Toda Hiromatsu Chapter 1: Enter the Dragon

Flashbacks for Mutants, Martial Arts, and Machine Guns.
sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Toda Hiromatsu Chapter 1: Enter the Dragon

Post by sempai » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:37 pm

Jemeri smiles, his old dark skinned face cracks with his smile, "Its ironic, in my culture Komodo dragons are considered sacred, we have stories, songs all about the dragons of this island... I can honestly say you are the first i have talked to!" he reaches to pat the large lizard on the back, but digresses choosing not to touch him.

he continues to speak, his thick islander accent sounding rhythmic as he speaks. "when I was a young boy, I had a book about a komodo dragon spirit that came to protect a young boy, and here we are"

He starts to unpack some of the "soldiers" things, making a quick make shift camp. "I don't feel so well, that hit to the head is leaving me with quite the headache" he continues wiping the sweat from his old brow. "lets take a short rest, then continue up the mountain, I was up here when i was young, its only a few more hours to the peak, I would assume they are not past that."

He pulls out some small candy bars and jerkeys from the soldiers packs, "seems this is all we have to eat. "

Galen
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Galen » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:44 am

"I can handle that." Toda replies as he grabs for a piece of jerky.

"I must say I have never gone more than a mile or two from the temple my whole life. I am enjoying seeing new places even if I can not spend the time to properly appreciate them right now. I'm sure we will find your...what was she...your daughter? I trust we will find out what is going on. And then we can spend some time to enjoy the view." Toda doesn't want to focus on such heavy thoughts right now and changes the subject. "Where did you learn to track Jemeri? Are you a hunter? I know how to garden and tend goats, but I have never learned to hunt. That must sound silly coming from a naturally predatory Komodo dragon but even before I became what I am now I hung around the temple and ate scraps left by guests and residents."

Toda continues making small talk with Jemeri as they sit and eat their meager feast. He asks about the sounds of the jungle, the village and whatever else comes to mind.

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:45 pm

Jemeri smiles, "its complicated" replies the old tracker "Laraluu is my niece, but her father died many years ago, I guess I am her uncle/father." his old eyes flash in the dusk light. "she the girl you saved is her mother, the man you met me with her husband...." he stares at the ground "I know alot of livestock has been taken from our ranch, and I can understand why one beast would want to eat another... but why the woman?"

"hunter? well I've been a rancher my entire life, pigs, chickens, sheep, alpacas, and sometimes they get free, my father taught me how to find them when they go astray, or to hunt the feral dogs that attack them" he wipes his brow "they can be quite aggressive you know" the old man coughs and wipes his brow "many years have taught me to find the smallest signs in the grass, the ground... ahhh to be young again!" His old wrinkled face cracks with a smile.

"your master must be worried about you? he must be quite a man to care for you all these years, strange he would teach such a beast to fight like the devil. I try to teach my animals to remain calm and kind" the old man forces a laugh, hoping his joke didn't offend his Giant companion, but his laugh turns into a cough in the end, but the old man waves his hand to Toda as he catches his breath to show that he is ok.

Jemeri tells Toda of the village, just a small town with a store a few ranchers, a post office and a grocery store, most of the utilities are ran from the distant port city, and occasionally they go into town and sell their goods for supplies.
i figure one more chat post exchange and we can move on to the next chapter, I might put a break in the story and start the next thread and calculate exp... btw nice post !

Galen
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Galen » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:13 am

Toda sends a concerned look at Jemeri after his coughing fit, but does not dwell on it and continues talking.

"Master Shiegaeke always says that he only taught me to fight so that he would have someone to spare with. Of course Master says many things in jest. By learning to focus and control my energy...my chi in combat I am more able to control my natural instincts. I may well have become just like those boarmen if it were not for Master Shiegaeke's teachings. I have learned much, but only a mere sliver of what the Master knows himself."

Toda pauses for a moment to take a large bite out of a chocolate bar before continuing.

"Have you ever left this island? I have always been facinated with the world away. When I tell Master Shiegaeke that I wish I could travel and see more of the world he just laughs at me and says that some day I will learn to appreciate what I have here. I am sure he is right...but still..."

Todas eye lose focus as he thinks of the many places he has read about in books.

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:49 pm

Jemeri listens to the lizard speak, and nods his head with a smile, "he must have seen something in you, and I believe i see it as well, here you help me with no reason, you a kindness that is all too rare now a days."

"I've never been off the island my friend, I too dream of the world, but I'm just a poor rancher, you are special though, you will see the world I'm sure. "

Jemeri lies down, in the grass, and falls to sleep the warm breeze beckoning Toda to sleep as well.
end of chapter... I will start a new chapter within a day!, we will calculate exp as well, i'm still behind on exp due to EM leaving the game.