beggars to the rich and famous... were all equal here, to train, to live, to better themselves in their selected systems, buy learning the strengths and weaknesses of others.

The temple library was full of knowledge, books drafted in the temple of martial arts thesis, Books from the outside cultures, and even comic books, where the entertainment, as there is no electricity, no television, as it would hinder training.

Occasionally a tourist would happen upon the temple at the base of the mountain, the mountain a fond place for tourists to visit, even though it is well hidden in the trees, and cliff side. The martial artists would gather, talk and learn from these travelers. Any martial artist that entered the temple was not allowed to leave for any reason for 15 years, the training was intense and the trade of martial knowledge was amazing.

But that was before...

An airplane crashing into the mountain was full of some kind of chemical, some kind of synthetic chemical, not much is known more than that. Within 30 days... the temple was wiped out. Many got sick, loosing their hair, many had massive tumors forming, Some flead the temple, the others not knowing if they lived or died, but all the others died. Except one. Shiegeake had always been a chi master, known for his ability to send killing blows with a gesture of his fist, or the ability to touch somone and send them to their knees. Luckily he was able to use his healing and dark chi skill to keep him alive.

It was difficult for him, before he always competitive, had been known for killing many top notch martial artists in death matches, all with a touch of the hand, but seeing all of them die, without the thrill of combat changed him. He decide to remain at the temple, using the chi energy found in the surrounding area to keep him healthy all these years. Many assumed he was dead, and this suited him fine, no longer hunted as the great Mien-ch'uan master he could die in peace.

He was always fond of the wildlife here, especially the Komodo dragons, as fate would have it, a komodo that was kept as a pet in the temple, was effected too by the chemicals. Shiegeake felt pity on the poor animal, used his healing powers to keep it healthy as his only friend. Little did he know that the chemicals started to mutate the animal, and it grew in size and intelligence. He eventually took him as his student and named him Toda....

Now they work to maintain the temple together, as teacher and student.

ok Toda feel free to describe yourself, and the temple, I'm giving you the creative control of how the temple will be for now. I have NOT double checked your character sheet fully , but it WILL be done before your first combat starts. This thread is for Toda and him only and is part of the game, for any questions or concerns use the 'œflashback integration' thread Enjoy!

Galen
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Toda Hiromatsu Chapter 1: Enter the Dragon

Post by Galen » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:12 pm

Rays of morning sunlight shot through the forest canopy to illuminate the delapidated temple. Two figures sat motionless in an open courtyard, grasses and vines now poking up through the cracked flagstone. The two were in deep meditation, energizing their chi for the coming day.

One of the pair was an old man, with skin wrinkled and rough from many years of life. He was a small man and looked frail at first glance, though a closer look could prove otherwise.

The other being held the same pose, but that was the only thing the two seemed to have in common. His skin was rough, true, but leathery, mottled grey/brown, and scaled! His size was massive and he must weigh four times the old man. This was Toda Hiromatsu the mutant Komodo Dragon. Many would find this a startling sight, but these were the temples only inhabitants and this is how every day started here.

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:53 pm

Shiegeake breaks the meditation "Your skills have improved, your are the yin you are the yang, I'm truly proud of you my small friend... you fill me with warmth"

He stands stretching his arms in the sunlight the wrinkles on his face a strange dichotomy to his smile. It almost seems as if his face is stern, evil, and frowning when he smiles, perhaps from his previous years. as he stretches his lean muscles are exposed from under his silk tunic.

His body looks as a man in his 50's with lean muscle, but Toda knows must be in his late 80's, maybe even older.

he quickly turns to his mediating friend. "Its time" he heads for the courtyard, smiling evilly, rolling his wrists as he walks.

Toda knows what is next... he must fight his master, the old man loves to fight in the morning, and Toda has yet to best him. The old man enjoys the physical and mental and physical challenge of fighting the gigantic Komodo dragon. Toda sometimes wonders if the only reason he is trained so hard is so Shiegeake can better himself.

The old man is Japanese, but he has trained in many martial arts systems, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, even Egyptian... at least that is what Toda is aware of. Shiegeake is very secretive about his training, and only lets little bits and pieces of knowledge at a time, allowing his students time to enjoy one morsel of knowledge digesting it before moving on.

Even before the Mutagens hit him, he has never know the old man to loose a fight, and every time he fights, it seems he pulls out a new trick from his bag even though they have been training for 20 + years.
ok here we go i figure you have a couple more "temple posts" and we will begin a "sparring match" I want you to make sure you understand chi combat, before we begin, so make sure to read up page 118 on ninjas and superspies as there will be some serious chi attacks going down, your not fighting some silly street thug. be prepared to explain what form you will use etc... explain your preparation for the fight etc.. enjoy!

Galen
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Galen » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:18 am

Toda shooes some wandering chickens away from the area before he starts his battle preparations. Then, pausing for a moment, Toda aligns his chi to open his awareness and examine his mentor's energies.
I focus on chi awareness to tell if master has positive or negative chi up. Does my master have both positive and negative chi powers? Do we often engage in chi combat? Would I expect chi attacks from him? After examining master I will focus on body chi
Toda restrains his chi once again and lets his energies flow freely back through his body. There he holds the energy until reserves are needed.
Aside from his mental preparation Toda Hiromatsu stretches and runs through some short katas. Despite his sizable paunch Toda moves with suprising grace and fluidity. His girth seems as nothing while he warms up a spinning deflection sequence.
As much as Toda did not expect to beat Master Shiegaeke he would not think of it now. Such negative thoughts could only muddy his consciousness. Victory must not be an impossible feat. As Master Shiegaeke has told him many times, if you believe that you cannot then you will surely fail.

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:34 pm

Shiegaeke also runs through his forms, the old man moves like a cat, such grace, balance and vicious speed. Toda cant help but be intimidated, as he knows from previous battles, the old man is a hand full.

His face turns almost grey, pigmentation lowers, he becomes very serious in his face
negative chi
He looks to Toda, but his gaze is a million miles away, staring through him. Toda knows, he must prepare now, the old man is ready.

He drops into a Mien-ch'uan stance preparing for battle even though he is dwarfed by Toda.

Toda has no look of confusion, his master always starts in this stance, he must prepare for the onslaught of dark chi attacks that the old man has.

Toda ponders strategy, he knows from previous fights, that the old man tends to start in Mien-ch'uan, firing madding chi attacks, preferring to unload from long distance. Then usually the old man taunts the Kimodo dragon into regular combat or grappling range, and tends to flip the dragon around like a rag doll using his Jujitsu skills. If Toda can survive that, the old man usually saves a surprise for the third round, Toda has seen him use everything from the five animal family of kung fu, to vicious bone breaking strikes of Japanese Karate strikes. Toda often wonders what would happen in round "four"...

Toda has never scored three strikes on the old man, making it past the third round. , twice he scored two, and usually the pain and damage he takes the old man heals him after the fight.

Toda has never doubted the old mans skill, but his martial knowledge almost seems endless, almost uncanny or impossible.

His blistering speed and gross defense tend to overwhelm Toda, but if Can score 3 hits...

here is the deal, I don't expect you to beat him, I've completely stacked the deck against you, this might be my hardest npc yet, possibly ever... the old man will be extremely brutal, the goal is NOT to win, it is to last as many rounds as possible, you will get bonus exp for every round you last. The old man is part of your story, and he is quite the kung fu monster, however, if you can get 3 shots, you could get him to "bow out" (depending on damage of course) This is more of an introduction to fighting for you, and a way for you to "RESPECT YOUR MASTER!!!" This fight will also give a lot of examples to the other players of just what can be done in this game.

I'll give you one more post to start the fight, as the old man will wait for you and let you have the first attack... he always does... cocky old bastard

Galen
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Galen » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:41 am

Toda Hiromatsu finishes his preparations and bows to his master. He then spreads his hands wide in a symbolic gesture to show he carrys no weapons. Finally Toda takes up his wide legged sumo stance.

Toda did not believe that Master Shiegaeke had ever formally studied sumo, though there was no way to be sure. The master had studied so many forms it was astounding. Regardless of his background with sumo Shiegaeke had chosen it as one of the styles Toda would learn. It was a good match given Toda's weight and girth. There were a number of books detailing sumo techniques that were kept at the temple and Master Shiegaeke's teachings were so strict and precise you would have thought that he was once a yokozuna himself.

The sumo style was Toda's prefered attack method. He also practiced the mien-chuan style, but saved it for situations where defense was the principle objective.

Toda thought back to the to one of the first sparring matches he had against his master. Master Shiegaeke had just added cooking to Toda's daily chore list, and the inexperienced lizard was angry about the extra work. Master then proposed a compromise. Every morning they would spar and the defeated would have to do all the cooking. Needless to say Toda has been doing the cooking ever since.

That was long ago Toda thought. He had been so wild and brash. The sparring had taken on a whole new meaning in time. Toda now understood the experience he could gain by fighting against the master. It was a joy that he looked forward to each day. The komodo dragon tried every day to evolve his style and increase his abilities, one step at a time. Of course Master Shiegaeke still jokes that if Toda ever defeats him that he will have to remember how to cook, as it has been so long since he has had to.

Mind back on the fight Toda focused chi into his arms as he stepped forward towards the master who still bounced lightly back and forth, ready to respond. With a quick gesture Toda feints a lunge to the right and swings his left arm low trying to lift flip his master.
2 chi for body chi to increase P.P. by 10 for this melee round (unless it takes a melee attack. I wasn't sure). Step into combat range and attempt a body flip/throw.

Galen
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Galen » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:17 am

Toda keeps his legs wide, and hips squared as he trys to get his arm under master Shiegaeke. Even during attacks one must be planning for the next defense. Toda felt safe from knockdown while master was in mien-chuan. The threat would come from the hands or worse...the mind. Toda realized his mistake too late. He had left himself open to chi attack.
forgot a few things. I am in sumo style just so it is stated officially. I intend to respond with an automatic parry/roll with punch against any physical attacks. I completely forgot that I had to be focusing on chi defense to counter chi attacks. Oh, well. I guess thats why this is practice.

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 am

Shiegaeke leaps out of combat range as Toda enters.

He angrily scolds Toda "How many times have I told you to be wary of your mind! You would be no challenge for me on this day!"

the old man stands with his arms crossed obviously disgusted with his student.

"to be the greatest warrior, your mind must be as sharp as your body"

he raises one grey eyebrow "shall we begin again?"
he is your teacher, hope you learned your lesson, now you can chi defence

Galen
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Galen » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:02 pm

Chiding himself for such a novice mistake Toda brings his palms together in front of his heart to recenter his chi. Then, sweeping his arms out wide he sets his chi in preparation of negative energy attacks. Toda knew what to expect from his master, but the anticipation and excitement of battle still made him lose his focus from time to time. His feral enthusiasm for the hunt, and the powerful adrenaline rush would drop him out of his focus.

Master said that every student has trouble controling their agression at first, but Toda still felt embarassed when he fall to his base instincts. Toda seeked control of his inner self as master had taught him. One must be aware and focuses at all times during battle. Body and Mind must work as one. Proper use of these tools was what brought about victory.

Master Shiegaeke still stood swaying lightly on his feet, awaiting Toda's next move. A flock of parrots squaked somewhere near in the jungle as Toda again stepped up towards his master, legs spread wide, knees bent, and body centered low in sumo stance. This time Toda thrusts out an open palm forcefully towards the master's chest. It was a basic move but at times those where the best.
focused on chi defense.
Starting combat round again in sumo stance.
Move forward into combat range
Palm strike for first attack
auto parry/roll for defense

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:19 pm

the old man easily dodges's the palm strike and smiles wickedly at Toda...

or so he thought. His overconfidence in his counter attack caused him to miss step and he takes the full force of toda's attack. The old man realizes his mistake and attempts to minimize the damage, but Toda's attack is too powerful. The old man takes the full force of the palm strike directly in the chest and doubles him over with extreme force.
wow... all i got t say is wow. 14/1 I gave him a gross PP and you still hit him cause he rolled a 1!!! He tried to roll with punch but failed miserably 4... damage 3+11 (14 damage)
The old man gasps, realizing he was caught off guard. His face becomes stern, his oriental face looking very dark and grave, his teeth flash wickedly

he raises his right hand as if scooping the air around him his left hand reaches behind his back into chamber and both hands push at toda with blistering speed, however they do not touch him, perhaps a foot separates his strike from Toda and himself.
incoming chi attack 10 points how many do you want to defend with? remember each defense point defends 1d6 points, but each point hit hit is 3d6 chi damage.
ok you made him mad lol